corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  70    71    72    73    74    75    76  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
25th Aug 14 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing was caught on video as it was behind closed doors.

Rosberg deliberately failed to avoid a crash on purpose. He didn't crash into Lewis on purpose, but he failed to avoid bailing out as Vettel did a lap earlier.

Either way, ridiculous from Rosberg. It's about the long game. He would've had plenty more chances as that run up eau rouge and the DRS straight has always been very effective for overtaking.

Some people saying Lewis ruined his own race by driving back too fast with the puncture i'd be doing the same. Iike fuck would I drive back at 10mph and get lapped. Once you're lapped, you're pretty much fucked unless you are able to unlap yourself.

[Edited on 25-08-2014 by Ben G]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually thought he was trying to create debris to try to get a SC out
Ben G

25th Aug 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it. He knew almost immediately after the pit stop that his car and race was ruined, hence the ''giving up'' messages on the radio.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

More chance of it ending his race than Lewis's

I'm not sure I agree with that. Losing a front wing is RARELY terminal, losing a rear tyre quite often can be.

I'm not saying he perfectly calculated the move to cut his tyre, but I think he went into that turn knowing the odds are on his side. A double retirement works for Nico, but he got lucky.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

25th Aug 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All these Hamilton fan boys

I have only watched the highlights as I am in Austria but seems like something over nothing

Unlucky for Hamilton but again seems a team pampering to Lewis

All IMO of course
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

I dunno about the team pampering. I (as did most of the F1 fan community) get a pretty strong impression that Toto was well and truly a Rosberg fan, with Lauda and Lowe leaning more on Hamiltons' side.

When I saw Toto's post-race reaction and pretty much throwing Nico under the bus, I was amazed. I think Nico has been upsetting people since Hungary, possibly about the team order call which Merc management publicly announced was a mistake to even issue the order.

Lewis also said something else in one of his rants to the press, that Nico was extremely angry with the team even before this weekend started. I think Nico has lost some support in the garage - and that Lap2 move just made things worse, but I could be completely misreading it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

25th Aug 14 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to see who ends up at Merc next year, I cannot see them both still staying. If Rosberg wins the WDC I don't see them letting him go.

The whole situation at Merc is down to a lack of strong management. Both the drivers have shown they do not respect the management in the slightest.
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to hear what Harry Hogge make's of it.

Would he still be of the opinion that rubbin is racin.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've already signed Rosberg for next year, but Toto has specifically said that the team have got punishments beyond a "wrist slapping" that they can and possibly will apply because of this weekend.

Perhaps that's a contract change...

I'm thinking Lewis will be out though, possibly back to Macca, they're apparently offering to let both Lewis and 'Nando to write their own contracts there.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps if button retires.

I wish mclaren would go back to the red/white livery
Dave

25th Aug 14 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Button won't retire, it wouldn't surprise me if he has his hand forced though.
nibnob21
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think certain drivers would prefer to be in a title winning car than get paid a few million more when they're already earning a fortune.

I just can't see Alonso and Hamilton going to McLaren for money.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

25th Aug 14 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I have only watched the highlights as I am in Austria but seems like something over nothing

All IMO of course

I know you're like daniel (in bed with ferrari and hate lewis) but surely even with your rose tinted glasses on, you can see it was rosbergs mistake? How else can it be any different?

The fact the boss of the team has spoken about it in such seriousness and anger also tells you everything you need to know.
Ben G

25th Aug 14 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Be interesting to see who ends up at Merc next year, I cannot see them both still staying. If Rosberg wins the WDC I don't see them letting him go.

The whole situation at Merc is down to a lack of strong management. Both the drivers have shown they do not respect the management in the slightest.

Exactly that second part.

If Ross Brawn was there, it would never have come to this.

Toto has let them race and get away with too much, but maybe now we'll see his ruthless streak?

[Edited on 25-08-2014 by Ben G]
Dave

25th Aug 14 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso needs to take a gamble though. He's already wasting his time in that Ferrari that doesn't look like improving any time soon. McLaren are steadily assembling the personnel needed to produce a good car and have the budget to back them.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

JB already been sacked IMO

It wouldn't be a Macca move for Salary, but it could be a contracted #1 driver position or something equally valuable.

I'd prefer to see how the Honda PU does next year, but Honda are in a pretty good spot with a year watching and learning.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least if its got a civic engine it will never break down
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Merc have nailed it this year. Let them race, go to the limit in terms of every man for themselves.

Its entertainment, and they are dominating the grid, and getting a lot of media coverage. I say let them just get on with it.
Ben G

25th Aug 14 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And what happens when ricciardo wins the WDC?
JonnyJ

25th Aug 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

It wouldn't be a Macca move for Salary, but it could be a contracted #1 driver position or something equally valuable.

I'd prefer to see how the Honda PU does next year, but Honda are in a pretty good spot with a year watching and learning.

But apparently they aren't going to be ready to run the engine at the end of season test. That would worry me as all testing will be done in the winter, if there's issues, they're Fucked. It's all well and good learning but it's another thing putting it into practice. If I was at anyone but Mercedes, I'd maybe take the risk but not if I was there.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

But apparently they aren't going to be ready to run the engine at the end of season test. That would worry me as all testing will be done in the winter, if there's issues, they're Fucked. It's all well and good learning but it's another thing putting it into practice. If I was at anyone but Mercedes, I'd maybe take the risk but not if I was there.

Yeah that's why I'd prefer that Lewis waits a year before jumping ship. Honda are no worse-off than the teams were this year, probably at an advantage - but that won't be good enough, they need to match them next year!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

What makes you think he will?? He's won 3 out of 12, with the other 9 being split between the Mercs.

I don't mean go all out and start destroying each other for the rest of the season. Just go out and do what they have been doing so far. Its worked up until now so why stop it.

Just because of a racing incident, they shouldn't pull the plug on the way they have been driving.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

What makes you think he will?? He's won 3 out of 12, with the other 9 being split between the Mercs.

I don't mean go all out and start destroying each other for the rest of the season. Just go out and do what they have been doing so far. Its worked up until now so why stop it.

Just because of a racing incident, they shouldn't pull the plug on the way they have been driving.

He's won 3 out of the last 6, probably a more reflective statistic!

I'm not sure DR can win the WDC, but it would only take a double Merc retirement (likely at this rate ) and he'd be well into it. WCC is safe, but Merc would look REALLY stupid if they let Ricciardo pull a 2007Kimi on them.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

26th Aug 14 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

All IMO of course

I know you're like daniel (in bed with ferrari and hate lewis) but surely even with your rose tinted glasses on, you can see it was rosbergs mistake? How else can it be any different?

The fact the boss of the team has spoken about it in such seriousness and anger also tells you everything you need to know.

exactly is was Rosbergs "mistake" - you can see he caused the incident but I think was just trying to force the corner - but it was his mistake not calculated so I don't see why its all the reaction and fuss

i would like to see your opinion if the table was reversed and Hamilton had made that move.

I think its good that the two take chances and its just so happens that they hit each other.

How many times have we seen drivers lose end plates and get punctures through racing incidents.

Not sure why Merc are so vocal to throw Rosberg under the bus - its like they go from one extreme of not saying anything when team orders were applied and not followed to making very public statements when an accident happens
Rob_Quads

26th Aug 14 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two key points for me were:

Rosberg knew he had screwed up as he turned in and then bailed on the move, turned back out (as he knew he could not make it) and then turned back in on lewis still too early.
In the 'meeting' he admitted that he turned in and it was up to Hamilton to avoid it (even though Hamilton was 100% on the racing line and had no reason to move and his mirrors will not have shown him that he was turning in like he did)

So did he do it on purpose - No but he did say, its up to Hamilton to avoid the crash (even though its not his place to)

Intersting post race picee from Brundel explaining about wings hitting the tyres. Its only if you hit the top 1" of the sidewall you will get a 90% chance of a puncture. Hit lower down the sidewall or the tread and its much less, nearer 10%

So doing it on purcpose is a big risk as its no gaurntee except you will cause yourself win damage (As shown when Alonso hit Vettel at the end)

Lots have also commented he at no time has admitted he was sorry when even an amateur driver would know its thier mistake, if he had the backlash may have been less.

As for it being the Hamilton tinted glasses. Good evidence its not that is that even the german press gave him a hard time in the press interviews

[Edited on 26-08-2014 by Rob_Quads]

<<  70    71    72    73    74    75    76  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1242552 seconds