corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Dec 13 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Love that new nose! Looks so much better than those retarded stepped noses.
Tiger

15th Dec 13 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Does sutil have a big spender behind him? No idea why hes still in f1?

He does have a degree of talent, hes not a name you'll see at the back of the grid consistently. But, that being said, he'll never be a successful driver. He's a good development driver.
Dom

16th Dec 13 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like Hamilton has dropped out of the Bahrain tyre testing -
quote:
Nico Rosberg will be the only man in charge of carrying out driving duties for the Mercedes team during the upcoming tyre test in Bahrain.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111879

Clearly got more pressing matters to deal with........like flying around with his dogs*
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2524174/Lewis-Hamilton-travels-class-Frankfurt-pet-bulldogs-Roscoe-Coco.html

Again, it makes you wondering how useful the mileage gained during a tyre test really is to the drivers and teams.

* He's actually doing high altitude training.

Also came across a new (new to me anyway) F1 news come rumours blog, thejudge13, which among a load of other interesting tidbits has a short post regarding Merc engine developments (HERE) and how they're behind schedule. Certainly take it with a pinch of salt considering it contradicts other reports, especially Whitmarsh saying he believes Merc are well in the lead with development.
JonnyJ

19th Dec 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Merc poach Gilles Wood and Mark Ellis from Red Bull

Ellis was head of Vehicle dynamics and Wood was chief engineer for simulation and analysis.
JonnyJ

19th Dec 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and

tom130691
Premium Member

19th Dec 13 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

19th Dec 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Merc poach Gilles Wood and Mark Ellis from Red Bull

So what's that now, 2 to Merc, 2 McLaren and 1 to Williams?

Strange that there's a lack of info of RBR hiring (no doubt they are though).

Edit - Looks like they won't be release of contract 'til end of 2014 - http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9079687/-Merc-poach-two-key-Red-Bull-figures- which is no doubt a bit of a PITA for 'poaching' teams.

[Edited on 19-12-2013 by Dom]
Ben G

19th Dec 13 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racing drivers must have bollocks the size of watermelons.
Dom

19th Dec 13 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth a watch (motorsport related) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIoO_N8bSP0
Dom

21st Dec 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sirotkin is out -

quote:
Sauber confirms Esteban Gutierrez will race for the team in 2014
Esteban Gutierrez will remain with Sauber for a second season in 2014, the team has announced.
The 22-year-old Mexican will partner Adrian Sutil, whose signing was confirmed last week, at the Swiss outfit.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111935

Guess it came down to money (Telmex sponsorship), although probably not a bad thing in this case with Gutierrez.

Also rumours that Kobayashi could be making a return - http://adamcooperf1.com/2013/12/20/kobayashi-set-for-f1-return-with-caterham/
Graeme
Premium Member

22nd Dec 13 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mercedes have failed there safety test last week. Apparantly the engine mounts failed causing the engine to move forward and push the fuel cell forward and through the bulkhead which would of crushed the driver.

Also lotus have got big money problems. Can't afford to pay for parts they are buying with certain manufacturers.
Dom

22nd Dec 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Mercedes have failed there safety test last week. Apparently the engine mounts failed causing the engine to move forward and push the fuel cell forward and through the bulkhead which would of crushed the driver.

Doesn't sound good; perhaps there's some truth in the rumour that they're behind schedule after all. Although they've got a big enough team so i don't doubt they'll get it sorted.

quote:
Also lotus have got big money problems. Can't afford to pay for parts they are buying with certain manufacturers.

Got a source for this?

I know the Quantum deal looks like a no go, hence Maldanado and his sponsorship but they've still got some fairly big backers so i'd be surprised if they were that strapped for cash.

Edit - Found a few recent articles that mention unpaid suppliers, HERE, but i think that's based off the rumours from back in august/september.
Any other recent sources?

[Edited on 22-12-2013 by Dom]
Graeme
Premium Member

22nd Dec 13 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Source is my good friend who is on the team who designs and makes all the fuel cells for F1 aswell as other Motorsport etc.

Apparently maldanado money hasn't materialised yet. They can't even afford to pay for there cell. About £40k. Let alone a spare.

The Mercedes cell has come back for repairs after the safety test fail. Only real damage to mounting points.
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Dec 13 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It always amazes me that Maldonado is/was/will be considered a replacement for Quantum's funding, unless he brings significantly more than he did to Williams.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dom

22nd Dec 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
It always amazes me that Maldonado is/was/will be considered a replacement for Quantum's funding, unless he brings significantly more than he did to Williams.

$40m is what i've seen reported (saw it on Twitter; take with pinch of salt), which means it's roughly double the Williams deals - Williams sponsorship was $20m, iirc.

Still, i suspect the sponsorship deal is no where near what Quantum would have brought to the table.

quote:
Source is my good friend .....

Fair enough. Just surprised they're that strapped for cash; £40k isn't a huge amount in F1 and as said, they've still got some (reasonably) big backers behind them.
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Dec 13 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah 40m is a lot, but nowhere near title sponsor money!

Watched an Eddie Stobart thing on telly yesterday, 16 lorry convoy to Barca grand prix with the Mercedes motorhome, pretty cool

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cavey

29th Dec 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Schumacher taken to hospital with serious head injuries from skiing in France
Aaron

29th Dec 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"It may be a head injury but it is not very serious."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25542340
Cavey

29th Dec 13 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the more updates that are coming, the less serious it seems to be. Which is good
p

29th Dec 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Racing drivers must have bollocks the size of watermelons.

Wages and lifestyle help, though
Dom

29th Dec 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not convinced it's Hamilton but here's, supposedly, a 'lovely' track of Hamilton singing through Autotune -

http://www.mototube.pl/film/15771/lewis-hamilton---say-goodbye-ft.-ana-lou/

Back to F1, there's been a load of rumours today on twitter about Lotus being up shit creek with regards to money - a Finnish paper have reported they won't be on the grid next year (highly unlikely tbh); workers are apparently on minimum hours due to lack of pay; Renault still owed two seasons pay and won't sign an engine contract until Lotus pay up; PDVSA potentially don't have the budget to support Maldonado but if they do, Lotus won't be getting paid until well into next year (rumoured Jan/Feb earliest) and Lotus are apparently heavily relying on Maldonado's money.

I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt but it's a bit dire at Lotus if it is that bad.
JonnyJ

29th Dec 13 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not Lewis, confirmed it on twitter this morning
JonnyJ

3rd Jan 14 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the "cock/pinocchio" noses will feature on at least a few cars. Ugly as sin

Based off a good source of information, here is my interpretation of the 2014 Force India VJM07. #TechF1 #F1

Ben G

3rd Jan 14 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has sky confirmed whether you'll be able to watch sky sports f1 with just the hd pack?

Had a look on their website and it looks like it's been dropped from that package, and you need to purchase the entire sports package now.

not happy if thats the case. Got rid of the hd pack when the season ended and the girl on the phone said nothing about this.
JonnyJ

3rd Jan 14 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll have to pay for sports.

We took out a 12 month contract with them in April so I'll probably lose it then too, unless i pay for sports.

Dunno what to do, I dont mind streaming but im very rarely about when the races are on live so been able to Sky+ it and watch it as live has been a godsend. BBC Highlights dont cut it for me.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1194170 seconds