corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ryan

User status: Offline
4th Dec 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank fuck Korea is gone.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Dec 13 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
19 races next season. No Korea, New Jersey or Mexico

Less races sucks, should get France and Turkey back on to replace two of those

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Mad Moe

5th Dec 13 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted about New Jersey, was going to plan my trip to New York around it this year!

Was at the Hungaroring last year for my first GP which was an amazing experience and definitely got the bug to go to more. Thinking either Spa, Monza or Hockenheim now.
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent choices, I've ticked Spa and Monza off but looking like a year off next year

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Mad Moe

5th Dec 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be interested to know how you found Monza i.e getting there, accommodation, prices etc.

I've got a few mates who have been to Spa so have a relatively good idea of what to expect however I don't know anyone who has made the Monza trip.

[Edited on 05-12-2013 by Mad Moe]
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=626739&page=41

From 2012.

We stopped in Milan, decent on a night but about 2-3 hours of trains and busses (and walking!) to get to the track each day.

Spa in contrast was 10mins from track, but NOTHING on a night.

Both excellent tracks, would re-do either in a heartbeat.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Mad Moe

5th Dec 13 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that mate, I'll give your posts a proper read when I get home from work.

I've heard Spa is a bit quiet on an evening and that was one of the main reasons we chose Budapest last year as we made it a bit of a holiday as well and stayed for 6 nights.
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spa was just spooky. Walking around on a night you would have no idea there was a grand prix on. Two RBR team engineers sat on a wall waiting for Pizza was all we saw in three nights

Oh, saw Webber through a restaurant window too - no fuss, no nothing. WEIRD!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Mad Moe

5th Dec 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you're looking for something a bit more lively I can certainly recommend Budapest, it had something for everyone, stunning city, great weather, cheap bars, nice restaurants and some brilliant nightclubs.

All in all I can honestly say it was probably the best Lads holidays I've ever been on and for what we experienced throughout the stay thought it was very reasonably priced, particularly the 500ml cans of larger that were served in the grandstands for about 85p
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Dec 13 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately I made the mistake of taking my Missus to Spa this year, and she's now hooked meaning I can't go without her.

She's a teacher which means my choice of Grand Prix destinations is slashed down to those during holidays

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dom

6th Dec 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it appears the LaFerrari video floating around could actually be their F1 V6 Turbo as supposedly they're interested in LMP1 with that engine/power-unit - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111742

On another note, a bit of a roundup of 2014 regulations from Ted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKWPBBRILxA
fred7

6th Dec 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mad moe i also went spa last year and couldnt rate this place enough! We stayed about 20 min drive away will find hotel if u wanted. There was about 3 bars that served kebabs and pizza etc and that was it. Lots of people stayed there tho for the gp so wasnt to bad plus was fucked by end of the night cuz the walking! Kyle will tell ya the hills are alot bigger than on tv!!! Defo a bucketlist trip for me!!
Dom

9th Dec 13 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems Williams are grabbing new staff - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/12/09/williams-recruit-red-bull-and-lotus-aero-staff/. Hopefully some fresh staff will be a turning; just a shame they roped in Symonds

There's also a rumour floating around that Smedley will be joining Williams; makes a lot of sense considering Massa.
RichR
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Smedley was a done deal?
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, in fact Smedley was rumoured to Williams before Massa lost his job

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cavey

9th Dec 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think its been mentioned, but...

Double points for the final race.

Drivers get to pick their own number and keep it for their career.
JonnyJ

9th Dec 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

Double points for the final race.

Thats has to be the shittest idea they've ever come up with. So basically retirement in the final race, for some reason, will cost you twice as much as retirement anywhere else. What the actual fuck?!
nibnob21
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double points is stupid in my opinion. Driver number is fine, makes them more marketable as well so I bet the sponsors etc are loving that.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

9th Dec 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double points idea is the worst ever

Brazilians obviously got pissed off with not having the title decided there.
JonnyJ

9th Dec 13 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last race is Abu Dhabi next season Ben
RichR
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagreed with the move to the current points system and it still annoys me when they compare the total number of points scored by a current driver to the numbers scored by drivers under the previous system. Of course Vettel has overtaken some of the greats; a win now is worth 2.5x the amount it was then!!

Double points is just silly but I do think points for qualification is a good idea seeing as quali can be more entertaining than some of the races.

As for numbers, it worked in the past and I always remember Gerhard Berger and Jean Alesi in the Ferraris on #27 and #28 or Hill with #0, etc. It works well in the likes of MotoGP
Ben G

10th Dec 13 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Last race is Abu Dhabi next season Ben

Replace brazilians with arabs.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone work out how different the final standings would have been for the last few seasons if the final race yielded double?

Hamilton would be WDC-less I guess, at least - but not sure how big the impact actually would have had recently, as Seb won the race whenever it went down to the wire(?)

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

10th Dec 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massa not Hamilton in 08. Alonso not Vettel in 12. Raikkonen not Schumacher in 03. Prost not Lauda in 84. Jones not Pique in 81. Villeneuve not Scheckter in 79. Ickx not Rindt in 70. Moss not Hawthorne in 58. Moss not Fangio in 56.

[Edited on 10-12-2013 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

10th Dec 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red Bull, Merc, Ferrari & Torro Rosso to test the new tyres using last seasons cars in Bahrain next week

No Mclaren, FI, Sauber, Lotus, Williams, Marussia or Caterham

Surely you'd want to get a go on the tyres to get some data? Seems bizarre Mclaren arent testing.

[Edited on 10-12-2013 by JonnyJ]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1058569 seconds