corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
29th Nov 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope there is only 20 cars next year. 22/24 is too many and the fact they're dog slow makes them dangerous. Far too many problems with them this season whilst being lapped.
JonnyJ

29th Nov 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, my eyes thank you Dom

I heard about the Sauber/Marussia merger a few days back too on Twitter. Could be interesting. Would leave Caterham just doddering about at the back on their own

PP trophy sounds pointless, though i do believe there should be some points reward for pole, at the end of the day, qualifying (in the dry at least) shows which cars have true speed in optimum conditions, teams and drivers should be rewarded for that.
Dom

29th Nov 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I hope there is only 20 cars next year. 22/24 is too many and the fact they're dog slow makes them dangerous. Far too many problems with them this season whilst being lapped.

See, i'm all for more teams and cars but i just think the wrong teams were chosen, with the exception of Caterham who've done extremely well for a new team; Virgin and HRT (absolute disaster) were horrendous calls considering the entry list of new teams.

On another note, i would if we'll see more of this -

JonnyJ

29th Nov 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111657?source=mostpopular

Not a fan of this. Takes tyre strategy out of the equation basically.
Dom

29th Nov 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't most teams do at least two stops anyway? So that isn't an issue.
I can see how forcing limits of tyre usage is a hindrance to strategy but i'm assuming they're doing it to force pitting and in turn create *jazz-hands*drama*jazz-hands*

If out of this or trophies for pointless 'achievements', then i'd rather this

quote:
Giedo Van der Garde to move to Sahara Force India?
Dutch Formula 1 driver, Giedo Van der Garde is supported by wealthy sponsors and could find a new home at Sahara Force India in 2014.
RTL Nederland has reported that Marcel Boekhoorn, one of the richest Dutch businessmen and billionaire, could be interested in buying into Sahara Force India Formula 1 team.

One of the co-owners of the Indian team is fellow countryman, Michiel Mol.
Van der Garde’s long-time girlfriend is Denise Boekhoorn, Marcel’s daughter.
Marcel Boekhoorn is a major investor in the Netherlands, and is reportedly a major investor in McGregor Fashion Group, Giedo’s main sponsor this year at Caterham.

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f1-giedo-van-der-garde-to-move-to-sahara-force-india?artid=162342&utm_medium=feeds&utm_source=feed-all&utm_campaign=feeds

If there is any truth to this then it'd put Hulkenberg in a bit of a pickle.
JonnyJ

30th Nov 13 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9049913/revving-the-red-bull-renault-v8

Brutal, turn the volume up to 11

[Edited on 30-11-2013 by JonnyJ]
Aaron

30th Nov 13 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The exhaust looks like something you'd see in a glass bottle blowing factory. Due to the camera angles, it looked like the exhaust was beginning to deform due to the heat...but it was probably just the way i was looking at it
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/bexclusiveb-ferrari-testing-v6-turbo-engine-at-fiorano

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dom

30th Nov 13 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
http://www.f1today.net/en/news/bexclusiveb-ferrari-testing-v6-turbo-engine-at-fiorano

Previous page

The vid originally came from an Italian blog, so take it with a pinch of salt

But i'm not convinced, even after reading a load of threads about it (decent thread over on F1Technical), that it is the F1 V6 Turbo they're testing as i would have thought it'd be against the reg's to test engines outside of F1.
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Dec 13 at 02:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a friend who makes the F1 tanks. All teams bar redbull have finished there fuel tank designs and have them made. Redbull as ever seem to be pushing it to the wire considering testing in Jan.
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 13 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Ross Brawn has left Merc

No real surprise. Question is, will he retire and or move, if so where?

I'm hoping he moves to McLaren

Looks like Ross is going to take some time out of the sport and says he will make a decision next summer.
Robbo

3rd Dec 13 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Formula 1 - F1 teams in permanent numbers push
Formula 1 teams are pushing ahead with a plan to give drivers permanent numbers throughout their racing careers, AUTOSPORT has learned.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111650
Can see the advantage with merchandising, still not sure what was wrong with the current system though.

bring back the original system - Williams 5/6, Ferrari 27/28, Tyrell 3/4 etc. etc.
Ryan

3rd Dec 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chilton to Sauber, 1 year deal.
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 13 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

££££
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also FI officially confirm Hulkenburg.
Dom

3rd Dec 13 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Chilton to Sauber, 1 year deal.

Rumour, confirmed? Got a source to the info as the usual places haven't got anything?

As it's been reported that Sutil will grab the remaining seat at Sauber - contract has 'apparently' been signed.
Ryan

3rd Dec 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No sorry Dom, saw it on Facebook status from a guy that writes an F1 blog. I hope it's bollocks for the credibility of the sport.
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Dec 13 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Ross Brawn has left Merc

No real surprise. Question is, will he retire and or move, if so where?

I'm hoping he moves to McLaren

Looks like Ross is going to take some time out of the sport and says he will make a decision next summer.

If that's the case, it makes the Mclaren/Honda suggestion more likely for him then...
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless Honda burnt their bridges with him in 08. Wouldnt rule it out completely though.
Dom

3rd Dec 13 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's rumoured that Honda has already started throwing the cash around and supposedly now have a fair amount of input into McLaren's decisions, hence McLaren's and Honda's poaching spree on RBR, Ferrari, Merc and Lotus designers and engineers; if that's the case then i'm sure Honda/McLaren would make it very 'attractive' for Brawn if he decided to join the team

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
No sorry Dom, saw it on Facebook status from a guy that writes an F1 blog. I hope it's bollocks for the credibility of the sport.

I'd be very surprised if Chilton does end up at Sauber but i guess stranger things have happened

Edit - Found a twitter status of someone joking about Chilton joining Sauber - HERE; can't find anything else though

[Edited on 03-12-2013 by Dom]
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting to see how they handle the change of engines.

Given that the Merc engine will be different to the Honda one they are going to have to re-design the 15 car for the Honda engine, or make compromises for the Merc engined 14 car with 15 in the back of their mind.

Cant help but think a bit of continuity will go a long way with the big changes coming, rather than designing a car to take one engine one year, then have to redesign the next, whilst the rest of the teams refine.
Dom

3rd Dec 13 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Given that the Merc engine will be different to the Honda one they are going to have to re-design the 15 car for the Honda engine, or make compromises for the Merc engined 14 car with 15 in the back of their mind.

Cant help but think a bit of continuity will go a long way with the big changes coming, rather than designing a car to take one engine one year, then have to redesign the next, whilst the rest of the teams refine.

Unlikely to be a complete re-design in any case. Rather worse case scenario will be the back third and as you say McLaren will likely base their design around the Honda packaging and compromise on the Merc engine for '13. Although if you read the technical regulations, it appears most of the engines will likely to be similarly packaged (with the exception of ancillaries) anyway.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Dec 13 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I would expect the Honda engine to end up being remarkably similar to the Merc one in terms of packaging. Arguably Honda have got the upper hand, with a free year of "testing" without cost or worrying about their reputation!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 13 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Honda will be a success. Technology wise this is right up their street, which is of course, why they came back
JonnyJ

4th Dec 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19 races next season. No Korea, New Jersey or Mexico

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1093581 seconds