corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting a front window?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting a front window?
Root

User status: Offline
9th Nov 13 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some help.
Some cunt thought it'd be hilarious to throw a hammer through the window while I was driving.

Stripped the door back and I can see how the window goes on. Just matching up the plastic white bits onto the rails.
What's the best way to do this though?

Putting the front runner on first or rear one? Fitting the glass from the outside or inside of the door?
Do I just have the window fully wound up while doing it too?

Need help asap with this one as it's getting dark.
craig55

9th Nov 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front first from outside reg at midway
Root

9th Nov 13 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers craig.

is it possible and easier to put the window fully inside the panel at an angle and pull it backwards onto the rails or does it have to be put on forwards?

And also the little white bits that the rail slides on, suppose they're meant to be angled at 45 degrees when fitting?

Thanks for all help

[Edited on 09-11-2013 by Root]
craig55

9th Nov 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of them you remove a braket allows more movement on the guide has to go in at a 45 angle easier with 2 people
Root

9th Nov 13 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to do it but it's just so awkward.

Can't even see the white plastic bit the rail slides on when the regulator is half way so it's like guess work.

Got my mate giving me a hand but still difficult

New Poll