corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Sunny Melon LE 1.3 CDTi

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sunny Melon LE 1.3 CDTi
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Oct 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the paint code is genuinely called Sunny Melon. Cracked me up.

Well as some of you may know my Corsa has gone Served me well but my girlfriend and I just don't need two cars at the moment so my one's been sold on.

So I'm now driving her D for the time being and am already itching to tweak it slightly!

Here's a few pics I took about a year ago:

First thing I did when she bought the car was buy her some tailor fitted mats with yellow piping.

But as all girls seem to do with their cars, it didn't stay clean and tidy for long. So this week I've given it a proper tidy out of all the shite and old receipts that lined the door pockets.

Gave it a thorough hoover yesterday and replaced the interior light with a bright white SMD light from my B.

As you can see, nice and clean and also bright from the SMD.

Also ordered some of these:

VAUXHALL CORSA D 3door 2006-2012 HEKO wind deflectors 2pc set - fits all trims | eBay

One of these, nice and simple:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290815367366?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And these for the boot light:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370889638865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Earlier today I removed the rear window stickers to tidy the rear window up:

Done:

Plan to give it a good wash whenever the weather permits in the next few days. Hardest thing of all to do will be persuade the lady to let me remove the corsa and ecoflex badges from the rear!

It's not my car so I obviously have to respect that. I feel like I've got a new car though so I really want to make a few tweaks here and there which I'm sure I can get away with, but I obviously can't get carried away. There's also the case of having to respect the warranty, as boring as that sounds.

Other than debadging and the things I've already bought, really the only other thing I'd like are the oem factory black headlights. Failing that I may look at a fly eyes kit.

[Edited on 11-10-2013 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread
Stuart H

11th Oct 13 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some white drl bulbs for it, got some for my Sri off ebay , looks miles better than the yellow ones that are in it.
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a link?

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

11th Oct 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice ford motor company reg plate there

Lovely colour, makes a change from the copius amounts of red and white 'limited editions'
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't like Corsa D's but this looks nice

[Edited on 11-10-2013 by CorsaBM8]
Stuart H

11th Oct 13 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those ones mate , bright white on drl. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-W21-5w-T20-DUAL-FILAMENT-SIDE-DRL-7443-SUPER-WHITE-HID-EFFECT-BULBS-Pair-/400385373634?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d38d3f5c2
Could get some mudflaps like mine if your into that? I want to take the vauxhall badge off mine but not sure.
Stuart H

11th Oct 13 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also black grill would look good on this.
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th Oct 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Nice ford motor company reg plate there

Lovely colour, makes a change from the copius amounts of red and white 'limited editions'

God you need to get out more

Yeah there are a lot of limited editions, seems a bit counter intuitive. Like you said, at least there are slightly fewer yellow ones.

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaBM8
Don't like Corsa D's but this looks nice

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart H
Those ones mate , bright white on drl. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-W21-5w-T20-DUAL-FILAMENT-SIDE-DRL-7443-SUPER-WHITE-HID-EFFECT-BULBS-Pair-/400385373634?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d38d3f5c2
Could get some mudflaps like mine if your into that? I want to take the vauxhall badge off mine but not sure.

Thanks for the link. Not really a fan of the mud flaps to be honest. And I really don't like the rear on these when they've been fully debadged. Too big a block of nothing; like when someone moves their number plate to the bumper and has their boot fully smoothed on a B, just doesn't look right. I want it like yours with just the griffin left.

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart H
Also black grill would look good on this.

Yeah I agree, think I may have some plain matte black wrap lying about somewhere so might have a play with that.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few purchases:

Chrome/Silver BAU15S/581 21W Amber Indicator bulbs | eBay

12782509/508 Genuine Vauxhall Insignia Windscreen Washer Jets (Pair) Mist | eBay

2x Vauxhall Corsa D (2010+) DRL Bulbs 580 7443 W21/5W T20 WHITE Polarg M13 | eBay

To help sort out several tiny stone chips on the bumper and bonnet:

VAUXHALL TOUCH UP PAINT STICK SUNNY MELON 40Q NEW | eBay

Made a start today on cutting out some wrap to have a go at doing the front grille. Finished work late and it got dark quickly so didn't get very far.

Reckon I've convinced the lady to let me partially debadge it, even her mum was saying it looks better lol. Just need some good weather now.

MX5 Project Thread
Ojc

14th Oct 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thorney are doing a host of goodies for the 75bhp 1.3CDTi
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barely, well not according to their website. Most categories are empty.

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice Robin.

My GF is on the brink of ordering a Chilli Orange LE herself.

Tried to convince her to go for this Yellow but she's having none of it
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chilli Orange is lovely in my opinion. One of, if not the nicest colour.

At the time Soph got this I wanted her to get white but glad she didn't now. Don't see anywhere near as many yellow ones.

MX5 Project Thread
Ojc

15th Oct 13 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They got a development car this week nibnob
nibnob21
Premium Member

15th Oct 13 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polarg DRLs/sidelight bulbs came today. So much better!

Sidelights before:

And after:

DRLs one of each:

After:

Very happy

MX5 Project Thread
Ojc

15th Oct 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like dis motor
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Oct 13 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a couple more things done today. Fitted Insignia mist washer jets and Heko wind deflectors:

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GF just ordered hers today...

Will be taking some inspiration from the little changes on this one - liking the look of the upgraded DRL Bulbs etc!
LukesCorsaSXi

17th Oct 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

Will be taking some inspiration from the little changes on this one - liking the look of the upgraded DRL Bulbs etc!

Did you persuade her to get yellow?
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

Did you persuade her to get yellow?

Nope

Orange though, so not all bad!
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few more things in the post today:

Plain and simple tax disc holder:

Then swapped the indicator bulbs for chrome ones:

In the last pic the slight orange is from a street light reflecting, not the bulb

The boot festoon I ordered came after a while. I ordered a white SMD and they sent me a blue LED. Not impressed.

Other package was a little touch-up paint kit to go over little stone chips on the bumper and bonnet.

Next thing will be debadge and SMDs for the number plate lights, and perhaps some new plain number plates. Also apparently the sunglasses holders also fit these so I may fit one I have lying about from my B.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found some SMDs from the B that'll do for the number plate lights

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better picture of the silver bulbs:

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Struck a compromise with the ladyfriend; LE badges on the wings are staying but I'm allowed to debadge the boot

So I got to work...

Much better. As you can see the car is filthy, so I gave it a wash...in what turned out to be in the pouring rain.

When the rain stopped I polished off the remaining badge glue.

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Struck a compromise with the ladyfriend;

Can see myself having this issue... Itching to get my hands on the Chilli one when I'm home. Already got some plans I've put to her.

On another note, did your registration approval on Corsa D take forever? Can't search or anything until my account is approved. Annoying.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Sunny Melon LE 1.3 CDTi 24 database queries in 0.1103811 seconds