corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » VX inlet x14xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VX inlet x14xe
Jed D

User status: Offline
21st Aug 13 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha you see so many different ways of doing these, i dont think iv seen one single one done the same as i had mine

here it is anyway, never had a single running issue with mine

need to get some sort of pinned up thread for this... see people getting confused with it all the time

[Edited on 21-08-2013 by Jed D]
boomtings1

21st Aug 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was the same as jeds. The for gets vacuum all the time, there isn't an actuator between.
daz_corsa

21st Aug 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads, I'm going to blank egr tonite and have a go at the vac pipes, jed see just next to your battery on the right hand side, there's a little yellow breather, where does that one go to the brake servo breather thing? Ta
Jed D

21st Aug 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooo, i cant remember mate. was a while ago i had that

can i just ask, why you blanking your egr? theres no actual gain at all and it'll probs just throw up the occasional light. i never bothered

oh and that yellow things a one way breather if that's any help

csifku

21st Aug 13 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got more than those vacuum pipes, i go all in one 3 plastic vacuum hoses, Jeds doesn thave them !
daz_corsa

22nd Aug 13 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
ooo, i cant remember mate. was a while ago i had that

can i just ask, why you blanking your egr? theres no actual gain at all and it'll probs just throw up the occasional light. i never bothered

oh and that yellow things a one way breather if that's any help

I'm blanking the egr coz its got a missfire and I'm hoping that's why lol if not then dig a bit deeper.
flame

23rd Aug 13 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so you want to have the MAP sensor, FPR, fuel tank vent valve (the thing with the red wiring plug and 2 outlets) and any other vacuum pipes you have all connected to the vacuum outlets on the inlet manifold. You may have a vacuum pipe coming across from the passenger side that comes out of a solenoid. This in turn has a pipe that goes to the 'flying saucer' on top of the exhaust manifold. The solenoid on the passenger side of the car is for the SAI system so if you have that it can be removed or left in place. Some of those solenoids have 1 pipe coming across to the inlet manifold, a yellow one and a green one, some only 1 but either way connect them all into the vacuum pipes with the T-pieces.
Do not connect the breather that comes off the rocker cover into this vacuum system as it can cause running problems and increase emissions which I found out one MOT time. Leave that breather on the rocker cover to vent to atmosphere.
The fuel tank vent valve should have 2 hoses going into it- 1 comes round the back of the engine and is a black plastic one. This can sometimes come disconnected during the fitting procedure and fall down the back of the engine. You should be able to trace it from the drivers side because it runs from the charcoal canister. Plug that into 1 outlet of the vent valve and the other run a hose into the other vacuums. I have included a picture of mine, the upper pipe (black plastic one) is the one that comes from the charcoal canister and the lower outlet is the one that is connected into the vacuum pipes with T-pieces.
You will also need to remove the original throttle body mounting bracket and get a blanking plate in there similar to the one in the pic here.
Hopefully that should help

[Edited on 23-08-2013 by flame]
csifku

24th Aug 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flame is right, same way i told him to do it, same as mine
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

28th Nov 16 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got good pictures of where all the connections are supposed to go? for the vx inlet

**MANTZEL INLET MANIFOLD WANTED**

***CORSA B 1.6 WANTED*** message 07985388283 if you have or know of one for sale***

(if you can still read this then i'm still looking for them thanks.)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Dec 16 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like that?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll