corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 Corsa GSi 16v

New Poll
  <<  25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1995 Corsa GSi 16v
Ian W

User status: Offline
23rd May 17 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's the plan mate, get it all tidy under there
Jed D

16th Jun 18 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still got this pal, tidy!
Ian W

16th Jun 18 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
still got this pal, tidy!

Yep, plenty going on with it

Ojc

17th Jul 18 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper Mantzel can’t be beaten.

I never understood why people don’t follow up the mantzel with a similar spec to Lee Mannings old GSi with the 4-2-1, matched inlets set of cams and raised limiter that thing flew 0-60 6.39 seconds and it wasn’t a mad spec engine
Ian W

17th Jul 18 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Proper Mantzel can’t be beaten.

I never understood why people don’t follow up the mantzel with a similar spec to Lee Mannings old GSi with the 4-2-1, matched inlets set of cams and raised limiter that thing flew 0-60 6.39 seconds and it wasn’t a mad spec engine

I've got the 4-2-1 on, cams is the plan for over winter

Was at the VBOA show this weekend, was a good one, plenty of nice old Vauxhalls on display

[Edited on 17-07-2018 by Ian W]
Jambo

29th Jan 19 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always loved this car
SetH

29th Jan 19 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

White was 100% the colour for a GSi

Long before white was even in fashion for cars tbh.
Ian W

1st Feb 19 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the positive vibes, looking forward to getting it back out when the weather improves, everytime I drive it, it's a trip down memory lane and very different to the majority of things on the road in 2019

[Edited on 01-02-2019 by Ian W]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
1st Feb 19 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are those seats off Pagey or did you make your own?
Ian W

2nd Feb 19 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Are those seats off Pagey or did you make your own?

Had my own done mate, only went to get a bolster repair on the originals but one thing led to another

Don't know how true it is but heard pagey's got all eaten up my mice when he parked his up
thomson

4th Feb 19 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this! If you sell it I would come from Scotland for it!
Ian W

4th Feb 19 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thomson
Love this! If you sell it I would come from Scotland for it!

Sold my Corsa Sport in September, lad came from the Highlands to Liverpool for that

Don't see me selling this though
pagey

2nd Jan 20 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks nice Ian, you are right mice did a small hole in one of the seats but they went straight to retrimmers and have been re-finished this is the same as what I did, looks cool though well done &#128077;&#127995;
Ian W

6th Jan 20 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pagey
Car looks nice Ian, you are right mice did a small hole in one of the seats but they went straight to retrimmers and have been re-finished this is the same as what I did, looks cool though well done &#128077;&#127995;

Funny how stories get exaggerated, the lad made out like it was ruined
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

14th Jun 20 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those seats are gallus

Never realised the aftermarket sunroof until now, Dunno how many times I've looked at this car over the years
Ian W

15th Jun 20 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Those seats are gallus

Never realised the aftermarket sunroof until now, Dunno how many times I've looked at this car over the years

Yep, very period correct 90's mod I always thought if / when I get a full repaint I would get it removed but I'm used to it now and it's great to pop it open in the sun
Ian W

31st Jul 20 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought i'd give this a little update, mostly as I've had a problem with it recently and hoped this might help someone in the future trying to Google the answer.

My speedo cable cable snapped a few months ago, my own fault not being careful when I was removing the alternator, thought nothing of it and figured i'd just buy another cable, I was wrong

Genuine ones are NLS so I went for a pattern one, fitment was terrible and just generally not a good quality product so I bought another, more expensive pattern one, this one fitted a little better but anything over 30mph and the noise from the speedo was crazy

Then I managed to track down a genuine used cable from a Corsa, I thoughts my issues were done and dusted but after it arrived I realised the end that goes into the gearbox was broken so that was a no go

Oh and during all this time, without a speedo cable the car cuts out everytime the clutch is dipped so it was basically off the road, not a big deal in 2020 tbh but a pain in the arse.

So in the end I decided to take a punt on a genuine Nova speedo cable on ebay for a tenner, arrived in good condition and 20 minutes later it was all fitted and sorted so there is a tip for anyone who can't find a Corsa b speedo cable, buy a Nova one, it works

Along with that, the GSi has had a few bits done this year:

MTECH Short Shifter + new bushes so that is a lot nicer
Downpipe on the 421 modified so the join to the manifold now uses proper clamps to prevent leaks rather than a silly little M6 bolt.
New stainless exhaust system right from the downpipe back including a sports cat.
EGR removed and replaced with an original GM blank.
New brake bias spring to replace the one the snapped a couple of years ago.

All in all it is much better now, probably the best it has ever ran, the previous exhuast really did it no favours, the cat has always caused issues and the fit of the 421 downpipe was awful before, revs like a dream now.

Might even manage to get a few miles on it during the last couple of months of summer

Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

5th Aug 20 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had major speedo cable issues as well Ian, Eventually made a hybrid cable from a motor factor outer and a slightly longer inner cable from a scooter my old man had in the workshop.
For the first few runs it didnt kick in until I was on bypass doing 60-70 but over time it seems to have settled in and now works pretty consistently
Ian W

5th Aug 20 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
I had major speedo cable issues as well Ian, Eventually made a hybrid cable from a motor factor outer and a slightly longer inner cable from a scooter my old man had in the workshop.
For the first few runs it didnt kick in until I was on bypass doing 60-70 but over time it seems to have settled in and now works pretty consistently

Not just me struggled with this then

Some parts are certainly hard to get hold of now, both new and second hand.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
6th Aug 20 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a part number / link for the Nova cable?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Aug 20 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see it still going Ian. Beaut of a car.

Glad you got the speedo sorted. No spares could cause big issues for the remaining Corsa B as they won’t run with a broken Speedo.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian W

2nd Sep 20 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Nice to see it still going Ian. Beaut of a car.

Glad you got the speedo sorted. No spares could cause big issues for the remaining Corsa B as they won’t run with a broken Speedo.

Thanks bud

Parts are becoming harder to find which results in them becoming more expensive but it is still a nice cheap toy.

I've had it out and about a bit recently, done a few trips to work in it, looks so small parked in the car park next to all the modern stuff

gavin18787
Premium Member

14th Nov 20 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to see it has been out and about. Very rare sight on the roads now days.
Remember when my GSI cable snapped when I was away on holiday. Bloody pain in the arse nursing it home :\

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Daimo B

4th Jan 21 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really nice example Did you use any internals on the engine to strengthen it? Whats your limiter set at now? They revved so freely when setup right, thats also the problem
Ian W

5th Jan 21 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Really nice example Did you use any internals on the engine to strengthen it? Whats your limiter set at now? They revved so freely when setup right, thats also the problem

Cheers

Nothing done internally at the moment and the rev limiter is still standard. Hoping to go further with it as time goes on but no real rush. The chips / ECU mods that used to be available from various suppliers don't really exist anymore so stuff like that is getting harder to do. I'd love it to be a well sorted, throttle bodied engine one day

<<  25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 Corsa GSi 16v 24 database queries in 0.1142809 seconds