corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clio Replacement

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio Replacement
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th May 13 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work guys. Think the pads are a bitch to change in these clios, try the newer brembos. The pin seize and it's an absolute bitch if they haven't been done in a while.
BenC1985

27th May 13 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That cats funny. I laughed in Kyles impreza thread everytime it appeared. Lol Brakes look so much better all painted up too.
Simon_16v

18th Jun 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going on holiday in the early hours of tomorrow and somewhere in my owning my car it has become a tradition for me to have a clean car before I go on holiday
So the the car got a wash and hoover out this afternoon whilst the sun was shining and thought I'd go grab some photos

Clio 182 - Quick Clean by Simon_89, on Flickr

and a cheeky photo of the bullet...

Got some work to do on it when I get back, need's track rod ends and lower ball joints replacing as there's some knocking coming from the front end. Quite tempted to get some cooksport lowering springs for it seeing as suspension for cup packed 182's is a pain in the ass to find!

Also in dire need of a cup spoiler and some form of splitter!

Thanks for looking!
AndyCorsaSport

18th Jun 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=849&appid=2

They are what I put on mine. Says fit cup and non cup.

Also, needs cup spoiler
Simon_16v

18th Jun 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I'll ask Santa for those springs lol

Don't worry as soon as I get a cup spoiler you're spraying it
Simon_16v

7th Jul 13 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6th July 2013

Decided to debadge the rear ready for when I purchase a RS200 badge to replace the 'Clio' badge.

Luckily with it being a red hot weekend, the badge was already softened up and came off with little effort. The only thing I was really left with was 3 water marks left in the paint from where it hasn't been washed properly.

Polish applied by Simon_89, on Flickr

Luckily with some AutoGlym Super Resin Polish the water marks came off with little to no effort

No more badges by Simon_89, on Flickr

Only problem is you can see a feint line where the badges have been, so will get my friend Kyle to use his machine polisher to do a light cut on the paint to remove the marks.

Untitled by Simon_89, on Flickr

7th July 2013

Also bought myself a Skoda splitter which I had all intentions of fitting today until I realised at 4.30pm that I hadn't bought any self tapping screws so that was out of the question.

Skoda Splitter by Simon_89, on Flickr

I did however manage to get both track rod ends replaced. After seeing that brand new ones are incredibly stiff and you can't move them, and comparing them to what I took off there is no wonder that my steering felt vague at best.

Afterwards went out for a drive to Squires in Sherburn in Elmet for a glass of coke and icecream, make the most of what weekend was left.

Also have a Cup spoiler on it's way to me for Andy to spray

[Edited on 13-07-2013 by Simon_16v]
Jambo

8th Jul 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please stop posting updates, I need not to look at these as I miss mine dearly.

Thank you for your time.

xxx
Simon_16v

8th Jul 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disappointing write-up from Simon... again.

Goal on Sunday was to replace his track-rod ends which had lots of play and were knocking.

Should be an easy job if nothing is seized up:

The nut holding the TRE onto the hub assembly loosened off fairly easily, but about halfway up the thread the bolt just started to spin in the joint. We tried molegripping it, but ended up using the Subaru toolkit:

Cut through half of the bolt then smacked it with a hammer, result!

Another magic solution honed on the Impreza then came into play to remove the TRE from the rod, after marking it's position roughly:

All off, time for a breather:

Old vs New:

Went back on with nae drama:

Other side should have been a rinse/repeat - but this time we couldn't slacken the nut off at all, meaning there was no room to sneak a dremel in underneath. I went to plan B which I used to dismantle my old shocks from the Impreza, which was to grind a slot in the bolt and then use a large flathead to hold it still whilst spannering the bolt off:

This allowed us to get about a centimetre clearance before it jammed up - then we dremelled the bolt off as before.

We didn't mark this track rod, we counted the turns instead. I don't think we did it very well, but seeing Simon driving home on full lock was pretty funny.

Tracking next I guess laddo?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AlexW

9th Jul 13 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it solved the knocking? 9 times out of 10 its the inner rod, which I thought you were going to do tbh.

Cars always getting better though, keep it up.
Simon_16v

9th Jul 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the knocking has gone now. The old track rods were way past their best.

Next plans are changing the steering wheel, not sure which route to go down but I'm going to look into it
Simon_16v

13th Jul 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided today I'd go round to Kyles house and we'd tackle the front splitter I'd bought a couple of weeks ago.

Started off removing the front bumper, 2 x 10mm bolts and 6 torx fittings and a sharp pull either side of the bumper by the wing and it looked like this

Disconnected the headlight washers and fog lights and you end up with one bumper-less Clio

I knew before that one of the previous owners had hit something as part of the front bumper cover was damaged, but my god it must have been something of a decent size to mangle the AC condenser

It's worth noting at this point we did remove the headlight for Kyle to attempt to remove some of the UV damage that is common on these headlights

Unfortunately his pad wasn't aggressive enough but it has made some improvement but I didn't get any photos as my phone felt like it was reaching 50oC

The splitter is held on with self tapping screws and seems to have enough strength in it to resist bumps

Photo of the splitter fitted to the car. Not bad for less than £20, compared to a £160 Renault item!

Haimsey
Premium Member

13th Jul 13 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking very smart.
My brother bought a pad set for doing his lights (highly talked about and recommended on cliosport iirc) worked with fantastic results! Just testing how long it lasts now.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ben G

13th Jul 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should've fitted silver indicator bulbs while you were there.

Cars looking nice, the splliter completes the front end. It looked unfinished before.
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jul 13 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Should've fitted silver indicator bulbs while you were there.

Been telling him this for months. To be fair though, at least his indicators are colour coded with the rest of the car

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyCorsaSport

14th Jul 13 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was quite confused when you text about bumper. Wondered what you were doing.
Simon_16v

14th Jul 13 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll get some indicators sorted in August, they are easy enough to change with the lights in.

Awaiting on my cup spoiler to be delivered early next week and then Andy can have it to make it ginger
Simon_16v

18th Jul 13 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After nearly 2 weeks of waiting my cup spoiler finally arrived, got it for a lot less than they normally go for but it does need spraying as it's the wrong shade of orange

This is a decent comparison of how the spoiler looks compared to the standard spoiler

Ben G

18th Jul 13 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much better.

Different shade of orange
AndyCorsaSport

18th Jul 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be more of a different shade once it's pink
SXIBrad

18th Jul 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Different shade of orange! that made me piss!
Simon_16v

27th Jul 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway the spoiler and bullets are currently with AndyCorsaSport at the bodyshop he works at being prepared and sprayed tomorrow morning. Looking quite forward to getting the cup spoiler on, at least it'll look like a proper Clio then.

The doors currently look awesome without any bullets on them

Simon_16v

27th Jul 13 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to meet Andy at his work this morning, his 'small' body shop location turned out to be bloody huge

He showed me his Corsa C that he bought as a write-off and is repairing and to be honest you wouldn't know it had been in an accident.

He went to show me the spoiler and badges but had some bad news that the paint on the spoiler had reacted slightly and agreed to doing it again which is awesome of him .

The badges look awesome and I spent no time at all fitting them! I'll let the photo's do the speaking, considering the paint is pearlescent the paint match is brilliant too

Colour Coded Goodness by Simon_89, on Flickr

Colour Coded Goodness by Simon_89, on Flickr
BeetleGav

27th Jul 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen one of these today was proper drueling over it!

Sides will look loads cleaner now, shame about the spoiler but itl be worth the wait I'm sure
Simon_16v

27th Jul 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Andy is doing it for a great price so I can't complain. Certain;y going to him if I need any other bits spraying.

It does look a lot cleaner, it also has tidied them up too as the badges have a metal coating over them and unless looked after they tarnish. As you can see they didn't look brilliant up close.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clio Replacement 24 database queries in 0.1182530 seconds