corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clio Replacement

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio Replacement
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
11th Sep 14 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well like you say, once they have some heat in them they grip very well.

Took a mate out for a spin last night and the roundabout by Thorpe it could do 50 around it without letting go!
Simon_16v

15th Oct 14 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removable harness
by Simon_89, on Flickr

Trying out a removable 4 point harness off a friend, looking forward to trying it out at Blyton in the next couple of weeks.
flybikeslee

15th Oct 14 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head choppers
Butler

15th Oct 14 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How have you found the ARB?
Simon_16v

15th Oct 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes the car incredibly flat around corners, the only thing is the car is slightly less predictable on when it will let go though.

Off to Blyton on the 26th, this will be where I will notice the main difference.
Simon_16v

25th Oct 14 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stripped for Blyton Park
by Simon_89, on Flickr
Toby
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you bringing some stuff. Only thing I needed was coolant and failed to get that today.
Simon_16v

1st Nov 14 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did Blyton last week and to my pleasure my cheap alloy wheels didn't explode like some thought they would, first thing was to try and find a starting point for the tyre pressures. I'd read on here that you had to run them at quite a high pressure otherwise the sidewall could end up with excessive wear and fall to bits. Initially I had it at mid to high 30s and the car just wasn't happy and just seemed to bounce about everywhere.

After speaking to a friend with a 106, he recommended I try around 26psi cold in the tyres and take it from there with running a couple of PSI less in the rear tyres too. Needless to say I gave it a shot, first few laps were a bit wobbly but once the heat got into the tyres the difference was amazing. By the end of they day my tyres looked something like this

Federal RSR
by Simon_89, on Flickr

It was a great day and met a few people too off the forum.

Gave the car a much needed wash after last weekend, the wheels were filthy from brake dust and I even found a few bit of rubber stuck to the inside of the alloys too!

Dirty Alloys
by Simon_89, on Flickr

Whilst I had the alloys off for cleaning I was checking the tread to make sure there wasn't any damage and found a stone embedded into the tyre, I removed it and it had lodged itself in quite deep. There's also still signs of the tyre melting, I thought this would of warn away by now or when it was all coming off down the M180 and hitting my back bumper!

Stone in tyre
by Simon_89, on Flickr

Grainy Tyre
by Simon_89, on Flickr

Melted Tyre
by Simon_89, on Flickr

and finally one of the car cleaned, not bad for a daily track car that turned over 109k on track last week!

Clean Car
by Simon_89, on Flickr
Simon_16v

1st Nov 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photo from Javelin site
Ben G

1st Nov 14 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

109k! Looks fantastic for that mileage mate.

Those wheels also suit it. I'd cover up the centre caps with Renault badge vinyl's if possible. They look OEM, just the caps let them down.
Simon_16v

3rd Nov 14 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
109k! Looks fantastic for that mileage mate.

Those wheels also suit it. I'd cover up the centre caps with Renault badge vinyl's if possible. They look OEM, just the caps let them down.

Cheers Ben.

I know what you mean about the wheels, hopefully I will be getting a couple of tyres put on the 16s and they will be taken off ready for the next track day. I will keep an eye out for some centre caps....wonder if Kyles spare STI ones will fit
Simon_16v

15th Nov 14 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V6 Airbox
by Simon_89, on Flickr
Simon_16v

1st Mar 15 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this weekend turned out to be quite an expensive one, an expense I shouldn't need to spend again any time soon hopefully. There was a rolling road day on at RS Tuning, thought I'd pop down and have a gander at what cars were down there. Earlier in the week I had emailed Tony Banks about a custom exhaust as I had tended to a broken handbrake cable the week prior and noticed it in a sorry state....

Cracked Exhaust
by Simon_89, on Flickr

Cracked Exhaust
by Simon_89, on Flickr

So I popped down to Tony Banks on Saturday and had a look at the tail pipe options they did; took a liking to a 2.5" outward rolled tail pipe. Turns out they had a free space in the morning and it turned into a 'take my money' moment

So this is the outcome, I asked for the trim to stick proud of the bumper and I'd say they've done a great job....

2.5" Outward Rolled Exhaust
by Simon_89, on Flickr

They even ditched the rubbish Renault exhaust mounts in favour of their own custom ones which utilise standard exhaust rubbers which can be replaced.

Overall really happy with the look
random dav
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

outward rolled is the best for round tips

WRLFC !

Project cars
kedowan

4th Mar 15 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those tips look amazing!
--ToM--

4th Mar 15 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kedowan
Those tips look amazing!
Toby
Premium Member

5th Mar 15 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate. Still can't 've tempted to book Oulton?
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Mar 15 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't let him book, I may be renting this Clio off of him for the day if they don't get a move on with mine

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
djgritt
Premium Member

5th Mar 15 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pipes.
Jambo

5th Mar 15 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon_16v

6th Mar 15 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys, really pleased with how it looks. Although it's a little quieter than I wanted it to be, I've been told it will increase slightly with use over the next couple of weeks.

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Looking good mate. Still can't 've tempted to book Oulton?

I'm properly skint this month now, plus Kyle may be putting some STI stickers on it for Oulton...

Toby
Premium Member

6th Mar 15 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol well if that's the case, pay the £25 additional driver fee and get on track! Getting mine back tomorrow. Mapping on Tuesday final bit of tinkering and I'm ready!
Simon_16v

23rd Feb 16 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a great amount has happened since last year.

Just passed it's MOT where it got 1 advisory on a slightly corroded brake pipe which I'll monitor but other than that it has only required an injector it the upkeep. The car currently has 124,000 miles and runs really well.

I've just had to order some new tyres as the RSRs were bald on the front and I had to quickly borrow some spare wheels for the MOT.

I've gone for Nankang NS2R's this time around, would like to get a good comparison for the Federals. I would of liked some R888 but can't warrant £350 every 6 months with my current mileage.
AlexW

23rd Feb 16 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be good to see what you think of the NS2R's. I run them myself and love them (although not fixed my car since Blyton so forgotten what they're like!), I think they'll be better on track/dry roads than the RSR's personally.
Simon_16v

23rd Feb 16 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which compound have you got Alex?

<<  7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clio Replacement 24 database queries in 0.1930001 seconds