corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.3 CDTI or 1.4 twinport SXI/SRI? Which is best? Problems to know about?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 1.3 CDTI or 1.4 twinport SXI/SRI? Which is best? Problems to know about?
deano87

User status: Offline
14th Apr 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd need to do moon miles at the weekend to warrant a derv on 6 mile one way commute. Wish mine was and it isn't even that far (16miles!)
Hammer

14th Apr 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why assume the choice circles entirely around cost? For me a modern diesel is by far the better option over its petrol equivalent due to the way they drive. Much better for every day driving.
Stokie Dave

15th Apr 13 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done about 18k this year and most of that is town driving. Not all that pleasant in a car doing 25mpg driving like miss daisy really... The work commute isn't that far but like I say I often go out at night/weekends driving.

Fair comment by Hammer too, my missus has a limited edition Corsa D, she's not really a car nut but she test drove the 1.2 first and thought it was gutless... was really put off the car until the dealer said well take the diesel out, and that was it - she was sold. She's not a speed demon but the much better midrange made a big difference.

So there's a lot to be said about having a bit of torque and the illusion of powah

[Edited on 15-04-2013 by Stokie Dave]
JordyCarter

15th Apr 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have the 1.4 twinport. Its a nice engine not very nippy 10 quid seems to last a fair bit and i drive a fair bit everyday too.
Whittie

15th Apr 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stokie Dave
I'd definitely want a facelift car so the chain driven 1.4's are on 53 plate onwards, nicer seat trim etc, nicer bumpers and lights. Makes sense really to me.

Just know nowt about them, don't want something prone for headgaskets and so on.

What are you 1.4 twinport owners getting mpg wise round town going steady?

In my Civic I muster about 27/28 going real steady, which aint much fun. A lot less when I hoof it lol.

Used to have an "Exclusiv" (1.4 twinport) was decent, not bad on fuel. 400-450 miles to a tank. Probably about 35-45mpg on average. Only issue I had was it was a little too slow, when stuck behind a tractor on an A road, you'd feel scared to overtake
Stokie Dave

15th Apr 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah it'd feel weird going to one of the slowest cars I've ever owned from probably the fastest... but all in the name of saving a few quid for a year if I could live with it then get back in something turbo'd, Focus ST perhaps

Got free time on thurs so myself and mechanic mate are gonna see what the state of the cars at traders are like for 2000-2500 quid
mattant

15th Apr 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.4 Exclusiv does 350 miles from full to orange light, which is 39mpg, my 1.2 B did 43mpg
Stokie Dave

15th Apr 13 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

39mpg aint bad at all... I could live with that lol, I'm used to going steady really, and fixing stuff is gonna be cheap on the 1.4 if they dont have any major problems
deano87

15th Apr 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hear the drive ability thing and I guess getting a 1.2 or 1.3 is a sacrifice of cost saving, so you may as well enjoy what difference the driving is.

I drove a Berlingo today with 9 miles on the clock. 1.6 HDi 90ps. Fucking loved it compared to my 9 year old Fiesta
dannymccann

16th Apr 13 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go with whichever you can find in the best condition with the best service history / longest ownership (people will generally get shot of a bad egg, not keep repairing it for 6 years on the go), there wont be that much difference between them.

FYI I have an older 2.0DTi Astra which only does 14 miles a day on the commute (round trip), it hasnt suffered any ill consequences from this in the 5 years we've owned it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.3 CDTI or 1.4 twinport SXI/SRI? Which is best? Problems to know about? 22 database queries in 0.0158970 seconds