corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking about buying a C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking about buying a C
Ingram11

User status: Offline
30th Mar 13 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have spotted a nice corsa 1.4 sri twinport (04) that I'm considering buying for a run around. 75000 miles on the clock.looks a real clean car. Not sure about the twinport as I've heard bad things and know nothing about them. Are all corsa c sri's twinport?? Cheers
mattant

30th Mar 13 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's a facelift then it should be
Ingram11

30th Mar 13 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be a twin port?
vx-scottw
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not all facelift ones are twinports mine is a twinport 1.2 not much of a problem just comon things like oil sensor and ove corsa c little problems
Ingram11

30th Mar 13 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I see. So no problems with the twinport as such? As I have heard they snap cams.
vx-scottw
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never heard of that before but if look after it well and service regular shouldnt be a problem
davegreen
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 06:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vx-scottw
i have never heard of that before but if look after it well and service regular shouldnt be a problem

twinport is realy just a badge, a few tweaks to the inlets, differant mapping, but the bare engines are the same, so as said good servicing, cam belt change if it has one as some are chains and they are as good as any other. water leaks on the bulk head, drop links and cv boot clips breaking are the most common faults ive come across. all simple cheep fixes.
Ingram11

31st Mar 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys.i reckon it's worth a look then
mattant

31st Mar 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 Twinports have cheaper tax too
LeeM

31st Mar 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be a chain, they can be loud. Make sure you hear it started up from being stone cold.
Ingram11

31st Mar 13 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car was an absolute nail in real life. Rippled doors. Guy made sure it was warm before I got there. (Crafty) Door handles sticking. Loud engine. And the old egg yolk on the filler cap. Total waste of a journey lol oh well the search continues......

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking about buying a C 23 database queries in 0.0120020 seconds