corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa b arden blue x20xev build

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my corsa b arden blue x20xev build
vauxhallMADlee

User status: Offline
16th May 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
its coming along good!
when you fit the phenolic gasket be sure to match it to your port sizes as they can be restrictive.
going to be a very clean car when its done. will it be ready for PVS 2013?

[Edited on 16-05-2013 by davegreen]

Cheers dave you have been a great help! And yh I put the gasket on to check that and it does need some trimming to match ports, how abouts did you trim yours as I'm a bit worryed ill wreck mine lol it looks wood? Lol
And I aint no carpenter!
vauxhallMADlee

16th May 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And whens pvs? Not sure it will be ready got to be a bit tight with money for a few months as got a baby on the way so buying all the overpriced crap that you have to get at the minute lol
davegreen
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS is june 9th.
trimed mine with modelling knivies for the paper parts and a rotory file on the rest clamped to each port, manifold and head.
vauxhallMADlee

2nd Jul 13 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a few more bits sorted recently so few more pics to put up,

got me a vectra loom but didnt like how it went in a basically a full circle and loops round back to itself very untidy! so stripped loom down and re arranged so loom can only run in one straight line and finishes at the injection rail casing

taking shape, also stripped back all sensors that are not used in conversion like egr/inlet flap motor/ vaccuum valve etc stripped wires back to ecu plug but leaving plugged in so fault free of any codes

air flow loom/crank,cam,idle valve,intake temp now run out here out the way

the finished loom! bought some conduit to tidy up

very proud of my home made blank off haha! bottl cap cut grooves in to locate and painted lol

sensors that arnt needed are now with ecu plug to be tucked away inside car

also re arranged start charge loom as my battery is in boot so my main live earth leads have to be run elsewere through t he bulkhead. also run a signal wire for oil pressure sender

vauxhallMADlee

2nd Jul 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a few more bits sorted recently so few more pics to put up,

got me a vectra loom but didnt like how it went in a basically a full circle and loops round back to itself very untidy! so stripped loom down and re arranged so loom can only run in one straight line and finishes at the injection rail casing

taking shape, also stripped back all sensors that are not used in conversion like egr/inlet flap motor/ vaccuum valve etc stripped wires back to ecu plug but leaving plugged in so fault free of any codes

air flow loom/crank,cam,idle valve,intake temp now run out here out the way

the finished loom! bought some conduit to tidy up

very proud of my home made blank off haha! bottl cap cut grooves in to locate and painted lol

sensors that arnt needed are now with ecu plug to be tucked away inside car

also re arranged start charge loom as my battery is in boot so my main live earth leads have to be run elsewere through t he bulkhead. also run a signal wire for oil pressure sender

vauxhallMADlee

2nd Jul 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new alternator reg
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q736/Lee_Southall/IMG_00000131_zps1087f9d1.jpg[/IMG]

blanked off water outlet to throttle body

redtop sump plate with new rubber gasket

modded alternator bracket

redtop stainless water bar

redtop sump fitted

stainless pick up pipe

got conversion kit powder coated

how it stands at the moment

vauxhallMADlee

2nd Jul 13 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got all front suspension and rest of mounts coming back saturday from powder coating, just got to fit flywheel get gearbox then its going in! be glad to see it sitting in the car lol
ArdenblueDan

4th Jul 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine is a piece of artwork mate its beautiful
davegreen
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 06:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very tidy! top work
Bprice91

5th Jul 13 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great mate almost be a shame to put it in
LukesCorsaSXi

5th Jul 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is absolutely beautiful! Done a proper good job on that mate!
Dr.Corsa

5th Jul 13 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi!

Absolutly amazing engine! I like your colours very much!

Make it so!
Micha
vauxhallMADlee

7th Jul 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers people really appreciate the nice comments it's been a. Very slow build lol my own fault really I got side tracked and lost motivation, but been cracking on recently and can't wait to see it in the bay
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your alternator top mount, I found that one from a 2.0L 8v fitted and it has a long slot for adjustment. does need a separate earth strap from alternator to engine block as it has rubber mounts top and bottom on mine.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 05:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a great job on the engine. Love the colours.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
vauxhallMADlee

8th Jul 13 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
your alternator top mount, I found that one from a 2.0L 8v fitted and it has a long slot for adjustment. does need a separate earth strap from alternator to engine block as it has rubber mounts top and bottom on mine.

Dunno why i didn't think of that before when I used to run 8v on my other x20xev corsa /: might change it in the future as this seems to work well aswell to be honest
vauxhallMADlee

6th Aug 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another update!

been playing about with gearbox linkages as i didnt want to just do them black, cleaned some of them up and got them as shiny as i could then laquered them to keep the shine and they turned out ok tbf

got all suspension back from powder coating

just need to powerflex bottom arms

bought a 4-2-1 but it didnt fit correctly round the sump it touched, not sure why, might be because of the redtop sump

had a custom 4-2-1 made now and well happy with it and the fit

engines now ready to go in so happy days, now just need to find some time to do it lol, was going to be this saturday but im now overloaded with jobs to be done and other urgent things need doing
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is going to be one clean corsa when its finished.
MELV14

7th Aug 13 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking work there, good to see people using the XEV.

Mine is a C18XE so although not an XEV its still a great engine :

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/394435-corsa-merit-c18xe.html
vauxhallMADlee

8th Aug 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this is going to be one clean corsa when its finished.

Hopefully lol just gotta get it in without scratching /: quicky for you dave the 4 branch hasn't had the last main outlet welded on yet as I'm not decided what size to go for, Iv been speaking to the guy who made it and he said I'm boarder line to go for a 2 1/2 inch out or 2 1/4???

I'm more for the 2 1/4 as I'm more for mid range power rather than top end, I don't think I'll be producing that much power to need a 2 1/2?
What you think mate?
vauxhallMADlee

8th Aug 13 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MELV14
Cracking work there, good to see people using the XEV.

Mine is a C18XE so although not an XEV its still a great engine :

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/394435-corsa-merit-c18xe.html

Cheers mate
And yh I love the xev's lol. And just looked through yours mate and I like what you have done with it, even the merc wheel trims looks pritty smart tbf. I work at merc an never thought of it lol could prob get me self a second hand set tbf lol
davegreen
Premium Member

9th Aug 13 at 06:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im using 2 1/4" to cat then 2" after that. no centre silencer. works well for me but im only getting 226bhp and 172lbft from my xev.
vauxhallMADlee

9th Aug 13 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im using 2 1/4" to cat then 2" after that. no centre silencer. works well for me but im only getting 226bhp and 172lbft from my xev.

Ooh, I'm guna go for 2 1/4 then lol but I fink I'm guna have a middle box in but have 2 1/4 all the way through, and haha ONLY 226bhp you say I wish for that power lol. Although I will be running shot nos! . So least I'll have good power for about 5 runs lol
corsajay88

9th Aug 13 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been reading this, top quality work. will be hard getting the engine in without scratching it but hopefully it will be out of sight if you do. im currently doing an xev conversion in my corsa. hope to see this finished soon.
vauxhallMADlee

9th Aug 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
been reading this, top quality work. will be hard getting the engine in without scratching it but hopefully it will be out of sight if you do. im currently doing an xev conversion in my corsa. hope to see this finished soon.

Cheers pal and I can't scratch it the bays been re painted if I scratch ill cry lol if I scratch it has to be repaired no doubt about it, it would sit in back of my mind all time otherwise
I got a couple of ideas how to get it in anyway should be to bad iv got nice level ground and a crane so can't be to bad, just finished me mates xev corsa a few weeks back and that wasn't to bad but it was a bit of a bugger to line up as it was on a slight lob sided on a hill like.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa b arden blue x20xev build 24 database queries in 0.1840260 seconds