corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE + F20 drviveshaft ordering issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE + F20 drviveshaft ordering issues
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
8th Mar 13 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a F20 gearbox and as far as i know the donor corsa has the satndard hubs. I am trying to order all new CVs but autovaux cant identify the ones i need. The shafts have 25 splines on them. The inner (gearbox end) CV couplings have 34 teeth and the outers (hub end) have 33 teeth. I think thats the correct way around ill double check tommorrow. I have tryed to order said CVs with autovaux but he got back to me and said that he couldnt acurately say which CVs i needed and so shouldnt do the order until i know. So my questions are:
Are 25 spline shafts standard corsa ones or big block ones?
Is 33 splines correct for a standard corsa b hub (1.4 Sport)?
What car would the F20 origionally have been out of?

The answers to these questions will hopefully provide me with the last big bits i need to complete my build

Any help will be massively appreciated wether its the answer to one of the above or just other relavent info

Photos of the shafts and CVs:

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Mar 13 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a standard hub you will need 1.6 GSI shafts with standard CV's and Cav MK2 1.6 Inner Cv's

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
*CorsaCal*

8th Mar 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i need to pich the hubs off the donor before it gets scrapped?

Are my 25 spline shafts 1.6 GSI ones?

[Edited on 08-03-2013 by *CorsaCal*]
Darryl H
Premium Member

8th Mar 13 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest I skim read it

Standard corsa hubs with GSI shafts will be fine for an XE, so if you grab the other hubs before it's scrapped you'll be able to use them and work out later on what hubs you actually have

I thought all corsa hubs were the same though so you may already have big block hubs

*CorsaCal*

8th Mar 13 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes another worry of mine is that the donor has big block hubs which ill need to nick before its scrapped. I was hoping somebody had these issues before and so would know. I thought GSI shafts had 22 splines and mine have 25 so are my hubs not the same as in my sport?
bigron1988

8th Mar 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to flaffy as i know he ahad ball ache ordering his cv's and now knows what ones they are,

also astra mk2 gte came with a f20 box
Darryl H
Premium Member

8th Mar 13 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really can't remember sorry mate. Do some digging around old threads and you might find something otherwise hopefully someone else will be able to help

*CorsaCal*

9th Mar 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers ben ill drop him a u2u and see if he can remember. Thanks anyway darryl.

New Poll