corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vans - Opinions/Experience

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vans - Opinions/Experience
mwg

User status: Offline
8th Feb 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more photos of your van SAS?
mattk

8th Feb 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a cheap transit and Id say avoid it, fuel pumps are shit and can cost £750+ for a recon one fitted, when the clutch and flywheel starts to wear the dust clogs the starter, so thats all 3 you have to replace, they rust like fuck, the rear breaks are weak, the gear cables dont last. and then of course there is the rust. thats what eventualy killed mine off. the MK6 is just generaly shite.

Ive now got a 2003 MK2 Citroen relay and its a cracker. its wider longer and taller than a SWB transit, its absolutly fantastic on fuel. really comfy, done 35k in it this year and had no problems. parts are abundant being that they are the same as the peugeot and fiat versions. best bit is, NO RUST

they are very easy to break in though, so put some pad locks on it

Norcy91

8th Feb 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Any more photos of your van SAS?

I'm sure I saw it for sale on here not that long ago, may be in the classifieds section still!

Edit: Found it! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251217141475?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

[Edited on 08-02-2013 by Norcy91]
SAS-1991

8th Feb 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeye it's for sale unfortunately!! Someone cummin tomorrow, and I saw you outside grouse in Silsden tonight jimmy! Lol buy mine! best of both worlds! You can get 2 trials bikes in, or 1 crosser?

More picks as someone asked:

[Edited on 08-02-2013 by SAS-1991]
deano87

8th Feb 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Transit.

Make sure you get T330 minimum, as this can take a bit more weight. Often rear wheel drive.

Your budget you might not get TDCi, will probably be TDDi instead. Still turbo, just not as punchy.
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 02:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SAS can you really get a crosser is that? Any pics at all?

Jimmy I would get a vivaro/traffic kind of van. Used to use works vivaro all the time for my bike. Loades of room and not bad on fuel and nice enough to drive everyday.
Eddx14xe

9th Feb 13 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My boss and his dad have vivaros and they have nothing but problems with them. Also in both of them, the passenger seat belts dont work properly, might be a common problem?
Eddx14xe

9th Feb 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are nice to be in though, for a van anyway.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe no one has suggested a Fiat Ducato.

My old man has a Y reg, long wheelbase high roof.

He had it kitted out for going up and down the country to buy bikes for his business at the time and for going to track days.

Think in his van we had 4 bikes in it at one point on a run down south after a good old ebay session.

Only thing i ever remember doing to it was a couple of brake pipes front to rear but they were piss easy, didnt even have to jack it up to get to them.

Prior to that he had another Ducato, a G reg petrol which ran to the 300k mark (It was his works van originally, then when he started out himself he bought it off them)
SAS-1991

9th Feb 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye you can? Just drop front wheel out, seen it a few times, ill try find a pic!
taylorboosh

9th Feb 13 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont see the issues with vivaros? Did 15k in one and its nicer to drive and faster than my tranny was.. Its not rust at all and is a 56 plate, dont think ive ever washed it and i kick its head in all day.

Had a traffic on a 62 plate that was faster and nicer to drive than my car.
AndyCorsaSport

9th Feb 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Faster than your 1.2 corsa wouldn't be hard would it.

Vivaros/traffics like to break gearboxes. Flywheel clutch etc. dad had one with 54k and clutch slave cylinder was leaking, which is inside the box, £800 bill. Had a transit before on 80k that fuel pump went, as said not a common thing.

I'd go transit.
taylorboosh

9th Feb 13 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firba van its pretty damn good
Eddx14xe

9th Feb 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport

Vivaros/traffics like to break gearboxes. Flywheel clutch etc. dad had one with 54k and clutch slave cylinder was leaking, which is inside the box, £800 bill. Had a transit before on 80k that fuel pump went, as said not a common thing.

I'd go transit.

Same as my bosses dads, his clutch salve cylinder is leaking and he can't select any gears in the morning. He's been told its going to be £700-800 to fix.
Dave

9th Feb 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My workmate had a Trafic, it had a new gearbox just before he bought it but that failed not long after. He knows the lad he sold it to and the turbo has just let go too. Nice vans, good to drive but a bit iffy mechanically.
AndyCorsaSport

9th Feb 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport

I'd go transit.

Same as my bosses dads, his clutch salve cylinder is leaking and he can't select any gears in the morning. He's been told its going to be £700-800 to fix.

Yup. My dads just couldn't get first gear mainly. Then gradually got worse. He didnt need a van anyway so sold it on with the fault, and still made £500 over what I got him it for
jimmy 2.1

9th Feb 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SAS-1991
Yeye it's for sale unfortunately!! Someone cummin tomorrow, and I saw you outside grouse in Silsden tonight jimmy! Lol buy mine! best of both worlds! You can get 2 trials bikes in, or 1 crosser?

Yeah that was me, visiting relatives. As nice as your van is, it won't fit my track bike in. Plus its slightly out of my price range!

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Cant believe no one has suggested a Fiat Ducato.

My old man has a Y reg, long wheelbase high roof.

He had it kitted out for going up and down the country to buy bikes for his business at the time and for going to track days.

Think in his van we had 4 bikes in it at one point on a run down south after a good old ebay session.

Only thing i ever remember doing to it was a couple of brake pipes front to rear but they were piss easy, didnt even have to jack it up to get to them.

Prior to that he had another Ducato, a G reg petrol which ran to the 300k mark (It was his works van originally, then when he started out himself he bought it off them)

Heard good things about the Ducato and the Citroen Relay. I'll add them to my list

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vans - Opinions/Experience 22 database queries in 0.0122421 seconds