corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)
BenC1985

User status: Offline
14th Jan 13 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never made a project thread for it. Lol been on here for ages and owned it 18months so dont know why i never made one. Lol. I had all my pics saved on photobucket but never got round to making one. Cheers for qll the positive feedback. Cab slabs are only on in the winter months to save the Twists. Especially with it snowing,dont want to slide out and bend one of the twists as i wont be able to replace them. The twists will be refurbed as soon as ive got a job, as i dont want to spend my redundancy getting them refurbed. I sound tight dont i? Lol And also i dont really want to do any more mods to the car as i love it as it is. I just want to tidy it up to near new condition and keep it that way and enjoy using it.
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knew I'd seen it in a thread before...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=639289&page=1

Still stand by my comment in there, debadged boot and job done.

MX5 Project Thread
kylesri

15th Jan 13 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely car mate as said would debadge boot and maybe a set of smoked or white side repeaters

[Edited on 15-01-2013 by kylesri]
M Sutton

15th Jan 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very tidy motor and I really like the wheels!
BenC1985

15th Jan 13 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny you should say about some smoked side repeaters.lol ive actually bought 3 different sets and every time ive tried fitting them the bloody clips have snapped off them. So i gave up. I WILL find a decent set that will fit without snapping. And im seriously in two minds wether or not to debage it.

[Edited on 15-01-2013 by BenC1985]
Paul W
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely clean example dude. Can't believe I've never seen this about.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
BenC1985

17th Jan 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right just a small update. I have fitted a tigra scuttle panel that im sorta happy with.lol it looks like someone has tried to back to black it very badly so its patchy. Secondly ive fitted new arms and bosch wipers i bought off someone on here. No caps to cover bolts and the wipers are different lengths??? I always thought corsa had the same length wipers. My old ones were anyway and these new ones i cant seem to get to sit right. Now for pics

Before

After

As you can see no caps(well i tried to fit an old one). And the wipers dont really sit right??? I can see its gonna bug me, anyone else have this problem???
BenC1985

17th Jan 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone had this problem above??? I really dont want to be buying new wipers as that was the idea of buying this lot.lol
Christopher

17th Jan 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fine to me? Why dont you think they sit right?
BenC1985

17th Jan 13 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The right hand wiper blade sits against the left wiper blade. Just my old wipers didnt sit like that as you can see in the before pics. Prob just me being funny but as i have said the new wipers are different lengths which shouldnt be. Might try my old wipers for now and see if i can get them to sit better
silvercorsabee

21st Jan 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try swapping the wipers over mate..never sat like that on mine.. :/
BenC1985

22nd Jan 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by silvercorsabee
try swapping the wipers over mate..never sat like that on mine.. :/

So where are the wiper arm caps??? I cant get anymore unless i buy complete arms which makes it pointless me buying these ones off you!!! And the two wipers are different lengths. Ones 18" and the others a 20" which is causing the problems. They should both be the same length at 18". Its ok though as its gonna cost me another £10 for another 18" blade to match. Might as well have just got the wiper arms and blades myslef off ebay.

[Edited on 22-01-2013 by BenC1985]
Christopher

22nd Jan 13 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer both 18's is what i have bud so that will have been your problem! Just get another 2 flat blades off ebay for £7 posted instead of paying £10 for one?
BenC1985

22nd Jan 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im getting a bosch one to match from a local and rip off motor factors to save waiting for postage. Lol i actually got the last pair off ebay cheap and they was crap. The little covers that go over where the blade attaches fell off when i washed it and snapped.

[Edited on 22-01-2013 by BenC1985]
BenC1985

4th Feb 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really an update, just ive sorted the problems with the wipers. The new arms i bought seemed to be different lengths and i put them on the wrong sides.lol I was under the impression that because the wipers were the same length the arms would be too. Haha lesson learnt. Also is anyone interested in buying my MHW's??? Im going back to the standard rears and selling the slabs off it to pay for my twist reps to be fully refurbed. Id rather have my twists all fresh and back on instead of having the smoked mhws. May have a plan for the standard rear lights to make them a bit different.
BenC1985

4th Feb 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of mhws that are for sale.
BeetleGav

4th Feb 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy my German rears
BenC1985

4th Feb 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im jobless but id rather have my twists refurbed instead of these on my car which is the only reason im selling them. Gonna try something different with my standard rear lights anyway.
BenC1985

5th Feb 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got bored today and washed and waxed the car. Some normal shots and some beading shots after it started raining hours after doing it.lol

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

5th Feb 13 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean!! looks great still Ben, will the twists be staying silver or changing colour?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
BenC1985

6th Feb 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im gonna get them sprayed slightly darker than they are now but nowhere near anthracite as they will be too dark.lol im still looking for an exact colour to tell the person whos doing them. Lol
BenC1985

7th Feb 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update. I was advised to get some paint and tint my side repeaters instead of buying cheap crap side repeaters off ebay. So i tried it out. Heres some before pics

Heres the paint i used to do them

Heres after only one coat,but they still loooked too orange

And heres them finished after about 4 coats in total

They still flash fine both day and night so im happy as it only cost me £3 to do it instead of £10 for cheap crap off ebay that would have broken
M Sutton

7th Feb 13 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive seen your car about in Rushden a few times but didnt realise you were on here! looks very tidy
BenC1985

7th Feb 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
Ive seen your car about in Rushden a few times but didnt realise you were on here! looks very tidy

Cheers mate. It should be tidy with the mileage.lol i do try to look after it.lol
ollie4545

7th Feb 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are you looking for for the MHW's mate?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!) 24 database queries in 0.2014940 seconds