corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lease Corsa VXR - Lings Cars

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lease Corsa VXR - Lings Cars
mwg

User status: Offline
14th Jan 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing to bear in mind is that when you're deal is up you've got to sort another car out on finance again or stump up the cash to buy it outright or cash to buy something else outright. So make sure you save money for what ever you intend to do between now and then. If you are running a house you might not have any money to save for a car. Or you might be loaded in which case it's not a problem.
Munchie

14th Jan 13 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

richc

14th Jan 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
The only thing to bear in mind is that when you're deal is up you've got to sort another car out on finance again or stump up the cash to buy it outright or cash to buy something else outright. So make sure you save money for what ever you intend to do between now and then. If you are running a house you might not have any money to save for a car. Or you might be loaded in which case it's not a problem.

This is my only concern.
NovaGTE2

14th Jan 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The alternative I can find is with Evans Halshaw; which is a purchase option over 5 years and is £248.50 a month; but obviously you have to pay your own tax ontop; so £200 p/year

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/brands/vauxhall/vauxhall_sports_offers/corsa_16i_vxr/low_rate_finance/?offerid=8446

Still thinking the lease is an attractive option at the moment.

As for buying used; this is what im trying to get away from. Quite like the fact its fixed cost motoring; if you buy used out of warranty car then over that three years its more that likely to cost you at some point in repairs; its a lottery as to how much but this takes that away.
A2H GO

14th Jan 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's extremely rare that repairs to a second hand car (providing you dont buy a shed) will cost anywhere near the interest/depreciation you'll pay on a new lease car.

It's all scaremongery.

For example the deal in the first post compared to the option Whittie posted, both over three years with the same £180 a month payment and £500 deposit, works out over £3000 more expensive to go the lease option (£1000 a year).

You'd have to be really unlucky to spend that on repairs.

[Edited on 14-01-2013 by A2H GO]
Baskey

14th Jan 13 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Whittie included tax so that's £750 off that 3k figure before you start. Plus an older car will be more to maintain (£500 for a cambelt here, £100 for the odd sensor here and there soon adds up)

Iv never owned a new lease car, in fact I'm the opposite I spend shit loads maintaing old hot hatchs but 'no worry motoring' where you can just drive it like a twat and hand it in 3 years does sound appealing
A2H GO

14th Jan 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I included tax & MOT in my (rough) calculations, cambelt is £330 ish inc waterpum fitted but call it £500 you're still £2.5k up.

Don't get me wrong, some people are happy paying £2.5k to do without the hassle.

Munchie

14th Jan 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good price that

If you look on http://www.tilsungroup.com/ they are about £100 more expensive with obviously a much higher deposit.

Nissan Juke is £120 ish on that website for whoever was looking for 1

[Edited on 14-01-2013 by Munchie]
Nath

14th Jan 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I included tax & MOT in my (rough) calculations, cambelt is £330 ish inc waterpum fitted but call it £500 you're still £2.5k up.

Don't get me wrong, some people are happy paying £2.5k to do without the hassle.

None of that is definite though. It's all 'unlucky' and 'maybe' etc... I'd happily pay for the convenience of being able to budget better.

mwg has a valid point and one which I have thought about.
A2H GO

14th Jan 13 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said, some people are happy to pay more for peace of mind.
Nath

14th Jan 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True dat
AndyKent

14th Jan 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath if you're looking to move out is spending near on £200 a month a good idea really?

3 years down the line you have a house but no car and no money. Cheap car, budget for fuel and repairs. If you spend the money on repairs no loss, if you don't more money for a deposit......
CORSA NUT

14th Jan 13 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking from experience here Nath and like others have said, it's probably not wise to do something like this when your getting your own place. If you think cars can be expensive your in for a shock when it comes to looking after a house properly. I get the impression from you that you won't live in a shit hole non 50"+ Tv kind of house

We are struggling to save at the moment so something like this is a dream to me TBH plus when kids come along your well and truly fucked money wise. FFS our nursery fees are £320 a month
Nath

14th Jan 13 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's £166, not £200. I know my finances too. I appreciate the concern but I know what my bank looks like. Plus I'm not buying a house either. Kids? Not happening mate
Nath

14th Jan 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That probably sounded a bit shitty, apologies nothing is concrete here. I'm just looking. More likely that I won't anyway. My current car is paid for and I like not having the monthly payment.
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've considered it before but being tied to a car for 3yrs is a nightmare to me. They're lucky if they last 6 months. Granted you can do less time but then the costs just get silly.
CORSA NUT

14th Jan 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
That probably sounded a bit shitty, apologies nothing is concrete here. I'm just looking. More likely that I won't anyway. My current car is paid for and I like not having the monthly payment.

It did, but then again I sounded like your dad so NP
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Also depending on value of your car, you can sell that and put away for 2yrs worst case buy a car with value of that money.

Sell car now £3k, save that for 2 years while paying £170pm for car. Give car back in 2yrs and spend the £3k on a car of your own or start a fresh lease deal.

Only thing is going from a nice new car to a much older car if choose that option after the lease.

That VXR deal is fairly tempting, all chavs have them round here is only thing that puts me off and fact nearly 30 going back to a Corsa!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Jan 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way a new one is going to work out cheaper than a £6k used one.

£160pm on the used one, you get a £4k car at the end of it.

The lease you walk away.

You'd have to be pretty unlucky to wipe out the car's entire value in repairs.

Only reason is you want a nice new one. Which for some people is a valid reason.

[Edited on 14-01-2013 by Ian]
Colin

14th Jan 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peace of mind in having something new with warranty is worth the premium to some folks. Non thought motoring just plug & play is what some people want.

Heck I pay £360 a month on a car that I'll hand back after the term, does it bother me? No not at all. Everything's included in mine asides tyres, it's just a few less things to worry about.

165 for a brand new VXR is excellent value!!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Jan 13 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've done it myself, my point was that it probably will work out more expensive.
Colin

14th Jan 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My comment wasn't aimed at yours, was 'just sayin'.

Yeah of course there's far more economic ways to run a car.
Ben G

14th Jan 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is leasing cars different to say what i do and buy a car on finance, and have the option to change it after 9 months and sell it after 12 months?

are you tied in for the duration of the contract with no buy out/give back clause?
NovaGTE2

14th Jan 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
is leasing cars different to say what i do and buy a car on finance, and have the option to change it after 9 months and sell it after 12 months?

are you tied in for the duration of the contract with no buy out/give back clause?

Who did you get your focus with Ben; or is it done through work?
Ben G

14th Jan 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dagenham motors, but it's through a work deal.

basically, ford let them advertise on site and in return they do deals for dagenham employees that other ford dealers can't match.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lease Corsa VXR - Lings Cars 23 database queries in 0.0944788 seconds