corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptops in the Sales

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptops in the Sales
Whittie

User status: Offline
4th Jan 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can withdraw any price if its been changed within 21 days. A policy that gets questioned a lot on e-commerce sites i've done.
James

4th Jan 13 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Joel
quote:
Originally posted by James
Apparently that one is a mistake and shouldn't be on the website. They won't let me buy it.

That is a cracking price. Surely if you reserve and collect they can't say anything? If it's advertised at that price it's gotta be sold for that price?

There is no stock to reserve and collect near me (I've even tried my friends' postcodes but can't find any). If you try and order it in for collection or order it online, the website just redirects you to the homepage. I called them up and they said it's no longer a valid product.
James

5th Jan 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I intended to order that HP today from HP Direct and they have bloody taken it off their website to buy
James

6th Jan 13 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck knows what HP were up to with their website. It appeared on the website again today but at £599 instead of £649 so I ordered it.

According to my sums it should cost me £468 after the discount and cashback
Whittie

7th Jan 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent Really liking mine, installed photoshop / dw / ai cs6 last night and it loads very quickly, impressed!
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jan 13 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you find CS6? I'm on 5.5 and can't decide if I should try and persuade my boss to treat me to an upgrade.

Whittie

7th Jan 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use 5.5 in work, I went on photoshop for no longer than 20 mins in cs6, so really can't comment yet. Only noticable difference is that the skin is black, pretty much all I could tell you so far.

I need to have a look what the differences are to be honest, as i've not really looked yet
James

7th Jan 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy MS Office?
LeeM

7th Jan 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piratebay
Whittie

7th Jan 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Anyone know the cheapest place to buy MS Office?

I've used a clients serial number
Corsa_Joel

9th Jan 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you finding the HP Whittie? My Dell was delivered earlier in the week, seems decent enough, although I must admit for what i've done on it, I could of done on a budget £299 laptop. Hopefully get a chance to play around with it a bit more over the weekend.
James

9th Jan 13 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was delivered yesterday but I wasn't in so it's gone to the Post Office, will get it on Saturday. I think mine is more powerful than I need, but I just want something that does the basic things very quickly.
Corsa_Joel

9th Jan 13 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mine was delivered yesterday but I wasn't in so it's gone to the Post Office, will get it on Saturday. I think mine is more powerful than I need, but I just want something that does the basic things very quickly.

Nice one! Basically what I wanted too really, rarely do much aside from web browsing, but the hardware is there if I want to play a couple of games etc. and hopefully I shouldn't get any freezing / crashes from opening multiple tabs whilst playing music through WMP.
Whittie

9th Jan 13 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How you finding the HP Whittie? My Dell was delivered earlier in the week, seems decent enough, although I must admit for what i've done on it, I could of done on a budget £299 laptop. Hopefully get a chance to play around with it a bit more over the weekend.

It's pretty decent, havent done too much yet, will get a proper chance to play with it on the weekend no doubt, been too busy to sit down and do something proper on it. (Build a website, create graphics etc).

I set a laptop up the other night for a client, and he had an i7 chip, my god that thing was quick, shame its going to waste though as all he wants to do is click buy, sell and print shipping lable on ebay

How you finding Win8 Joel?

Bought a new mouse, and trying to figure out how my keyboard lights up! James if you find out before me, let me know please
Balling
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think mine is more powerful than I need, but I just want something that does the basic things very quickly.
I've always gone over my minimum requirements for a laptop purely so it'll last me longer than two years until I want a new one and so it'll hold a decent resale value.

Current one will hopefully reach at least 6 years before I need to replace.

Whittie

9th Jan 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you got Alex, MPBr?
Corsa_Joel

9th Jan 13 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

It's pretty decent, havent done too much yet, will get a proper chance to play with it on the weekend no doubt, been too busy to sit down and do something proper on it. (Build a website, create graphics etc).

I set a laptop up the other night for a client, and he had an i7 chip, my god that thing was quick, shame its going to waste though as all he wants to do is click buy, sell and print shipping lable on ebay

How you finding Win8 Joel?

Bought a new mouse, and trying to figure out how my keyboard lights up! James if you find out before me, let me know please

Haha, quad i7 or a dual?

Not too bad - seems to be of more use if I had an Xbox and used a Hotmail account on the regular though! Becoming increasingly tempted to install the start menu that's been released but I want to try and adjust to Windows 8. The only "modification" i've made to the standard install at the mo is putting a shortcut to My Computer on the desktop. Just frustrating when you go to use tools such as command prompt and can't just click the Start button.

How you finding it?
Balling
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
trying to figure out how my keyboard lights up!
Automatically when it gets dark? At least this was the case with my first MacBook Pro.

Balling
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What you got Alex, MPBr?
15" MBP. Not retina, can't do webdesign on that shit.

It has the "old" upgraded high res screen though, which is a pretty good compromise.

Whittie

10th Jan 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone has just offered me a 13" MBP sealed for £700, tempted. Are they decent for work etc?
Balling
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you first switch you'll find stuff that'll seem cumbersome and illogical compared to how you're used to work. A few habbits need to be broken.

It took me a good 6 months with my first Mac before I was a true convert.

Once you get used to it, the workflow is pretty cool. I can't compare it to anything but WinXP though, as that's the latest Windows I've tried.

I'm yet to see anything as remotely well built and stylish as a unibody Mac, though. There's no question a lot of thought has gone in to the design. There's also no question that you pay for that though.

[Edited on 10-01-2013 by Balling]

LeeM

10th Jan 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Someone has just offered me a 13" MBP sealed for £700, tempted. Are they decent for work etc?

is it the mid 2012? you could sell it on for more.
i use mine for office and cad with an external monitor plugged in. i'd never go back to a windows machine or a desktop now ive had this setup
Whittie

10th Jan 13 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the one in the shops now, so assuming so?

LeeM

10th Jan 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it, even if its just to sell on
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-MacBook-Pro-13-3-Laptop-MD101B-A-June-2012-/200871108525?pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Laptops_ET&hash=item2ec4d9dfad&nma=true&si=I4kv4lRZ%2FhqFZ6nYIj3LnpP0GLc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Balling
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the specs? Sounds a pretty good deal.

You'll probably want an external screen for web work as 13" is going to be too small.
Saying that, my first Mac was a 13" and I do some times miss the mobility. The 15" is a heavy fucker.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll