corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Satin red 1.2 8v LS, C20NE. Update with pictures.

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Satin red 1.2 8v LS, C20NE. Update with pictures.
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th May 14 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
looks really nice!
Jamie-C

20th May 14 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set of genuine rear mud flaps and steinmetz skirts would finish that of lovely , nice to see some people still keeping Corsas tidy, looks well!
LukesCorsaSXi

21st May 14 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jordancorsab
quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
Looks mint! Think front needs to go down a little bit... and some sideskirts are needed!

Thanks guys! Yeah Luke I need new coil overs because these FKS are on the bottom thread lol! I'm not sure on skirts I don't think they would suit it?

Take the helper springs out of the bottom, then wind them down more.

Steinmetz side skirts like what me and dan had!
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

22nd May 14 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude there on the last thread with helpers removed!
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

22nd May 14 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cars now insured and mot'd just got to tax it tomorrow! Also need a bit of help, the car struggled to pull off in first from a roundabout on the way home plus doesn't feel like there's any power at all and I've noticed on idle it sounds lumpy? Before you say it's an 8v I know but it still shouldn't drive this bad, I've read a bit about it and heard it could be the CTS? Just wondering if anyone could shed any light?

[Edited on 22-05-2014 by Jordancorsab]
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

28th May 14 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll I've been driving the car around since Friday and braved a trip to Skegness on Saturday afternoon for the weekend. No problems as such apart from a screeching alternator so tightened it up and soaked it in some 3 in 1 oil and it hasn't made a noise since so touch would that's sorted! Changed the CTS with one from a scrappy and that's sorted the running I think!

The only other niggle is when I start the car and accelerate I can hear water trickling from behind the dashboard, I've read about it and sounds to me like the heater matrix is goosed! Going to pick one up this weekend and I'll update to see if that sorts it!

Going to get some good pictures with father in laws camera so I'll post them up!

[Edited on 12-04-2015 by Jordancorsab]
djgritt
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 06:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great!

The Cavalier wheels look smart especially, better than the Porsche ones.
LukesCorsaSXi

29th May 14 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jordancorsab
Dude there on the last thread with helpers removed!

You've taken the bottom springs out on the front coilys and then wound them all the way to the bottom?

It should be on the floor if so!
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you! Yes Luke, heard FKS don't go as low as the TA TECHNIX or something daft?
Ashleyybryan

29th May 14 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah FK's either have long springs or short threads. So they can't go very low
Minty_Fresh

29th May 14 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post a picture of the setup on the front (inside the wheel arch), see if there's anywhere you can modify
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as you can see on some pictures the fronts of both sills had shown rust so i rubbed them back and never got around to painting them like a kong so i sorted them this weekend, heres a few pics..

[Edited on 01-06-2014 by Jordancorsab]
chrisr195

1st Jun 14 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mudflaps? paint looks absolutely mint.
nibnob21
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the best looking b on the site.

MX5 Project Thread
Simon_16v

1st Jun 14 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Probably the best looking b on the site.

If not the most original looking b
Jason x
Premium Member

1st Jun 14 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

2nd Jun 14 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys!
Joel_Sxi

3rd Jun 14 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smart that, makes me want another b !
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not updated in a while, just been enjoying it and fixing the niggly problems! Anyway the 1.2 8v just isn't cutting it anymore, can't keep up with traffic and runs like shit when warm, I'll run it until the MOT and insurance is up then it's coming off the road for som welding, paint and nice new shiny parts.

I've purchased an engine off a friend tonight, the 2.0 8v 115bhp, but was told it was running the 130bhp ecu?! it's just had a full top end rebuild and comes with a list of things such as..
2 sets of mounts
Driveshafts
2 looms
3 ecus
And loads of other spares.
it needs is timing up and exhaust and a good clean and some fresh paint.
I think it was a conversions to a corsa before I got it off my mate.

I've also picked up a digidash free of another friend which I will be moulding into the corsa surround and hopefully having it look good.

I fitted a new front and rear ARB as my car didn't come with any, picked them up from DONNER on here so thanks mate, think the came off a sport. I also fitted new cheap coil overs the day before trap and wound them down so the front sits loads better now.

Attempted trax with Weekend racer/corsa sport and was a cracking day out some lovely cars on the stand and enjoyed my free brew!
Here's a couple of shots I took, if you want to see all the other I'll be uploading them into a thread sometime this week.

[Edited on 19-09-2014 by Jordancorsab]
taylorboosh

9th Sep 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is so good wow
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely.

Looks brilliant! Credit to you!
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys means a lot, hopefully sorting underneath and having everything painted too get it ready for next year, also looking at some bbs rz to fill the arches more I'd still keep them the same colour scheme though!
l88fty
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was looking very clean fella

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

11th Sep 14 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate
MatthewR

11th Sep 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great mate
Also love that there arent any huge ugly stickers on it

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Satin red 1.2 8v LS, C20NE. Update with pictures. 24 database queries in 0.2063971 seconds