corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jun 14 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sized pulley are you using?
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Jun 14 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is fun to drive, real easy and good mpg
using a 3.1 zzp pulley at the moment.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 06:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats quite a good number for 3.1" pulley.

Have you uprated your rods yet?

[Edited on 01-07-2014 by chris_uk]
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Jul 14 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not yet, that's why the boost Is low and theres a rev limiter on.
going to build a new bottom end with forged rods and pistons to keep it safe then turn the boost back up.
didn't think it would make anywhere near that power, neither did Courtenay's guy's
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been a while but I've ordered some parts last week and they have now started to arrive
set of eagle H beam rods,

[img][/img]
2.8 supercharger pulley for a bit extra boost and a new top rad hose to fit with supercharger,

[img][/img]

more parts on their way.
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Jan 15 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its been along time since ive done anything to this project what with having to scrap my corsa B
then find a replacement for when I start the engine swap and gearbox upgrade but finally got round to starting work on her again, pretty much all the parts are now in stock ready to rebuild the engine and gearbox.
cranks been lightend and balanced plus a regrind to be sure its 100%.
had a spare hour and half tonight so set too with stripping the brand new Saab engine,

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
wrapped up the parts ready for rebuild as they are clean already to be fitted.
car is such fun to drive I can hardly bring myself to pull engine out though
davegreen
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more jobs done today, new front splitter fitted, new headlamp bulbs fitted, blue leds under bonnet, seats, and over amps, new gear stick and hand brake gaiters fitted, new reverse lamp switch fitted, new badge on front grill and a few other little jobs.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
also collected new fluids for engine rebuild/fitting
Mark.W

24th Jan 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awsome C this nice work keep it up
davegreen
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you
I love it too
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

busy afternoon building up the new forged bottom end.
new Saab b207r block and sump, lightend/balanced crank, eagle rods, wiseco pistons 8.9:1cr, light weight flywheel, sachs organic clutch, balancer shaft delete.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
next is to rebuild the gearbox and fit the quaife diff.
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Apr 15 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have not updated this in a while,
rebuilt new gearbox, now using 3.55:1 final drive and gear set from a 1.7dti corsa c F23 along with a quaffie diff. slowed it down a fair bit but still pulls great and at 2600rpm for 70mph she's great on fuel to (35mpg)
fitted new bottom end, oil cooler, new sound system, new gear shift shortener, smaller pulley on charger, bigger injectors had her mapped.
need to dial cams in for best results and get freer flowing exhaust system 3" manifold back as she's a bit choked at top end. but other than that she sounds great and puts a smile on my face

[img][/img]

[img]http://[/img]

[img][/img]

vx-scottw
Premium Member

14th Apr 15 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot on
Mark.W

14th Apr 15 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolute quality
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Apr 15 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you, I'm getting there with her but still a very long way to go yet.
l88fty
Premium Member

14th Apr 15 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another audio car, nice to see people still doing it

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
davegreen
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 05:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, I need some tunes in case I get board of the supercharger whine
l88fty
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
cheers, I need some tunes in case I get board of the supercharger whine

After hearing mine being setup at Zerocake last night, I doubt I'll be able to hear any engine over my audio lol.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
davegreen
Premium Member

15th Apr 15 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

upto 3/4 volume I can just hear the engine after that im deaf!
years ago I would have driven it that loud but the supercharger sounds like music too so now I choose which to listen to.
I need to improve wiring, earths and power all round then book a time at oxford car audio for final set up.
may try and get a new alternator shipped over from usa with bigger output but that will still fit with the supercharger.
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Apr 15 at 06:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally got around to finishing the engine loom off,

[img][/img]
fitted new stickers which should give me more bhp??

[img][/img]
all of that was just to much and I couldn't control myself

[img][/img]
next on the job list is to cover the sub box and get new exhaust system made.
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Apr 15 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do really like this car , is it going to be at pvs? wouldnt mind a really good look at it, really fancy doing a supercharged se in my c like you have. Just the supercharger kits arnt cheap Credit to you for building such a cracker and not just dropping a zlet in!
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Apr 15 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you. and yes it will be at PVS.
im on the LMF Vauxhall stand as its their old car only much better now!
first stage of the z22se supercharger only cost me £1500 with mapping that got me to 283bhp with stock bottom end so ran it restricted to around 260bhp until I built this forged bottom end.
so not as bad as you think if you do work yourself.
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Apr 15 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking foreward to seeing it at pvs , if your about ill have a chat.
Im sure i saw your b on the lmf stand a few years ago.
Thats fairly reasonable in all honesty, how much power can you run on a standard engine?
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Apr 15 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard bottom ends can take 250/260bhp at standard rev limit.
its a very easy conversion to supercharge the z22se, so much info on z22se.co.uk, all you need to know, how to, part numbers, what you need.
I see so many people at shows I never remember who's who. sorry im terrible with names and faces.
been good friends with steve for many years now and nearly always show at pvs with LMF.
best time to find me will be early morning.
RoweY

29th Apr 15 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked threw this from the beginning, its good seeing something a bit different. Keep up the good work
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Apr 15 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you, and don't worry loads more plans for the future of this car and others. just need space for them!

<<  8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video 24 database queries in 0.0183728 seconds