corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra mk4 1.6 16v sxi twinport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra mk4 1.6 16v sxi twinport
vaux.dan

User status: Offline
10th Dec 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought i'd start a new thread for this as im planning on keeping it hopefully for a while.

Bought it on 14th september 2012 when my green astra died. Looked nice and clean in the pics good description so nipped along and viewed it. It was immaculate inside and out and was more than happy to pay the £1100 price tag but she said it had to go (needed a diesel asap) and offered me it for £800 so as you can imagine i was over the moon !!

SUMMERY
bought for £800 3 month tax 9 month mot
given full geniune service on 119k (now 122k) has 11 stamps now
brand new downpipe and gt3 backboc
brand new number plate lense, led light and 4200k headlight bulbs
astra mk2 gte alloys (winter wheels)
brand new hub
x2 new calipers drilled and grooved mtec discs mintex pads
brand new geniune rocker cover and gasket
private reg

got the astra home and give it a quick clean

it was juddering a little bit in 5th on the motorway so decided to order a service kit aswell all geniune parts from auto-vaux

ordered up some legal pressed number plates ready for me to swap my private plate over

irmscher grill

[Edited on 10-12-2012 by vaux.dan]
vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decided to snow foam it,hand wash,dry,polish and put some rapid detailer on at the end. came up nice

vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I then ordered a brand new gt3 twin 3'' inward rolled tip backbox and had it fitted. also noticed that the downpipe was blowing so had a brand new 1 of those fitted and the tow bar removed also

dvla sent my paperwork etc through so i could put my private plate on
vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drivers side caliper seized then found out a bodge repair!!
got home and the car was smoking badly wasnt able to see this when driving and i thought the smell was the clutch slipping lol. ordered a vgc caliper off ebay brand new mintex pads, mtec drilled and grooved discs and took it to the garage to be fitted... Had a phone call half an hour later saying they passanger side caliper was actually a drivers side !!!! and they deemed the car unsafe as the break pipe had no bracket and was cable tied (rubbing so almost went through to the pipe) so refused to work on the car unless a passanger side caliper was bought and a bracket.

so off to a huge breakers yard only for vauxhalls to get a passanger caliper told them what i needed and £20 i was sorted ... NOT. the stupid twats gave me a coupe (5 stud) caliper which was far to big so another trip up finally had the right 1. garage sorted it all out but cost me £150 for parts and labour all for a seized caliper

vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was mid november by this point and with winter coming soon i started sourcing some winter wheels. spotted some 14'' astra mk2 gte alloys for £50 1 mile away so went along and i knew the lad selling them so got them for £40 bargain. ended up selling the sxi ones for £130

vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most up to date pic

been having some bother with the abs. light is on and car looks up when braking so ordered a new hub to sort it
vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so there goes thats it pretty much upto date for anyone who doesnt wanna read the above basically iv spent a fair bit fixing it but im sticking with it for the time being
service £60 parts £30 labour
full new front brakes £150 with labour
brand new rocker cover and gasket £150 £10 labour
new hub £35 + labour
downpipe £70 £10 labour
Corsa_Sport21

10th Dec 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked ok to start with. Not sure why you would remove the standard wheels, in favour of those horrid looking Mk2 Astra wheels though. Dosn't make sense seeing as you have sold the others.
vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Looked ok to start with. Not sure why you would remove the standard wheels, in favour of those horrid looking Mk2 Astra wheels though. Dosn't make sense seeing as you have sold the others.

clearly havnt read it mate? theyre winter wheels. will uodate tomorrow as i now have new wheels to put on after winter
Corsa_Sport21

10th Dec 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seen that bit, but never seen the part about having new wheels to go on.

What was wrong with using the standard wheels as winter wheels though, if you have others to go on??
vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i live up north and we normally get hit pretty hard with snow etc so why keep wheels on that are immaculate to potentially damage? iv literally only just got the wheels a couple of hours ago i was always going to buy new wheelsat a later point but got some corsa c sri wheels verycheap today
vaux.dan

10th Dec 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been checking ebay and gumtree lately for alloys. some corsa c sri wheels were on gumtree for 200. rang him up he said he would drop the price if they were gone today as he scrapped the car and was skint. anyways he ended up meeting me 4 mile from my house and paid £140 for x5 sri wheels will be fitted around febuary time will probs get them refurbed

quick photoshop

ArdenblueDan

11th Dec 12 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels will look great buddy
vaux.dan

11th Dec 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate unsure what colour to do them. buzzing i only paid 140 for 5. 4 have mint tyres on aswell
ArdenblueDan

11th Dec 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go for a smoked silver keep them looking oem they'll look great on the colour of your car calipers blue and they'll stand out more too
Gareth T

11th Dec 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bargain for the sri's been.looking.for a set for my C but very pricey. Keep this updated.
vaux.dan

12th Dec 12 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah very pricey still. there was a set for sale on "vauxsausage" for 250 in hi viz orange.
will try and keep it updated need my hub fitted for abs and speedo drive as both are playing up but jusy had key hole surgery on my elbow so struggling atm.

colour wise the mrs thinks anthracite need somemore photoshops tbh
Alex_Rally

12th Dec 12 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work at the hospital and seen you in the theatre at the hospital, and it wasnt your elbow they were working on it was removing that 10" black dildo out ya arse that i seen ..... hahaha
vaux.dan

12th Dec 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha do you really or just talking shit haha
vaux.dan

12th Dec 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought my self a mp3 usb port thing to store my songs means glove box wont be full of cds now
Alex_Rally

12th Dec 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha nar i do work there i seen you getting in the blue vectra outside the a&e i do the maintainance there.
vaux.dan

12th Dec 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r right aye me dad was picking is a would of been with the bairn and wor lass then? i was in thurs and got released friday off my surgery bairn has got to go up. sick of the place
vaux.dan

13th Dec 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is a video i took of the car running terrible. comstant cutting out,revs all over very lumpy and flat. oil cap and dipstick were actually sucking in ! apparently the z16xep suffer from blocked diaphrams and its £150 for new rocker covers so thats why i had to replace it. runs much better now
vaux.dan

15th Dec 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took the car along to the garage today for the new abs hub fitted. had it all fitted up and breaks re bled car brakes much better now and abs light is now off and hasnt locked up yet and the speedo hasnt started bouncing around so looks like its fixed

bit heat for the sezed bolts

old hub

didnt manage to get a pic of the new one. im buying a battery bag off him tomorrow and ordering some wind deflectors aswell

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra mk4 1.6 16v sxi twinport 24 database queries in 0.1914220 seconds