corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nzbmatrix gone!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nzbmatrix gone!
AdZ9

User status: Offline
9th Dec 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been onto nzbmatrix to check the latest releases and it's been taken down for good!

I guess I need to find and pay for a new index site, what's the next best one after Nzbmatrix?
John

9th Dec 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a massive pain, I've got everything set up working perfectly for TV shows
ashleh

9th Dec 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Dan
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sucks

Was a great site.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Dom

9th Dec 12 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a shitter that

Few alternatives - gingadaddy.com, nzb.su (invite only now), nzbsrus (slow as hell), binsearch.info (PITA to use but at least it works)

Anyone know if nzbs.org is doing invites? Suppose to be the best alternative.

[Edited on 09-12-2012 by Dom]
Doug

9th Dec 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh FFS

Was it taken down by 'the feds' at all? Should I be concerned that they have my details etc ?
Bart

9th Dec 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard they're tracking all the members down

Torrents FTW
Aaron

9th Dec 12 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never used news groups to download stuff. My friends tell me that i'm living in the past with torrents, but i aren't too sure what to think.

Oh, do you all remember Supernova.org? The creator/owner of that web site (Anton Vickerman i think his name is) is a student of my Mrs....who works as an ICT/Media teacher in prison
John

9th Dec 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Newsgroups were the way forward, SSL encrypted and as fast as your connection can go.

If what nzbmatrix says about the content not being uploaded to usenet at all anymore, they won't be around for much longer.

How is the whole rapidshare and similar scene? I had an account for something like that for a while and it wasn't too bad. Ideally has to be something sickbeard integrated though.
Dom

9th Dec 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been getting a lot of incompletes over the last month with newly uploaded popular shows, which is a little annoying. But takedowns were always going to happen as the service became popular.
Although usenet is far from dead as there are plenty of indexing sites out there. But it's going the way of torrents in that you're better off using private indexing sites.

John - RS got their act together a year or two ago (one of the reasons i moved to usenet) and they're now pretty hot dealing with takedown notices. Sites like WarezBB are still about but downloads are sprawled across multiple sites, so you either have to wait until someone uploads it to the site you're subscribed to or have multiple prem subscriptions.
Rapidgator seems like the RS replacement but it's not cheap though.

Tbf, i've been looking into getting a VPN and torrenting across it. Just a bit wary of providers storing logs.

John

9th Dec 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of prices have you been looking at for VPN's? I'm £7 a month or whatever for newsgroups so would probably spend that.

If I can get sickbeard going with utorrent that would do. TV shows are most of my downloading, with the odd film.
noshua

9th Dec 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nzbs.org are doing random invites, the admin of the site is the creator of the nzb index software newznab.

http://dognzb.cr runs the same software and is the best alternative to nzbs.org

edit; if you have a server or something, you could always run newznab yourself as it's free, or pay a one-off fee of about $10 for an index of about a million nzb's.

another option would be to get access to a private torrent site, like torrentleech (hardly private considering everyone trades/gives away/sells invites), and a cheap seedbox to keep your ratio up (and to leech off at full speed).

[Edited on 09-12-2012 by noshua]
Dom

9th Dec 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add www.nzbtvseeker.com and nzbs.in (pretty slow) to the alternative list, both seem ok although no where near as good as *matrix.

noshua - No new registrations or invites for dognzb.cr, likewise NZBs.org. And i'm not overly convinced about running an indexing site, even if it was private
Dom

9th Dec 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
What sort of prices have you been looking at for VPN's? I'm £7 a month or whatever for newsgroups so would probably spend that.

If I can get sickbeard going with utorrent that would do. TV shows are most of my downloading, with the odd film.

btguard.com do a proxy and a vpn service, site gets heavily mentioned but i've read a few recent reports of crap service. But that's around the £5 mark.
Otherwise bolehvpn.net, hidemyass.com/vpn, swissvpn.net (apparently log but there's no TOS/FUP to state that; cheap though and doesn't appear to be any limits), privacy.io (looks really good and well priced, £4.50/pm, no blocking of ports; no TOS or FUP, so no idea on limits).

Edit - airvpn.org is another, about £5/pm but no restrictions that i can see.

Edit 2 - http://torrentfreak.com/best-vpn-proxy-bittorrent-110618/ lots listed in the comments.

[Edited on 09-12-2012 by Dom]
noshua

9th Dec 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not Dom? All you're doing is pulling posts from usenet and storing them - just make it only available on your LAN...

Didn't realise dognzb was shut too, I'll see if they have any invites

EDIT: $10 one off payment for VIP which gives you access to all the nzbs plus lots of other features / limits raised.

New announcement on dognzb says he reset invites to 0 to stop new comers because of 3 big sites closing down recently; no doubt with them having a $10 pay option it will be a target.

Dom couldn't you get a leb for the VPN part of the VPN + torrent method?

[Edited on 09-12-2012 by noshua]
Reecemac

9th Dec 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wankers I only upgraded to the forever premium like a month ago.
Dom

9th Dec 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Dom couldn't you get a leb for the VPN part of the VPN + torrent method?

Most hosts don't allow VPN's and/or BT traffic and if they do, they'll still happily nuke your account if they receive a takedown notice. Plus it wouldn't be anonymous (whole point of the VPN) as the box would be registered to yourself and the host would have logs of you accessing/SSH'ing into the box.
It'd be extremely messy.

quote:
Why not Dom? All you're doing is pulling posts from usenet and storing them - just make it only available on your LAN...

Can't easily get this hosted, not cheaply anyway as it's against most LEB TOS's (even if it was heavily restricted). So it'd be another box you'd have to have running at home (not something you switch on/off, ie: have it in a VM, when you need it because it'll take a fair while to index new uploads), gobbling power/bandwidth and 95% of what it'd be indexing would be pointless.

Granted, if you have a home server and you can spare the requirements then it might be a solution.
noshua

9th Dec 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was thinking more of doing it on a box at home rather than a LEB. LEB isn't a bad idea but like you say it is or probably is not suitable with most providers.

Not quite sure how much bandwidth/storage/time it takes up but would hope it could be ran overnight for a few hours to index everything.

Only a handful of alternatives if you don't have an account with dognzb or nzbs
noshua

10th Dec 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nzbs.org and filesharingtalk.com down now too...
John

10th Dec 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well cancel my astraweb subscription before they take anything else out.
Dom

10th Dec 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nzbs.org and filesharingtalk.com down now too...

Have they closed? Or are they just inaccessible?
Dom

10th Dec 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Might as well cancel my astraweb subscription before they take anything else out.

Used nzbtvseeker.com (essentially a frontend for Binsearch) this morning and didn't have any problems, in fact it's reasonably decent (lacks API but there is RSS support).
noshua

10th Dec 12 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to get onto nzbs.org for the time being, it almost shut down back in March/April so won't be surprised if it goes tbh. Looks like for the time being just trying to hide it.

Binsearch is good if you know what you're doing; Predbe.me has a link to binsearch from each release.

Indexing sites aren't the problem, lots of providers have been taking content down within minutes of it being uploaded due to automated DMCA take down requests.

See what happens, if nzbs.org and dog nzb go, looks like it'll be back to the seedbox
jamied

11th Dec 12 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This is a massive pain, I've got everything set up working perfectly for TV shows

Same
John

12th Dec 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone paid for the VIP nzbsrus?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll