corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RC cars. buggys, drift, 2wd, 4wd, electric, nitro.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RC cars. buggys, drift, 2wd, 4wd, electric, nitro.
Ant B

User status: Offline
25th Jan 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'd only have a well nown make like the Baja or blackout

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by Ant B]
Ant B

25th Jan 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by Ant B
im really into them i have
1.hpi savage x 4.6 with a few upgrades
2.hpi savge flux hp on twin 3s lipo this thing will do double back flips!,ive just converted it to a xl with offset wheels and big joe tyres and a hell of a lot of upgrades over £1000.
3.hyper 7 .21 a few upgrades
4.ansmann virus 2.0 ep.standerd

Good man, I've got one of the latest generation Savages with the big bore shocks. Tis seriously fun, especially if you can find an empty skatepark... With a set of 1.5'' offset wheels on it even manages cornering (just).

quote:
I fancy a 1/5 scale 2 stroke,I might start saving!

Tbh if you want to buy new, this is probably the best of the cheap ones. Seems to be fairly well rated for the cash.

http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/product/King-Motor-KSRC001-2012-Baja-Buggy.php

Yeah mines the latest gen savage flux hp,with the big bore shocks,and I've rebuilt them with 350cst oil and stiffer springs,i also have sway bars to fit but since I've converted it to the XL with tvp's and XL engine plate,and also the offset wheels it handles really well for a savage now,its nice and stiff
3CorsaMeal

25th Jan 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only got the marder as i watched the savage flux on lipos video and decided i wanted a savage.

Asked about them on the corrado forum and a local guy said he had this marder, was the 1st i'd heard of petrol rc and bought that instead
3CorsaMeal

25th Jan 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the look of the Losi 5ivet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDb0bI86nA

Ant B

25th Jan 13 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there awesome and massive,I'm a member on a really good well known forum modelsport form,and loads of people have them on there,its also a very good place for help and spares,I also use modelsport website for most of my partsparts
Ant B

25th Jan 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also check my savage flux XL conversion on msuk forum
http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/161490-ant-b-4-savage-flux-hp-xl-conversionpic-heavywheels-here/page__st__45
It shows everything I've done

Ant B

25th Jan 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I like the look of the Losi 5ivet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDb0bI86nA

How much did you pay for the marder as I wouldn't mind. One
3CorsaMeal

25th Jan 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£300, its the 26cc race one and has some alloy bits on it, i spent another £150 on it quite quickly
Ant B

25th Jan 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's about normal for them,there good cars
3CorsaMeal

25th Jan 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also check my savage flux XL conversion on msuk forum
http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/161490-ant-b-4-savage-flux-hp-xl-conversionpic-heavywheels-here/page__st__45
It shows everything I've done

haha, i'm a member on there, not used the forum much though.

Nice savage
Pip308

25th Jan 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before

New bits

After

Also made my own light kit out of an old set of Xmas lights

Ian W

26th Jan 13 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally dig my Clod Buster out when it snows but it's been buried in the loft with all the other for the last 12 months and iirc needs some work before it's ready to run again

4x4x4 is awesome in the snow though!

SVM 286

27th Jan 13 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too, but mine is now 25 years old and is in mid resto, so the snow was incredibly badly timed. Had nothing appropriate for back garden fun and it snows so infrequently here.
Ian W

27th Jan 13 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Me too, but mine is now 25 years old and is in mid resto, so the snow was incredibly badly timed. Had nothing appropriate for back garden fun and it snows so infrequently here.

I think mine must be about 16 Never been restored, have never even rebuilt it since I put it together at 14. I put the condition down to it just being far to big to take anywhere when I was a kid!

Get some pics up
SVM 286

28th Jan 13 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do Ian Need to take some first and get Prem again first though

Got it for Christmas in 1987. It was one of the very first batch to arrive in the UK which featured in a story on Crime Watch because the lorry containing the entire batch was stolen and then recovered.

When the box turned up a little battered it included an appology from the model shop it was ordered from, explaining that they all got lightly damaged during the theft.

I started stripping it AGES ago to upgrade the bushes to ballraces and the friction shocks for oil dampers, but then I got a new job and it got shelved.

Gonna be unemployed again as of next Friday so I think i'll be digging her out and making some more progress in case it snows again.
Pip308

29th Jan 13 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286

1st Feb 13 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neil h

2nd Feb 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah mines the latest gen savage flux hp,with the big bore shocks,and I've rebuilt them with 350cst oil and stiffer springs,i also have sway bars to fit but since I've converted it to the XL with tvp's and XL engine plate,and also the offset wheels it handles really well for a savage now,its nice and stiff

How do you find the Savage Flux? My nitro savvy is a pain in the arse to start when it doesn't get used and I can't decode whether to slap in a decent engine or do a brushless conversion (or potentially buy a flux and use the old nitro for spares).
Aaron

2nd Feb 13 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems like brushless setups are starting to take over the group/club i'm in. Personally speaking, i like having the engine to tinker with and tune, and to me, brushless takes a bit of fun out of it. Brushless cars can be stupidly fast, and will beat nitro any day in terms of speed, by hey ho.
Ant B

2nd Feb 13 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:

How do you find the Savage Flux? My nitro savvy is a pain in the arse to start when it doesn't get used and I can't decode whether to slap in a decent engine or do a brushless conversion (or potentially buy a flux and use the old nitro for spares).

the savage flux is awsome now ive put all them upgrades on it,it was a good car out the box,bbut it has to much power for the length width and height witch is all sorted now and i love it.id defo reccomend buying one
Half Pint

2nd Feb 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dam you corsasport.. because of this post I dug out my old Manta Ray and totally rebuilt the thing.... Spares can be expensive for 'vintage models' lol
Ian W

3rd Feb 13 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
Dam you corsasport.. because of this post I dug out my old Manta Ray and totally rebuilt the thing.... Spares can be expensive for 'vintage models' lol

Broken front shock tower by any chance?
SVM 286

3rd Feb 13 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint

Don't even get me started Tone.

Got a million and one unfinished projects in't loft.

When i'm not job hunting, at least a couple of these will be getting some hours poured into them now as a result of this thread.
Half Pint

3rd Feb 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually the only real problem was the motor and main spur gear were fooked. Also the main tub was cross threaded and broken. But after £200+ it has new updated motor, speed controller, ball race gearboxes, aluminum shaft, new wheels, updated aluminum shocks, shell, spoiler, tyres... The list goes on. It would have been cheaper to buy the thunder tiger I was eyeing up. But I've had it since I was 11 or so, and will never throw it away so may aswell have it working.

[Edited on 03-02-2013 by Half Pint]
Half Pint

3rd Feb 13 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RC cars. buggys, drift, 2wd, 4wd, electric, nitro. 22 database queries in 0.1030040 seconds