corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E36 328 road/track car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E36 328 road/track car
craig8
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Feb 13 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, lower grill is all cracked so going to get some black fine mesh in there, also I e of the centre caps has went missing so I'll need to replace that too

E36 328
Butler

26th Feb 13 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't decide whether I prefer the M3 mesh on the bumper or not.
craig8
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was hoping to get some progress on this over the last couple of nights but I am still waiting on a chain tensioner and guide rail so can't do anything yet, busy at the weekend so it's going to be touch and go for knockhill on the 9th

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New pikey spec gear knob ready to fit, this ones a 600g stainless steel towball

Still a little work to to on the engine, just putting manifolds and covers on then service and give it a run

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by craig8]

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a big update, had to cancel the track day last minute after a bit of a disaster.
Put the head back on, torqued it down and the threads pulled out of the block, bit of research shows its common on 328s that have the HG go so picked up a Wurth Time-Sert kit and some longer inserts

Threads damaged

Inserts fitted on the right

Pic of the kit, used longer inserts that came separate

Head back on and torqued but not done much else, might finish it off mid week

[Edited on 17-03-2013 by craig8]

E36 328
Jambo

17th Mar 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet that was a shit your pants moment!
craig8
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, ended up taking hours having to go easy on everything and make sure it's all perfectly straight

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

21st Apr 13 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a big update but done my first track day with it, car held up pretty well and I was surprised by just how much grip I had. Forgot to get video but I'll keep an eye out for any photos and put them up here.

Few small issues to sort now, new radiator is ordered, 2 find on the viscous fan are missing so that needs ordered and need to wire my electric fan off of the temp switch instead of just a dash switch, then look into my vanos rattle issue

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done much recently due to wedding coming up and a few other things taking priority

Got rid of leaking radiator, broken viscous fan and also replaced thermostat housing with a metal one

Fitted fan to radiator along with a lower temp fan switch

Needed the plug from a compact to fit the new switch, couldn't find one so used an aircon plug and added terminals, soldered on an fan now kicks in at 88 degrees

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few vids from the recent trackscotland evening, car was going pretty well, started getting a little brake fade just towards the end of the night but I had been lapping for 20 mins, some better pads will be required soon though and possibly some tuition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCpw11QHUOM

http://youtu.be/rxADLEOq4a8 - got a we bit hairy on the hairpin at 40

http://youtu.be/Ze8SWiENo8A

http://youtu.be/sw0XcdQehQc

E36 328
Robin
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to say nice save but then it went the other way what camera is that?
craig8
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone 4 using Harry's lap timer, had to bring tje quality down a bit when cutting the video or it would take ages to upload, had lap data too but the GPS went tits up halfway though

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

26th Nov 13 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First lot of new bits arrived today

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a X brace, gave it a quick coat or satin black

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

1st Jan 14 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered the wrong pollybushes so returned them and now have eccentric pollybushes fitted with new e30 bottom arms and new track rods and drop links, also got the x-brace on and the car is handling brilliantly just needs the rears pollybushed now

Bought some new track tyres and a set of wheels to put them on

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the slicks on the wheels for knockhill yesterday, got up at 6.30 and stripped the interior out, lowered the rear and gave the car a check over, up to knockhill and slicks on and done about 20 mins.

Came in to check tyre pressures and sitting in the paddock ticking over the top radiator hose went bang. Turns out the fan stopped working, engine overheated and look's like head gasket is away so the head is coming off again

[Edited on 02-03-2014 by craig8]

E36 328
Ben G

2nd Mar 14 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not good mate I almost done my headgasket when testing after a coolant change. Are they expensive to do on these engines?
craig8
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time it was but this time it should hopefully be a straight forward job, I'll be happy if I can do it for under £100 really

E36 328
Alex_Rally

2nd Mar 14 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a bastard mate, hope u get it sorted asap
craig8
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to post this one up from a previous track day

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much of an update, been unused mostly due to the baby coming and buying the wife a proper family car. Front discs had the grooves worn right out of them on the back so replaced with some brembos, upgraded to some ds2500 pads at the same time, need the rears checked over, new battery and a service then off for mot and hopefully another track day in November

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

12th Oct 14 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a couple of braces from 933 motorsport, seem to be pretty substantial.

E36 328
P1CK4D

14th Oct 14 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should remove the Aircon. Less weight, less strain on the engine as no belt will be connected, no rad fan will allow more air to flow into the engine and rad and doesn't cost anything!
craig8
Premium Member

14th Oct 14 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no aircon and fan, there's a 12" electric fan on the front of the radiator.

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been on the look out for a heat shield for the air filter for a while, not seen anything worth getting that wasn't going to cost a fortune so since I'm cheap and like bodging things together I decided to have a go at making one.

Started by making a mould from some old plastic wall stuff that was in the garage

Some fibreglass laid in

Trimmed and removed from mould

And just quickly sat in place, needs tidied up, sanded, painted and brackets making. Will get some edging trim to tidy that up too

E36 328

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E36 328 road/track car 24 database queries in 0.1095290 seconds