corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E36 328 road/track car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E36 328 road/track car
craig8
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 12 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be using this as a road and track car so the interior will be staying in for now, first off some pics from the advert

Will get some decent pictures at the weekend, next week should see the e46 330 front brakes I ordered coming and discovers it has an m50 inlet manifold an derestricted airbox fitted

[Edited on 03-12-2012 by craig8]

[Edited on 06-12-2012 by craig8]

[Edited on 22-12-2012 by craig8]

[Edited on 27-12-2012 by craig8]

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by craig8]

[Edited on 28-06-2013 by craig8]

[Edited on 04-09-2013 by craig8]

E36 328
Minty_Fresh

27th Nov 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decat
Coilovers
R888s
Strip it

Looks a lovely base to start with, friend of mine has just bought one
davieslim

27th Nov 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one

really like these after working on a load of them, please ditch the front indicators
craig8
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordering some bc racing coilovers next week and a couple of bits and pieces, indicators can stay for now gonna change them in the new year when the bubling on the arches gets fixed, for now its just about making it handle and stop better

Going to stick with road tyres for my first couple of track days, thinking Michelin pilot sports, don't have the budget for another set of wheels and 888's for a couple of months due to wedding stuff

[Edited on 27-11-2012 by craig8]

E36 328
Butler

28th Nov 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as mine! Good buy. Can't beat these for the money. It take it yours has traction and no LSD?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have JOM coilovers on my touring
the ride is brilliant, for £170 they are well worth it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
daymoon
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt de-cat it. Just get an M3 exhaust system. Sounds shit with a decat
craig8
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butler - has traction control, not checked for an lsd yet but the mechanic I bought it from said it did, will need to confirm that myself though

Tom - not really the kind of coilovers I'm after tbh, looking for something a bit more adjustable and I have more confidence in

Daymoon - engine and exhaust are staying as they are for now, already has the manifold and airbox done and today I plugged the vac line that closes the valve on the exhaust for a bit more noise in lower revs

E36 328
Tomnova16
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8

Tom - not really the kind of coilovers I'm after tbh, looking for something a bit more adjustable and I have more confidence in

oh yeah, track car

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
antnee

28th Nov 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look at the Federal 595 RSR or Yoko AD08, half way between a good road tyre and a semi slick
craig8
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little bit of progress, uprating the brakes from 286mm to 325mm discs off of an e46 330ci using the calipers and carriers, braided hoses, some grooved and dimpled discs and ebc yellowstuff pads for now, also going to use the master cyclinder and servo from an e36 m3 evo due to the larger piston size

started cleaning up the calipers for paint and these arrived

not so sure if they will fit under the 17s now should do though, only one way to find out really

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and painted gloss black

E36 328
Jambo

3rd Dec 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff, I just polybushed my lollipops and renewed my lower arms. Difference is night ant day.

Make sure you get an Xbrace, strut brace and powerflex lollipops!
craig8
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

struggling to find any Xbraces for sale, have found these though

cost £130 delivered or i could make it for less than half of that

all the bushes etc will be getting checked when i fit the brakes and changed when i fit the coilovers
strut braces i have been looking at recently, any recomendations? prefer the OMP type to these shiny alloy ones you see everywhere

E36 328
Alex_Rally

3rd Dec 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really fancy one of these to track it
Butler

3rd Dec 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Good stuff, I just polybushed my lollipops and renewed my lower arms. Difference is night ant day.

Make sure you get an Xbrace, strut brace and powerflex lollipops!

I did the same with E30 lower arms.
craig8
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_Rally
really fancy one of these to track it

should do it mate, dirt cheap and fairly quick, can get decent power out of them for not a lot of cash too

[Edited on 03-12-2012 by craig8]

E36 328
Butler

3rd Dec 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't beat them for the money. Really happy with mine. Standard suspension is awful though!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you went for the E36 Craig much better choice seeing as it will be a track slag
craig8
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate just made more sense, the amount of cheap upgrades you can do from other models is great

E36 328
Butler

4th Dec 12 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What else you got planned Craig?
Butler

4th Dec 12 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks just like mine (prefer my ambers though!)

Alex_Rally

4th Dec 12 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do they weigh ?? can you make them loose much weight if put of a strict diet ? are there many aftermarket bolt on parts ??

just looked on autotrader, the min kerb weight on there is 1395 kgs. thanks canny heavy like same as my mondeo tdci i use for towing lol , need a truck i think

[Edited on 04-12-2012 by Alex_Rally]
craig8
Premium Member

4th Dec 12 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex - interior is pretty heavy, thick carpets and lots of sound deadening that could go too, m50 manifold and a larger bore throttle body are fairly straight forward mods, cams area bit more expensive, brakes can be upgraded to 300mm for not a lot of cash or to 325mm for a little more and lots of parts can be swapped from the z3 and other models

Butler - plans are
Bc racing coilovers
Polybush anything that needs it
Strut and chassis braces
Decent tyres
Z3M shifter
Decent lights
Fix rusty arches

Sure I've missed a few bits and bobs out, got a list of everything in my van, headlights will be getting replaced at some point along with the indicators

Interior is staying for now, will probably end up pulling it out at some point though

E36 328
Butler

4th Dec 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theyre quite heavy but well balanced. I had planned on taking my interior out but its so bloody comfortable I'm in no rush! Your plans are basically the same as mine. Even in standard form I was outperforming any car I've had in the past. Do you follow Bridge to Gantry? One of the guys on there bought a 4 door 328, fitted h&r suspension and 888s and did an 8.20 at the ring - very impressive!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E36 328 road/track car 24 database queries in 0.1784699 seconds