corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Official Flooding Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official Flooding Thread
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Nov 12 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
My village.

Probably about 4.5 ft at the lights and about 6ft on the field by the seat.

Makes my journey to work about 20 mins longer!

4.5ft at lights? The sign says 1.5ft.

The concretet that hold that sign in out the ground so about a foot above the ground but it's also on the up ramp on the bridge where the sign is. Hard to really see but trust me. It's deep. A lorry was stuck on Friday in it and it was well into the cab.
Ben G

27th Nov 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lies.

same as the people who say they had 3 foot of snow, when they actually had about 2 inches.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben

Love how when it was called out it turns out the post is 'out of the ground' lol
Laney

27th Nov 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Meh, we had this to deal with in June 2007. Bout time some other people had to deal it it.

sand-eel

27th Nov 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit strange having a marker that doesn't take into account it's base and those relective plastic markers you get everywhere are only about 2ft high...not saying it's lies but the evidence is piling up lolz lmao rofl
ShEp

27th Nov 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that's 4.5ft high then those lamp posts are fucking massive, and the traffic lights way beyond regulation height,

So I'm calling BS
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing the road, it does dip down (in line with the wall in the back ground) a come back up again there
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got back from Saudi on thursday night, taxi driver had to ford his car on my lane to get me home.
I switched a load of clothes around and came straight back out to stay at the womans place in Yeovil, couldn't get back into my place until lastnight.

No pics, been dark every time I've tried. Lane flood just got too deep to risk it.
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call bullshit if you want but as I said the concrete that holds the marker in the ground is out of the floor. That's a huge chunk of concrete. And probs 12" deep.

As robin says it dips from the bridge down then up again. The walk way is about high in the air over the road. Plus I'm not measuring to the inch here so a guess is as good as its gona get!
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
lies.

same as the people who say they are straight when they drive a convertible BMW sportster and then blatantly gay!

corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Call bullshit if you want but as I said the concrete that holds the marker in the ground is out of the floor. That's a huge chunk of concrete. And probs 12" deep.

As robin says it dips from the bridge down then up again. The walk way is about high in the air over the road. Plus I'm not measuring to the inch here so a guess is as good as its gona get!

It looks to me like the road dips down, by the lights. The depth gauge is further up the road.
3CorsaMeal

27th Nov 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this sort if thing happened around here I would be ordering an rc boat etc

I would 100% do that
pow
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing like that round here but a fair few puddles and dips filling up. Been ploughing the Alfa through everything as per dad has been saying the back roads in Chippenham are bad.
chloe16v

27th Nov 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing here, no rain at all today
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fine here, Had a shit load of rain though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The traffic that all the shut routes has created is the main problem. I am having to do a big de tour to work but would only be about 15mins extra but its taken about 40mins extra. I hate traffic.
Sam
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gheluvelt Park in Worcester earlier today:

Normally looks like this.

[Edited on 27-11-2012 by Sam]
RichR
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove up to the land of the Scotch and the roads were deathly quiet and no flooding at all between Manchester and Glasgow
Robbo

29th Nov 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno what youre all moaning about, its barely even rained in London
Nismo

30th Nov 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ours has now frozen over

Steve
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love to fly my drone over that
chloe16v

30th Nov 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are on an amber cold weather warning

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert
Ben G

30th Nov 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amber because of a bit of frost madness.

this is what happens when a country becomes a nanny state. no-one can think for themselves and just becomes a pupil, being told by the government when they can and can't drive or go out of the house.
John

30th Nov 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forecast high of 1c here tomorrow, it's been raining tonight which will have washed the salt away.

I might risk my life and go out in a 2wd car tomorrow with no winter tyres and no snow chains, possibly even tyres with less than 3mm tread.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was fish tailing my C3 earlier. That was some scary shit. Glad there were no cars coming the other way.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Official Flooding Thread 23 database queries in 0.1137722 seconds