corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » paint difference between body and bumpers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author paint difference between body and bumpers
cunningham

User status: Offline
20th Nov 12 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this common? Just got to work and looked back at the civic and noticed the back bumper was a brighter shade of red to the tailgate and rear 1/4 should i be worried?
tom130691
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plastics fade less as they dont get as hot in the sun was always my theory with my flame pink corsa
Jamie-C

20th Nov 12 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most cars are like that if you were to look, something to do with bumpers being plastic, even brand new cars the bumpers look a different colour to the rest of the car. More noticeable on silver cars from what I've seen.
cunningham

20th Nov 12 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no difference during the day it was only at night under street lighting
Tomnova16
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honda specifies for the plastics to be off colour
Most bumpers look off colour as they are at a slightly different angle to the panel.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
A2H GO

20th Nov 12 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought they used a different type of paint for the metal panels and powder paint for the bumpers, hence different shades.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope same paint. Just plastic primer which wouldn't change colour

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Graeme
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's magic. One of those things. Milano red on a Honda is very bad for it.

So annoying try to explain to customers this when they complain. Till you show them the other bumper is worse.
Graham88

20th Nov 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mazda was sprayed on the front end using the same lot of paint, the bumper & wings still looked a different colour in certain lights

It's what puts me off getting my BM sprayed tbh

[Edited on 20-11-2012 by Graham88]
cunningham

20th Nov 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked again tonight this time the opposite side and the match is as near as perfect. Front bumper is perfect match to. Bought the car from Arnold Clarke think its worth taking it back down one night to let them have a look? Its really bothering me as i like the bodywork to be perfect.
Jamie-C

20th Nov 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its normal.
N16K

20th Nov 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
checked again tonight this time the opposite side and the match is as near as perfect. Front bumper is perfect match to. Bought the car from Arnold Clarke think its worth taking it back down one night to let them have a look? Its really bothering me as i like the bodywork to be perfect.

They will laugh at you. Its all down to angle of viewing!

have you given the car a good polish?

[Edited on 20-11-2012 by N16K]
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Honda factory has a building just for painting the bumpers, and the bodies are done in a different building. They spary a batch and fit them on the production line.
cunningham

20th Nov 12 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
quote:

They will laugh at you. Its all down to angle of viewing!

have you given the car a good polish?

[Edited on 20-11-2012 by N16K]

Ive not touched the car yet with any products.

I dont agree with the angle of viewing statement. The opposite side from the same angles is perfect

I could understand if the whole bumper looked a different shade but only one side at one part
karisma_corsa

21st Nov 12 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could it be the angle the paint was applied if they were sprayed separately? I know some paints need to be painted at the same angles across all panels to achieve a uniform look across the car
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Nov 12 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. Tbh they won't do anything about it. As you haven't had the work done. It could be for a number of problems. The bumper could of been blown in, the wing painted, bumper has faded, wing faded.
taylorboosh

21st Nov 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 'mate' of mine had a full respray on his Milano ep3 as it was so bad
Munchie

21st Nov 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look at light coloured audis.....they are really bad
Paul_JC

21st Nov 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing we were told was that the plastics can be a funny thing for paint mismatch etc. I've also heard about honda painting the bumpers seperately etc but like Graeme said from the sounds of it the bumper may have been blown in and that would explain it.
John

21st Nov 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumpers match on very few modern cars.
AndyCorsaSport

22nd Nov 12 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
I've also heard about honda painting the bumpers seperately etc

This is true, if we replace a Honda bumper at work, they come pre painted from Honda. Which has obviously not been painted the same time as the car. Some Ford bumpers do too.

End of the day it's a used car, could have had a blow in etc. Especially from Arnold Clark.
cunningham

22nd Nov 12 at 03:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars only done 6k im not happy. Will take the car down Thursday night and see what they say. I will try and get pics to show the difference im sure most of you would not accept a car in the same condition.
taylorboosh

22nd Nov 12 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be happy either
Graeme
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cars only done 6k im not happy. Will take the car down Thursday night and see what they say. I will try and get pics to show the difference im sure most of you would not accept a car in the same condition.

If you bought the car 2nd hand they will most likely tell you to get fucked. You can't buy something then find stuff after your not happy with. 6k miles or not it still can have bodywork. I did a range roverr evoque with 300 miles on. Replaced the whole side and filler in bonnet and bumper. It's one of those things
Gregor

22nd Nov 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same on my car. Astra VXR, bought from Arnold Clark.

Really doesnt bother me. Had I bought it brand new I'd be taking it back, but I bought it used knowing the basics of a used vehicle.

I don't know what you're expecting from Arnold but it won't be a respray or a refund. Possibly a cut and polish to keep you quiet for the time being.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » paint difference between body and bumpers 23 database queries in 0.0131950 seconds