corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  84    85    86    87    88  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Oct 15 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
it'll be painful to drive a "boring" daily...

It's bloody awful. Trust me.
Jon_C
Premium Member

29th Oct 15 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold my 250bhp Leon for a pd130 Bora run around with the view to get a toy. I fuckin hate it
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Oct 15 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Just sold my 250bhp Leon for a pd130 Bora run around with the view to get a toy. I fuckin hate it

My daily will need to be at least a little bit fun. While I'm doing a small amount of miles, I'm thinking along the lines of a Clio 182 or something - but potentially going to be doing (much) more miles within the near future, so will get a fast diesel probably, 335D or something like that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

30th Oct 15 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my daily car, slow as fuxk Corsa c, still great fun.

BeetleGav

30th Oct 15 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Join us z4's
AndyCorsaSport

30th Oct 15 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

123d and map it. Great daily.
Wrighty

1st Nov 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

break it...

how much for t'engine and running gear
BarnshaW

1st Nov 15 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame that decision has to happen mate, I remember my old man saying to me when I got my first one that they are amazing cars , when they are not broken or needing something doing, never regretted having them but also never regretted not going back to them.

got a golf r now on a lease and real world they are just as quick a to b and I am never ever worrying about breaking it or it breaking down

You would have no trouble off loading this example if you ever had to, its been maintained superbly and is a credit to you, good luck whatever you decide
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Nov 15 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
break it...

how much for t'engine and running gear

£10k and I'll throw the rest of the car in too

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
shame that decision has to happen mate, I remember my old man saying to me when I got my first one that they are amazing cars , when they are not broken or needing something doing, never regretted having them but also never regretted not going back to them.

got a golf r now on a lease and real world they are just as quick a to b and I am never ever worrying about breaking it or it breaking down

You would have no trouble off loading this example if you ever had to, its been maintained superbly and is a credit to you, good luck whatever you decide

Cheers man, I think my main issue is that I spent the best part of a year building up parts and excitement to increase the power output of it, then once it was done - just started having silly problems with it all the time. "The Internet" says that my car should be able to run its' current power all day long without any additional issues but mainly due to poor execution, it's just been a steady one thing after another.

I'm confident to now say that it's good and it's running properly, and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

That said, I'm ready now for a proper track toy - something that can stay garaged for 90% of the time and only come out when it's nice weather or when I'm doing a track day. I could have ploughed on with the Impreza, but I don't see the point in compromising on the fact that it's got 5 seats, weighs alot, etc when I could use something a lot less practical and ultimately cheaper to keep tracking.

These cars are fetching decent money at the minute, so hopefully I can move it on quickly and at least make back some of the money I've spent on it this year. I will be taking some easy parts off to sell seperately, and I've just fitted the original 17's back on this weekend after getting them (finally) powdercoated and wrapped in brand new RE70's.

2015-11-02_09-21-52 by Kyle Townend, on Flickr

I've also picked up a set of struts and prodrive springs off of eBay which are on their way.
I'm going to go see the paint man about tidying up a few little blemishes in the paintwork.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Nov 15 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame to see it go Kyle, but i got rid of mine for near enough the same reasons, get a cheaper track car plus i needed money for a house

Blob eyes in wide track form are very saught after nowadays

3 main jap dealers keep buying scoobies and whacking 2k on top themselves, you get it ready for sale, and you will sell privately in a heartbeat

look at me, i had mine just over a year and sold it for more than what i paid for it
Ben G

5th Nov 15 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Join us z4's

could not drive a boring daily ever again. It'd be too painful
BeetleGav

6th Nov 15 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Join us z4's

could not drive a boring daily ever again. It'd be too painful

Exactly! The 3.0i engine is really fuel efficient, reliable and the cars a damn good laugh.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Abarth 500, 40mpg and immense fun sound great too
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Nov 15 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really making much progress here, most likely because I really don't WANT to make any progress

Got some standard springs/shocks. The rear shocks are actually KYB aftermarket jobbies which I didn't realise from the eBay ad - in theory it means these won't have the knocking rear issue that I had all them years ago before coilovers

I'll clean them up either way, then get them fitted soon. Putting it off because once I take the KW's off, I throw away the money I spent on alignment a few weeks ago and I commit myself to selling the car!

It's been slow to start the past few days, stuck trickle harger on it last night and it now fires up instantly. It was looking particularly ace in the carpark today when I walked back to it - keep getting pangs of regret for something I've not even done yet Car has turned me into a right girl.

I've pretty much decided on a replacement though, to keep my mind off of it. Think I'm going to go for an Elise 111R, 2005/2006 it has the 190bhp Toyota engine and is a good base for supercharging. I want one in Red or something like that, I miss having a car colour that properly pops when you polish it up.

VX220 NA is also tempting me, as it's much cheaper as a base car and I can stick a SC kit on to bring it in at the same-ish money as a standard 111R - but the aesthetics of the Lotus are appealing to me a bit more.

Really couldn't GAF about what daily I get, need to make sure my "toy" is replaced ASAP so I can get on with a project again, every job on the Impreza is turning into a chore now.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Nov 15 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The vx would be faster given the same cash investement, will probably lap faster aswell. Just the charger alone will see 250bhp.

Dont forget to come see me before you make your choice tho.

Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Nov 15 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
The vx would be faster given the same cash investement,

No arguments there!

Been out in a VX220 Turbo too, standard level of tune and I thought it was ace - so not ruling them out either.

The Elise (specifically S2) is just appealing a little bit more because of really daft things, aesthetics and interior being a bit more up to date... but ultimately this will be a function over form car, so I need to keep context.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Nov 15 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to get over to mine while the weather is decent
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Nov 15 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
while the weather is decent

When did you move to Spain?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyCorsaSport

13th Nov 15 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you been out in Chris's at all Kyle? If not I highly recommend it. Silly quick last time I went out in it, and it's got more power since then
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Nov 15 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Nov 15 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard suspension struts/prodrive springs fitted over the weekend. Despite their rough appearance, they don't squeek rattle or groan, and it rides fine.

In fact, I forgot how compliant the car was in standard form. I'd really question the decision to go for coilovers on a road car ever gain, a daily driven one at least.

No question the coilover adjustment is really, really useful for trackdays - but ofr pushing on with road driving, I can achieve 99% of what I can with standard stuff on the car!

It sits like an off roader now though

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 15 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weather is dry today...
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Nov 15 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been at work

Off Thurs/Fri - but I'll be homebound as car will be getting touched up ready for sale.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Nov 15 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold KWs within a few hours of listing, also shifted my Prodrive 18's.

The Lotus/VX220 kitty is already filling up

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 15 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff

<<  84    85    86    87    88  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.1257670 seconds