corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple Announcement

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple Announcement
mwg

User status: Offline
24th Oct 12 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Galaxy S3 is a lot smaller than I thought it was then.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need a slap
Wrighty

24th Oct 12 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no retina on the imacs, thats a WTF, create some flagship display then dont roll it out across the board?

couldnt give a toss about the tablet market i have no need for one but no retina on the mini ipad either..
Bart

24th Oct 12 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
The hardware isn't, the product is
How so?

By the fact it's already been superseded by another product from the same company with higher specs?!

[Edited on 24-10-2012 by Bart]
Bart

24th Oct 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I don't see why pow and Bart are pissed off that there is a new iPad? It's not like they've totally changed it. They haven't improved on the screen as it's already the dogs danglies, it's got that new lightning port and I bet you can't tell the difference speed wise between this version and previous one . It's not really a new iPad at all, it's an S version.

Aside from the lightning port I bet you wouldn't even tell them apart

[Edited on 24-10-2012 by mwg]

Couldn't give a toss about the lightning port, it's a nice addition but its 2 years too late now iCloud is around. I don't recall the last time I even plugged my device in.

Yes the processor and and camera is marginally better but it's more the fact it was quite a c*ntish thing to do so quickly
Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
By the fact it's already been superseded by another product from the same company with higher specs?!
Still don't get it. What about the 3rd gen iPad is different now compared to yesterday?

What has happened with the iPad getting a slightly faster processor after 6 months is nothing uncommon in the laptop world.

But just to be clear, you would prefer the technology to evolve more slowly?

Whittie

24th Oct 12 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish the ipad mini came out a few months ago when I bought an ipad and playbook
Rob_Quads

24th Oct 12 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
no retina on the imacs, thats a WTF, create some flagship display then dont roll it out across the board?

lol. Do you realise the sort of resolutions you would need to be pushing to make the iMac retina? Your talking about the realms of higher than 4K screens. They are only just managing to produce these in 40/50"+. To shink it down to 27" in a hugh step in tech that no-one has made yet.

It will happen in time but there have not even been technology previews of that sort of size of screen with that definition
LeeM

24th Oct 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Still don't get it. What about the 3rd gen iPad is different now compared to yesterday?

What has happened with the iPad getting a slightly faster processor after 6 months is nothing uncommon in the laptop world.

think its more about being able to buy on release and knowing 11 months later you start to prepare to sell it so you can get the most for it and upgrade, allowing you to have up to date kit for minimal outlay.
however what has changed since yesterday is the ipad 3 is now 1 step closer to being unsupported.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt the iphone 5 retina? or have i missed some apple mumbo jumbo along the line here?
pow
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've purposely released the iPad mini without a retina display, within 6 months the nutjob Cook will release a new iPad Mini OOOHHH WOWOOOWWWOOO LOOKK AT IT'S RETINA DISPLAY.
Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
what has changed since yesterday is the ipad 3 is now 1 step closer to being unsupported.
How would you know? I think it will be supported with software updates for as long as the previous ones.

As for your other comment, you can hardly blame Apple for you wanting to buy a newer product before you can afford it. It's not their job to keep the second hand value of their products up.

This whole "getting mad at Apple for improving their products" thing is really, really, really strange to me.

Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Its common in the PC world, where things are two a penny and items are cheaper. Theres also no stigma attached to PC items, and regardless of what people think, a lot of people do buy Apple products as a status symbol.

Apple are operating more like developing PC hardware and bringing out new stuff as and when it changes, this is going to water down the market as it has done in the PC world, people like Apple because its exclusive, out of date products are not as exclusive, and people will grow tired of trying to keep up every 6 months

[Edited on 24-10-2012 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also using lies now i see

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/23/the-ipad-mini-vs-the-nexus-7-a-showdown-of-miniature-proportions/#comment-690759198

[Edited on 24-10-2012 by Steve]
Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
They've purposely released the iPad mini without a retina display, within 6 months the nutjob Cook
I seriously doubt they will release an iPad mini with a higher pixel density than the regular iPad.

Wrighty

24th Oct 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
They've purposely released the iPad mini without a retina display, within 6 months the nutjob Cook will release a new iPad Mini OOOHHH WOWOOOWWWOOO LOOKK AT IT'S RETINA DISPLAY.

this, its the company all over. constantly evolving its range, and hopefully getting more coin outta people.
Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
people like Apple because its exclusive, out of date products are not as exclusive, and people will grow tired of trying to keep up every 6 months

pow
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
They've purposely released the iPad mini without a retina display, within 6 months the nutjob Cook
I seriously doubt they will release an iPad mini with a higher pixel density than the regular iPad.

I like you Balling, but, I'll bet my left bollock on the fact that a retina iPad is coming within 6 months
Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like you too Pow.

Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
also using lies now i see

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/23/the-ipad-mini-vs-the-nexus-7-a-showdown-of-miniature-proportions/#comment-690759198
Oh my God, they showed only the advantages and not the disadvantages of their products? BASTARDS!!!

And here I believed the best way to get a fair comparison of two products was to ask one of the manufacturers if theirs is the best.

pow
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Nexus 7 isn't great either. Someone needs to make an iPad looker with a decent screen and decent build of Andriod
Bart

24th Oct 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Indeed, and cars get faster engines but we're not talking about cars or laptops, we're talking about a single product from a single company.
Yes, releasing a revised product only 6 months apart isn't great IMO
LeeM

24th Oct 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

doesnt need a higher density, the same pixel density will make it retina
pow
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alfa still haven't facelifted the MiTo
Balling
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, releasing a revised product only 6 months apart isn't great IMO
Surely it will mean more competition and better products for the consumer?

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll