corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C16XE Nova & Corsa C

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE Nova & Corsa C
tomt12343

User status: Offline
12th Jun 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wheels are growing on me! looks good from that angle
SimonTW

14th Jun 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the pic Christopher!

PVS was brilliant! I got a few pics myself. I think the blue calipers have to go next though as they look a bit to "in your face"
A few pics from Performance Vauxhall Show. The car made it down and back and didn't miss a beat. I added my Lexan front windows before the show too. It got a lot of attention on the way down and lots of thumbs up from passers by (show goers and just normal cars lol). I wasn't too sure if I would keep the wheels gold but I they have really grown on me now so they are staying.

[Edited on 22-10-2013 by SimonTW]
gidged500
Premium Member

14th Jun 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I understand why you want my callipers ha ha
SimonTW

19th Jul 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the last few weeks have been stressful owning this. I was very happy with the car

A few weeks ago I noticed a few drops of coolant on the drive way so I popped the bonnet and firstly noticed this on the front of the gearbox...

Then after a bit more investigating I found this...

I booked it in for a head gasket change and luckily around the same time the water pump started making a horrific noise so I decided to get the head gasket done and all the cambelt and water pump stuff done too. I took it to the same place I use for my Mini as they are normally spot on. I dropped it off on a Wednesday with the view of collecting it on a Saturday. Saturday came and I was told it would be ready Monday. Then Monday I was told it would be ready Tuesday and so on until the end of the week came. After a week I lost my patience with them messing me about and giving me bullshit excuses about waiting on tools to arrive etc.

Finally after 13 whole days I got the car back. Luckily there was no damage to the car (which I was concerned about being stuck at a garage for so long), just the usual dirt and oily hand prints everywhere.

My Mantzel inlet is fitted on too. They managed to lose the throttle cable bracket (which annoyed me more than I was already) so they had to modify the old one to get it sorted. Just changing that is supposed to add 10-15bhp and then I'd get a little more having the map tweeked and the rev limit raised but I'd also need ARP rod bolts fitted.

It needs a good clean and all the wiring tidying up. I'm not 100% sure on the blue now so I might change them to crinkle black too
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

19th Jul 13 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova looked mint at pv mate love the gold cav expressions
gidged500
Premium Member

19th Jul 13 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I see that blue it reminds me of you if go with black crinkle for the rest will look smarter
SimonTW

8th Aug 13 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isn't alot to update on this one. I've just been using it and enjoying it mainly.

I decided to get some pictures of it last night as it was fairly mild and I'd just given it a wash.

(I still need a lot of practice.)

gidged500
Premium Member

8th Aug 13 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace that is all that needs to be said
Robin
Premium Member

8th Aug 13 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldn't need ARP bolts if you keep the rev limit at 7200rpm, any higher than that and you'll want themX
SimonTW

22nd Sep 13 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Nova has taken a bit of a back burner lately with me wanting to sell it. I turned my attention back to the Mini (which I also want to sell)

Stuck the wheels back on it and gave it a detail. It's now on an auction site with a 99p start price.

[Edited on 22-09-2013 by SimonTW]
gidged500
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels look great !!
SimonTW

4th Oct 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mini has now sold on ebay. It went for a pretty low amount considering how much I had in the wheels. I wanted to replace it with a nice small economical car for cheap running and it had to be a 5 door due to being an expectant father so I've replaced it with this.

1.2 Design 5 Door. About as boring as it gets to be honest but was low mileage, in great condition and was fairly well priced. I pick it up tomorrow.

[Edited on 04-10-2013 by SimonTW]
SimonTW

20th Oct 13 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me being me though I had to start with the mods less than a week after picking it up so I got busy over the weekend.

Picked up some coilovers

Found a set of wheels. (I know these are to the Corsa C what the Speedline Allesio is to the Nova and the Corsa B but they just work so well together)

A good breakfast for a morning of modding.

A promising sign

Rear end coming together nicely. I left the adjusters in for the first time ever although I've since wound them all the way down.

And done... I have dropped the back another 15mm since this pic was taken though.

And some pics from this evening. I do love my night time photography lol.

gidged500
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Irmscher splitter and a back box
Christopher

20th Oct 13 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How wide are your fronts buddy? Looks good
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not seen this thread before, Mini looks awesome, shame you had to sell it, really liked it
SimonTW

21st Oct 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Irmscher splitter and a back box

Backbox Yes! Splitter No. Thinking something smaller and more subtle like a Espace or Ibiza one.

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
How wide are your fronts buddy? Looks good

Just 6's. I'd like to go up to a 7 in future but at the moment there is no scrubbing so that's a good side to it. The downside is the Nankang 165 are narrower than the boggo arrowspeeds I took off with the steelies.

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
Not seen this thread before, Mini looks awesome, shame you had to sell it, really liked it

Thanks!
Christopher

21st Oct 13 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one! Looks very clean buddy!
gidged500
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You told me not to go for an Ibiza one espace one no
SimonTW

21st Oct 13 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said not to get a Leon one. Ibiza (early one) one is fine.
gidged500
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah you did I appogise
M Sutton

21st Oct 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lush!! Great pics mate

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C16XE Nova & Corsa C 23 database queries in 0.1122420 seconds