corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C16XE Nova & Corsa C

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE Nova & Corsa C
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Apr 13 at 06:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amber indicators look awesome ! Glad your getting it sorted shame its showing it's age a bit at least it's getting sorted, the hoses look good reminds me to get mine bought, you havnt text me back yet either ignorant
SimonTW

7th Apr 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made an early start this morning. I got the welders unit and whipped the front end off ready for him to arrive and get cracking. I drilled the welds out from the strut between the slam panel and cross member. The only reason for this was to make it easier to remove and refit the radiator. I've made it so I can refit it with nuts and bolts though.

Jonathan attacking the car with his wire wheel grinder

On first look I thought it was actually not as bad as I thought.

The worst side

On the whole, the front panel isn't too bad. It's something I want to replace in the future as it's a bit battered but for now its okay hidden behind the bumper.

It turned out the second skin was the rustiest part so Jonathan cut out all the rust. I was hoping it could be done alot neater but there was quite a lot of affected metal underneath.

Jonathan waving the magic welding wand about

Patched up and seam welded. I didn't do the strengthening panels on the tie bar brackets as they didn't arrive in the post in time.

Then I just silver hammerited to cover the welds up and threw it back together. Job jobbed!
*CorsaCal*

7th Apr 13 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good matey. This is a beautiful nova!
Christopher

7th Apr 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent buddy! Love this little nova
toc1

19th Apr 13 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the brake lines come as a kit or did you have to purchase everything separately? What was the breakdown of the kit?
SimonTW

23rd Apr 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought all the bits separately. I basically just drew a diagram of how I wanted the lines to sit throughout the car and what fittings I would need to connect it all together.
Jed D

23rd Apr 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great work, loving it... keep it coming
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the use of a connector block here

Car looks great though, nice and simple
SimonTW

23rd Apr 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have since upgraded it to a solonoid mounted in the tailgate but it still uses the looped wire and connector block to release it.
SimonTW

10th May 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a little update. I want to be able to take it to a few local meets and maybe PVS / Retro Rides without being embarrassed about the condition of it so I've booked it in with a mate of my Dad's for a respray. He's been doing it longer than I have been alive and was the guy who did my smooth bumpers last time round so I have faith it will look good. Plus, it can't really look any worse!

I did think about telling him to do it yellow and just replicating this car!

A few "before" pictures!

It's staying very much the same. He's going to change the front wings and roll them, sort the rear arches and roll them also. Remove the holes in the tailgate. Take all the glass out and then full hit it in silver and then paint the new bumpers and grill in the RAL colour I have painted the handles and mirrors in. It's going to be a long 3 weeks until I pick it up.
gidged500
Premium Member

10th May 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see it done ! And get my splitter back 3 weeks is going to drag !
SimonTW

31st May 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few updates from my thread on PNG

18/5/13
I popped down to see the car yesterday. Not a lot had been done on it apart from being rubbed down on the exterior. The front wings had been whipped off though so I got chance to see if there was any nastyness lurking behind them. I was pleasantly surprised to see its all pretty solid still.

26/5/13
I'm a bit unsure on this mod now but i'll see it through for performance vauxhall show if its ready in time. I didnt go to any massive effort on them being a car I drive hard. If I like the way they look once fitted i'll have them refurbed properly and maybe have the lips done silver/polished. New rubber arrived too. I normally use Camskill but gave EARS motorsport a try this time and they were spot on. I wanted to go for a lower profile than the 50's I have on the fanblades so went for a 45. I had to get a Toyo PX4 as the T1 are out of stock with Toyo.

I spoke to the painter and he is confident in it being ready to collect next Saturday.

Today
Not a lot to update but just a little update. I got home last night to find this posted through (thanks Hobbit), so the pressure is really on now. It's 10 years since I was last at the show with my red baby valver so I'm pretty excited about being there.

I managed to pick up a new screen locally for £50 which I didn't think was too bad. I dropped that off at the painters unit last night along with a few other bits and took a few progress pictures.

Christopher

31st May 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So glad this is going to be at pvs! Cant wait to see it buddy!
gidged500
Premium Member

31st May 13 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good cant wait to pick it up on Tuesday with you !
SimonTW

4th Jun 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Christopher! I just hope it's up to show standard.

Called into national and had my wheels tyred up!

Picking up the car later today! I'm both excited and anxious as hell!
M Sutton

4th Jun 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it will look good on those wheels mate!
Christopher

4th Jun 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think gold was a big jump and I loved the anthra fans it was so well suited but I guess you got to change to keep it looking fresh!! I can't wait to see it buddy
SimonTW

5th Jun 13 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked it up last night.
M Sutton

5th Jun 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fresh! Not sure on the wheel colour tbh but does look much better.
SimonTW

5th Jun 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure on it yet either. I dont think this style wheel would suit being the dark grey colour though. I might try a set of 16" too as I think 15's look a little small on the 45 tyres.
Generation

5th Jun 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New paint and colour is awesome! Wheels don't suit at all though IMO
Christopher

5th Jun 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above! Loved the anthra fans but new paints looking fresh
gidged500
Premium Member

6th Jun 13 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the wheels but my old fanblades looked good my old expressions look good!
BeetleGav

6th Jun 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow that's looking nice! I kinda like the wheels. It's something different
Christopher

12th Jun 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C16XE Nova & Corsa C 23 database queries in 0.1075099 seconds