corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I've just joined...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I've just joined...
Ben J

User status: Offline
25th Sep 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lower leagues always better according to you two tho.
Nath

25th Sep 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheaper.
Ben J

25th Sep 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed.
mwg

25th Sep 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a really good deal. Apart from the jacket! The train ticket would probably normally cost £51 on it's own!
JonnyJ

25th Sep 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Lower leagues always better according to you two tho.

It certainly has many distinct advantages, like not having to join what sounds like a version of scouts to go to games. All dressed in your lovely yellow uniforms
JonnyJ

25th Sep 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Sounds like a really good deal. Apart from the jacket! The train ticket would probably normally cost £51 on it's own!

Not if you book in advance. I've just booked our tickets to Plymouth and back. It's costing me £26. Return. For a 12 hour round trip.
mwg

25th Sep 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's good. London has always been a bastard for me to get cheap train tickets for even a long time in advance.
Russ

25th Sep 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scouts
JonnyJ

25th Sep 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe easier for us being on the east side. The Plymouth trip is done in two parts, Donny to kings cross, then from there to Plymouth. The Donny to KX part costs something stupid like £7

Just got to keep an eye when they release thier advance tickets and snap them up quick because the cheap prices go fast.

Alternatively just go with mates in a car. £18 each between 4 of us for Exeter and back, travelodge cost £15 each. Pretty decent for a long away trip.
Ben J

25th Sep 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to post pics of me in my jacket. You'll all be jealous.
Toby
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Times like this I'm so glad I support the club I do. I could not do that, I like to go to games, with a group of mates, hit the pubs pre game, roll into the ground at 2:55, then hit some more pubs after.

If this was the only viable way I could get to a game it would be enough to put me off for good. I hope we never make the premier league.

exactly the same! Going to be gutted when they move grounds as the casual stroll from town.via a couple of boozers is going to change!
K2 GTi

25th Sep 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JonnyJ talks sense and knows what he's talking about.

Fuck the flask drinking glory cunts who buy replica shirts and share a picnic during the game.

Cunts . Glad I'm not a glory supporter too as attend regular so if we do make the PL ill still have priority over mongs
Ben J

25th Sep 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you shouldn't buy a replica shirt now?

Fuck me. Get a grip.
JonnyJ

26th Sep 12 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Times like this I'm so glad I support the club I do. I could not do that, I like to go to games, with a group of mates, hit the pubs pre game, roll into the ground at 2:55, then hit some more pubs after.

If this was the only viable way I could get to a game it would be enough to put me off for good. I hope we never make the premier league.

exactly the same! Going to be gutted when they move grounds as the casual stroll from town.via a couple of boozers is going to change!

I want a shuttle bus that arrives at MX at 2:55 or I will not be happy. If you're in the ground before the teams come out you know you've wasted valuable drinking time and should hang your head in shame.
Jamie Walby

26th Sep 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say good on you Ben if it helps you get to games. Sounds like a good deal.
Marc

26th Sep 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is ace!!!

Johny - I went to the York v Bristol FA Cup game in 2006 and that was a bit like you said. Meeting point outside the club bar, tickets handed out and plan for the afternoon!

I also used to take a flask to York games when Portakabin sponsored them

One of my old jobs there was a guy that was member of a United club. You had to be a One United member (£20) then join their division (£24) and all that did was give you a greater chance of tickets No stupid jacket though!
Ben J

26th Sep 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I say good on you Ben if it helps you get to games. Sounds like a good deal.

Toby
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:

I want a shuttle bus that arrives at MX at 2:55 or I will not be happy. If you're in the ground before the teams come out you know you've wasted valuable drinking time and should hang your head in shame.

Yeah that's exactly what we need. Though caught me out first home game of the season as arrived at 2.40 (after deciding.to have another pint in the bootham tavern) and I missed kick off as they were queued out of the gates!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I've just joined... 23 database queries in 0.0144539 seconds