corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part worn tyres...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Part worn tyres...
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
15th Sep 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
Surely if it's wall came apart in 50 miles you could take it back If it's faulty?
Yep, probably still have to buy a new tyre then wait for the claim from the manufacturer which can take some time however.
Bonney

15th Sep 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its black, Round, has legal tread, no damage to side walls and holds air it does for me.
Graham88

15th Sep 12 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aslong as it's in date, worn evenly then fuck yeah

My R888's were 2nd hand, saved me a fortune. I'd buy more 2nd hand tyres if my sizes came up but I am picky and want to run the same tyres and Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 in 265/30/19 is quite a specific search for a part worn.

Don't personally see the problem. I'd buy one that was puncture repaired if it was priced right.
gez bay

15th Sep 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4mm is hardly anything. You can't use 1.6mm of that.

But £20 is a bargain. Biggest thing that annoys me is how much fitting costs now. It's shocking
Wrighty

15th Sep 12 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your keeping the car, its a false econemy. if your buying them to get a car through MOT and sell for example, its a quick win
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or if you get them for nothing, fitted for nothing etc, complete win hence why i keep certain sizes.
scottyp1989

15th Sep 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I agree it doesn't make sense why you keep buying part worn tyres when you've never had no problems with them, bit silly that

How's buying a tyre when one is needed silly? You need to think your replays through more.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scottyp1989

16th Sep 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope that facepalm is on your part
Dave

16th Sep 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve's being pedantic, "never had no problems" is a double negative, implies you've never had an instance where you've bought part worns with no problems, should've said never had any problems.
Johnjourno

16th Sep 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run part worns, depending on which car, My Polo 9N Sport I've only put new on, but only put 6 tyres on in 3 years, it had Bridgestones on when I bought it, when the winter came I was on 1mm front and less than 3 rear so shot a set of Marshal tyres on recommendation as the fitter had done a track day on them and sworn by them, £340 for 4, which I thought was reasonable for 205/40R16's, and they didn't last that long on the front, but are still 6mm on the rear, put some Toyo's on the front and they're far better in performance, wearing about the same,

My Vectra B DTI needed a tyre, I was at a scrap yard for something a while back, and the lad there asked if mine was 4 or 5 stud, anyway bought a budget tyre on a steel rim the exact same size as mine with 6mm tread for £15, and since bought 4 steel wheels in the same size although 3 were trash in the end, but one was 6mm tread, won on eBay for £17, gave him £15 and took them all, I'll just weigh in the other rims and got a wheel and tyre for £15 again

The Corsa I now have has 3 spare wheels, as the owner was going on the Crumball Rally and his spare wheel has a very severely bucked rim, so we bought 2 with budget tyres for £20, both with 5mm

I now put part worn tyres on my motorbike, and my brothers. My brother used to do 35 miles a day on his bike on his work commute and was running them square, front tyres new were £100, rears were £150, and I got part worns with 4-6mm for £8 each and paid a local tyre fitter £10 to fit and balance them, saved him a fortune

My advice is if buying tyres from a private seller, it is always better to buy on a rim, as you can see the condition of the rim and know it isn't crash damaged or leaking, but loads of tyre fitting companies stock part worns, most scrap yards stock part worns fitted from £10
Karina

17th Sep 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always used part worns.. up until now.
ive never been bothered about spending a lot of money on my car, as long as its road legal im not bothered.
I pay £25 each for my part worns, at my local tyre shop. they get them over from germany.
I think by the end of november i might be purchasing new tyres as my car is having a Big face lift
GteRedtop

17th Sep 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Aslong as it's in date, worn evenly then fuck yeah

My R888's were 2nd hand, saved me a fortune. I'd buy more 2nd hand tyres if my sizes came up but I am picky and want to run the same tyres and Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 in 265/30/19 is quite a specific search for a part worn.

Don't personally see the problem. I'd buy one that was puncture repaired if it was priced right.

Aslong as their in date? Plz explain

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part worn tyres... 22 database queries in 0.0131359 seconds