corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rear drivers wheel come of while driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear drivers wheel come of while driving
x16xecorsa

User status: Offline
   5th Sep 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all right my rear wheel had been squeling for a while and last night it decided to come of with the hub still attatched even thow the bolt is still attached to the end of the shaft, it turns out all the outter bearings have collapsed the inner one is sound, can you change the outter hub bearings?? and any ideas why the hub came of?
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this happen

all i needed was a bearing and a new stub axle
Generation

5th Sep 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stub axle on eBay for around £25 and bearing around £10. So should cost £35 to sort hopefully

[Edited on 09-09-2012 by Ian]
_Allan_

5th Sep 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slammed
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its kinda true though, you can usualy hear a rear bearing and should atleast try and find out what the noise is,

mine was purely an apprentice at a pikey garage fitted it for free and didnt put any grease in it
Aleex

5th Sep 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL. cant stop laughing at the above picture
vx-scottw
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry couldnt help but laff at the pic
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl knew tom would reply 1st

after seein ghtread title

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by FAZ]
x16xecorsa

5th Sep 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do i need a stub mine looks ok, and can i buy hub bearing so outer bearing basically
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
5th Sep 12 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stub is usually wise as a precaution because something must have caused the bearing to fail and they can chew the stub on the way off.

If there's a bit of play you might find it'll eat the next set because that play introduces premature wear.

Generally if its not scored or bright blue you should be OK.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bearings come as a set with both the inner and the outer, change both, the inner one will have been damaged by the wheel not running straight due to the collapsed outer. I think it was only £17 when I bought them, that might have even been 2 sets.
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£9 ish from gsf for a bearing did mine two days ago,

my stub axle sheared hence my wheel removing itself
x16xecorsa

5th Sep 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Stub is usually wise as a precaution because something must have caused the bearing to fail and they can chew the stub on the way off.

If there's a bit of play you might find it'll eat the next set because that play introduces premature wear.

Generally if its not scored or bright blue you should be OK.

mine isnt chewed or blue it just ripped outer bearing to pieces can u buy outer bearings mate
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you get both bearings in a set
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom rezident cs mechanik y0
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
tom rezident cs mechanik y0

wheel bearing expert
x16xecorsa

5th Sep 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh ryt cheers for all youre help lads thanks alot, why do the hubs come of thow? seems dangerous tbh
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Sep 12 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the bearing would normally take up the space, once that has failed there's nothing between the castle nut and the drum.
x16xecorsa

5th Sep 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh ryt i get you, do the bearings just knock out?
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Sep 12 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bearings will fall out, you might be thinking of the races - the metal rings - yes they will knock out.

Can someone confirm that answer, I've not done Corsa ones for a while - based my post on trailer parts
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah need a puch/screw driver and just tap them out then use the old ones to tap the new ones in
x16xecorsa

5th Sep 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ryt ill get onto it tommorow then ive got a bearing mallet so use that
Generation

5th Sep 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The racers also sometimes get stuck on the stub axle. If I was you replace the whole lot f bearings/racers.
I just replaced bearing on mrs Corsa, 2 weeks later and it's gone again. Otherside that I changed (with stub axle) has been fine. So will replace stub axle now or same issue will keep happening.
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should always do the race's
x16xecorsa

5th Sep 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the races?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rear drivers wheel come of while driving 22 database queries in 0.1618791 seconds