corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Genuine Portfolio People....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Genuine Portfolio People....
James

User status: Offline
31st Aug 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, what are you making your "trading" decisions based on?

I think for stuff like CFDs and Spread Betting you need to be constantly adjusting your positions. You are so highly leveraged that the smallest move in share price can wipe you out so you need to really keep on top of it. That's why I think that unless you really know what you are doing and like doing technical analysis on price charts, something longer term like iii.co.uk is a better shout.

It's £10 a trade but you would probably be trading higher volume and holding onto the positions longer term.
Dan
Premium Member

31st Aug 12 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said, I'm purely pissing about seeing how it all works etc.

I've just been pickin totally random things and setting it to sell at 2% profit or loss. Dividing my balance by 4 and spreading it across the random things.

Just more interesting seeing it all happen and how quic it changes. Once I get laptop back from dell I will starting reading up etc. it's 20 free so can't lose any money.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Whittie

3rd Sep 12 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed up Dan, wouldn't let me go on as it asked about experience, so had to tell a porky there, did you?

How are you doing? £20 doesn't seem enough??
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never asked about experience? You using on iPhone?

20 isn't enough to make millions but I have no idea what I'm doing. Took a chance on 3 lots of shares today. Set loss limits of 2%. And sell at 2%. All of them just about hit sell limit and all of a sudden 1 has sold due to loss and the other two are nearly at the limit for loss.

Down to 19.50 equity now.

Whittie

3rd Sep 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much does it cost for each time you sell Dan? Or Buy.. what are the fee's?

What have you bought so far if you don't mind me asking.

Edit: Yes, iPhone mate.

[Edited on 03-09-2012 by Whittie]
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm it's a small percentage. But it's already accounted for in the price you buy at. Same with selling its taken out. So profit/loss shown on your open page is exactly what u get.

I've got Barclays and bmps

Both down a fraction losing like 70p with 10er invested

Tom G

3rd Sep 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BA. GSK
Whittie

3rd Sep 12 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edit: Sorted it.

Edit 2: Finished today on £21.12

[Edited on 03-09-2012 by Whittie]
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
BA. GSK

?

Dom

3rd Sep 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
BA. GSK

?

Talking about GlaxoSmithKline and BAE i suspect. Not sure about buying into those stock unless Tom knows something we don't.

[Edited on 03-09-2012 by Dom]
James

3rd Sep 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely BA = British Airways?
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt find ba on uk shares :/ found gsk though.

I've lost about 4 quid today lol

Dan
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also whittie did u notice that if u hold shares after closing u incur a % fee, which u get every night and it adds up quickly. So I assume it's best to close by end of day unless u don't mind incurring a fee

Dan
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did quite a bit of reading up on cfd's last night and now have a good understanding of what cfd's are and all about things like margin and that. I watched a few YouTube videos of technical analysis, I cant link the video as I'm on iPhone and was looking on iPad. But the guy was looking at a graph of a share price, and explaining how he decides what to buy at and what price to sell at. Basically he was looking at the 6 month lows, there's was around 3 all at say 1 per share. Then there was 3 peaks after the lows of say 2 per share. He was saying he would only ever buy at the low of 1 and sell just below the 2.

Is that a method Alot of people use? When I had a glance over a few shares very few had a similar pattern, so I assume it doesn't work in most cases.

It's really really interesting though. Shows another side to how the world really revolves.

Dave

4th Sep 12 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Surely BA = British Airways?

British Airways is IAG now.
Whittie

4th Sep 12 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Also whittie did u notice that if u hold shares after closing u incur a % fee, which u get every night and it adds up quickly. So I assume it's best to close by end of day unless u don't mind incurring a fee

How much was the fee, Went to bed last night and didn't close either of the two I had open and had £21.05, woke up and had the same...?

On £22.47 atm
Balling
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Plus500 thing is actually quite addictive. Sign up bonus is only 15£ over here, but got that to 22.6£ in two hours with a lucky purchase.

Hedge fund manager in a matter of days at this rate.

Whittie

4th Sep 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
That Plus500 thing is actually quite addictive. Sign up bonus is only 15£ over here, but got that to 22.6£ in two hours with a lucky purchase.

Hedge fund manager in a matter of days at this rate.

Better than nothing!

I've lost a pound so far. Might change them in an hour or so

Dan
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fee depends on share. Say on each one premium or something.

The thing I like about this is you can dabble and learn for very small amounts.

Putting 20 quid bets in doesn't appeal to me now. Where as spending small amounts in this where I could learn and build up a small "portfolio" over time for a bit of a hobby does.

Dan
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fee at this size isn't an issue. When u think it costs about a tenner to buy shares normally the 10p ish fee a day is minimal

Balling
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to cash in the 7.6£ and call it a day but not allowed to withdraw less than 30£.

Dan
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you met the 60 trading points to clear the bonus

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Putting 20 quid bets in doesn't appeal to me now. Where as spending small amounts in this where I could learn and build up a small "portfolio" over time for a bit of a hobby does.

Its all betting.
Balling
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huh? Trading points?

[Edited on 04-09-2012 by Balling]

Dan
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Dan

Its all betting.

Not saying it isn't. Just putting money on football or a horse doesn't appeal to me no more.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Genuine Portfolio People.... 23 database queries in 0.1447818 seconds