corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Genuine Portfolio People....

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Genuine Portfolio People....
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
24th Feb 14 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
Robbo

25th Feb 14 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
And continuing to recover after I sold

Should be happy with my 23% return, could have bloody 40+ though.

Was thinking of a bit of Ukrainianian currency on Forex but I can't find any pairs. That's going to be be on the way up I'm sure if its not already done so.
hope you dfidnt find anyhting on ukrainian currency...
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Feb 14 at 02:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Ukrainian+currency+hryvnia+hits+alltime+against+dollar+amid/9549005/story.html

No, didn't find any way of trading them.

Got to come back up at some point - they've got contingency from both the IMF and Russia.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 14 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a way

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EURJPY=X
James

4th Mar 14 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost about £200 yesterday in a single day. My investments are long term though, so I'm not fussed.

In fact, I should stop checking it every day
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 14 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always find if I sit watching, I either don't close them early enough when they start to drop, or fag out and close the moment they go up a bit.

Best gains have been when I've set them up at 3am and set limits, which normally then come in within about half an hour of the main day's activity.

Could have been cheekier on the EUR/JPY pair as its stayed above my lower limit all day and is now higher than I closed. But I'd rather bank a 50% gain on the stake than wait for more and not get it.

Best ever way to do it is to buy, watch it go up, set a lower limit to break even and then go to bed. Done a few like that where the wins are 100%+ sheer cheeky because I feel good and the loss trigger is the buy price so you've actually lost nothing.

Different matter if it was big amounts of money, I'm not brave enough to be in three figures yet

[Edited on 04-03-2014 by Ian]
Dan
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My method now is to use the technical analysis, rather than fundamental (although any major fundamental announcements due etc get taken into consideration).

I generally pick something I am expecting to rise/fall, set an order to buy/sell at the rate I think it will need to pass to begin going further into profit. Set a stop loss at the other side of the rate I expect it to continue going against me. I then leave the close position open, and see where things go. Adjusting the stop loss when in profit to usually the second from last bars low.

That way, im happy that its going to go in my favour, but if it doesn't, my loss is minimal, but my gain will be considerably more than I have risked.

Having said that, I have given up with the copy trader idea, and going it solo now I have a better understanding, as the guy I followed lost me 100% of what I had invested in him, which was a considerable sum to me. Having seen his flaws of no minimising loss strategy, I went away from him.

It actually left me with under $100 on Friday at the close. On my own, im back up to 4 times that this week. Hopefully what I have learnt is going to work long term. Im happy to take the losses I risk, so long as I continue to make the bigger gains regular. Its all a big learning circle.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
James

4th Mar 14 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For technical analysis to be effective, don't you pretty much have to monitor your positions in real time?

Also, what markets are you trading? Technical analysis is better suited to some markets compared to others. Should be OK using TA if it's just FX.
Dan
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea just forex. Monitor it in real time if u wanna trade the swings, but I look for more longer durations, as in 12+ hours. Gives you a better hit ratio as you have more data to work with imo.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Mar 14 at 01:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=RENN

On the climb, some people suggesting $7, currently £4.78
James

6th Mar 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made my £200 back

Will be doubling my account balance as soon as we are in the new tax year, will be looking for some new investments too, haven't changed things for a while.

Anybody got any good dividend paying stock?
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Mar 14 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had some Nikkei yesterday, wobbled about a bit after the rise so I fagged out and sold, today its up another 100 points.

Would have been well up but didn't commit
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jun 14 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Airbus taken a tumble after Emirates cancel an order for 70 aircraft.

Spokesman reckons they'll still fill order slots until 2020.

I've placed an order for when trading opens.
Haimsey
Premium Member

6th Sep 15 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone still on plus500?

Offering £50 to verify details again.

Got 38.5k in my demo still.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
ShEp

6th Sep 15 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Anyone still on plus500?

Offering £50 to verify details again.

Got 38.5k in my demo still.

Was going to delve in, but it still says $20

<<  13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Genuine Portfolio People.... 23 database queries in 0.0389020 seconds