corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Aug 14 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I went to Germany to visit family, and thought it rude not to go the Nurburgring, all I can say is it's a big ass country so I had loads of driving around 1500 miles, I can't knock the car it soaked them up without any issues, I only did 3 laps of the Ring because I had a ferry to catch, all 3 were wet, but it was fine only a few moments to worry about.

On the way to the track on the 257.

Some of the local roads are better than the Ring itself, which was fun.

In the car park.

My dinner on the way to the ferry, which kept me going, I don't know what the thing with the egg was but it ok, but would of been better with a roll.

corsadonk
Premium Member

16th Aug 14 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp7ufqM87Oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8yXsSuTUE

Some video's.
gidged500
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's brilliant is the nurburgring, looks very normal in the car park bet it turned heads when it got going.
You going to Trax ? I wouldn't mind a good look at it want to do my c
Mieran

17th Aug 14 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the same about the country roads surrounding the ring, best thing about them is the smooth tarmac unlike B road over here with million bumps and pot holes!
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car sounds great, once I get the engine rebuilt in mine we will have to see whats quicker 100-130 a turbo or supercharged corsa c?
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
It's brilliant is the nurburgring, looks very normal in the car park bet it turned heads when it got going.
You going to Trax ? I wouldn't mind a good look at it want to do my c

It did draw a little crowd when I popped the bonnet to check the fluids. Yeah I'm going to Trax.
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
I thought the same about the country roads surrounding the ring, best thing about them is the smooth tarmac unlike B road over here with million bumps and pot holes!

I don't know if it was because I was in a rush, and I didn't have time to take it all in, but the track is almost over rated, I will go back. The road surfaces in Germany are so much better.
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
your car sounds great, once I get the engine rebuilt in mine we will have to see whats quicker 100-130 a turbo or supercharged corsa c?

Cheers, yeah alright can do.
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had crap brakes just before Trax, and after that they were shot, and I had pulled the bottom ball joint out again, which happened at Brands before with the sticky tyres on. So my plan was, to change the ball joints, for GM ones, poly bush the lower arms, I also picked up some brake ducts for a Astra G on the Courteney stand at Trax.

I tried to bleed the brakes, and I couldn't get a pedal, so I went over to Dale's place to use his vac bleeder, but still couldn't get a decent pedal, so all we could think was maybe I'd damaged the master cylinder before Silverstone, we fitted one on Friday night, gave it another bleed which fixed it ready for today at Castle Combe today.

I had a great day, having three sessions and the first session, I had the track to myself. Loads of nice comments again which was cool. Roll on next year.

Joey 1.6 sport

13th Sep 14 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah was a good day my first time there weather was nice And car looked and sounded good going round was talking to yah but didn't really intruduce my self was with birchy with the White Corsa b on throttle bodies
djgritt
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some pics from your Morning sessions.
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joey 1.6 sport
Yeah was a good day my first time there weather was nice And car looked and sounded good going round was talking to yah but didn't really intruduce my self was with birchy with the White Corsa b on throttle bodies

Hi.

Thanks.
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I have some pics from your Morning sessions.

The fog session? I can't believe I had track to myself for so long.
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Sep 14 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I fitted an oil cooler, to try and keep my water temps down on track.

I've also raised the intercooler, so hopefully it should more airflow.

Now I've got it all to fit, I might look into getting a new crash bar.
gidged500
Premium Member

22nd Sep 14 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New crash bar would be a winner , have you polybushed all the front of the car ? I'm looking to do my c . Easy to do ?
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Sep 14 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's out of sight most of the time. So it's all too easy to ignore. The only thing now not poly bushed is the front anti-roll bar because I had the wrong size. If I'm honest I'm not too keen on how it drives with the lower arms done, but it might be better with the tracking redone. All you need is a hammer and a vice
gidged500
Premium Member

23rd Sep 14 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your right about the crash bar really. I've just done my rear beam and it's made a massive difference. If the fronts are easy to do I'll get them done. The Arbs on the corsas are different sizes the 1.8 sri one is 18mm and the other models are 17mm
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 14 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's easy enough once the arms are off the car, it might just be the Speedline's because they're pretty wide and have a funny offset as well. But it seems to find all the ruts in the roads.
gidged500
Premium Member

23rd Sep 14 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'll get some and give them a go can't do any harm
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 14 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it will be alright.
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's been a while, I haven't done much with it really just been enjoying it, apart from the front discs being warped.

I did take some pictures the other week I'm playing with the idea of sending them into Total Vauxhall, but I'm not sure they will want to feature it.

Today I changed my pads and discs, and greased the caliper slide pins, because the near side caliper is a bit seized, which I think has cause the really badly warped disc.

The pads didn't have much left, after less than 10k but it has had a lot of track time, and the discs haven't worn at all, they are still 25mm think.
gidged500
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit annoying about the warped disc , love how this looks so standard considering what's under the bonnet
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's so much better not having warped brakes, they have had a hammering.

You'd never know, till you hear and see it go.
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double post.

[Edited on 01-12-2014 by corsadonk]
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made some videos the other day as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK12A9wqMuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9hISnQxBQ

<<  10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 23 database queries in 0.2063041 seconds