corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Dec 13 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, I've got a few improvements plan for over the winter, my CV boot clip has come off again so it looks like I'm gonna need to cut the bit off the subframe to stop it from catching.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Jan 14 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well today was nice, and I didn't have much work to so I had a little play with the car. My CV boot clip has come off again, but I've been ignoring it because it's coming off the road when the tax runs out this month, and I didn't really have a solution without dropping the subframe. But I found this in Maplins the other day and thought it would be ideal.

135W Variable Speed Rotary Tool and 163 Piece Accessory Set | Maplin

So I took the driveshaft out, as you can see it's been rubbing a bit so I had an idea on the correct place to cut it.

Which didn't stop me from doing it in the wrong place.

Sorry about the crap picture.

So I then used up the rest of the blades to take off what I could in the correct place.

It's given me a few more MM so it should be ok for the rest of the month, and when I fill my engine mounts it should be fine.
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much to report, but I fitted a new battery that I got on trade from Vauxhall at a bargain price of £32.

On the weekend I also changed the rear boost solenoid, to try a fix my surging problem, but It didn't work.
New one

Old one.

They have changed the design, so I had to cable tie it to the back of the bracket it should be bolted to
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Apr 14 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't updated this in a while, I've fitted a half leather interior from a SXI+, and a set of GAZ GHA's which I tested out yesterday at Combe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezlmpg7muJc

It's only a short film, I'll upload a longer one later when I've got more time.

I also when the Shakespeare county raceway the other week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNKkloGpSY
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Apr 14 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some pictures thanks to Benn from Mig.

And the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QctadAoP45c
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the second session at Combe, my water temps got pretty high so I came in. When I parked up and opened the bonnet I found water all over the right hand side of the engine bay. At the time I thought it might of just come from the header tank cap. But the last few times I drove the car I've still had a leak.

So last night I popped over to Dale's and used his coolant system tester, and I found the real cause of the leak. It was a hose that went from the head to the AUX water pump back up to the heater matrix, the pump has never been plugged in since it was in the Corsa, so I thought I'd get rid of it and cut the hose down from the heater matrix and plumb it straight to the head.

You can see the small holes by the ridge from the hose clip.

All the crap I've removed.

Some well used tyres.

And a random engine bay picture.
AlexW

8th May 14 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you found the leak, certainly explains why you couldn't locate it at Combe.
Benn's pics are great too!

Whats next?
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th May 14 at 06:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers I was all set to buy a new cap, but once I pressurised the system you could see a fine spray coming from that hose.
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday between the rain I fitted a water cooler for my turbo, the water that returns to the header tank gets really hot, so I thought I'd fit a cooler to help lower the water temps.

The hose used to go straight back to the header tank from under the boost pipe by the MAP sensor, I've now routed it to the front on the bottom of the cooler, then it goes back to the header tank.

It seems to work a treat the bottom hose being really hot to touch, and the return line being lukewarm.

I've found these from the other week at Combe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=624VH3KimzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFWJdwub7U
djgritt
Premium Member

12th May 14 at 05:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice solution ther!

The Vectra VXR has the same crappy Water return as standard - direct from Turbo to Header. Courtenay successfully solve this with their uprated Radiator package, which has additional take offs to do just this.

I quite like this idea though, so may have to do it myself...
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th May 14 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me know if you do, and I'll tell you what I've used.
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a few things to the car this week. I was going to have a heat shield made for my K&N, but after seeing Joff had fitted a flowmaster to his car and confirmed the Corsa VXR ports are 80mm I bought one. Not sure if I like it TBH I love the induction noise the cone filter made, which is now muted.

I've also wrapped the upper boost pipes with some heat reflective tape.

I was very glad to see the throttle body and the boost pipes are still oil free.
davegreen
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really test will be to see what power each filter gives. looks good though. liking the clean throttle.
CharlesH

16th May 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like how things are done properly on this and not bodges that you usually see. What's that heat reflective tape like to apply?
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
really test will be to see what power each filter gives. looks good though. liking the clean throttle.

I'm just a bit gutted because I've lost the noise, but I'm sure it will be better when I at motorway speeds.
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CharlesH
Like how things are done properly on this and not bodges that you usually see. What's that heat reflective tape like to apply?

Thanks, I have learnt from past mistakes. It's alright to apply the only tricky part was the 90 degree bends, I had 2'' tape but cut in half on the bends.
Steve X16XE

28th May 14 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

Shouldn't that crash bar be a little straighter? Are the brakes no good?
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th May 14 at 06:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it should be, as well as the N/S wing, both headlights are smashed, and front and rear bumpers are also damaged. It's an 11 year old car that has been owned by a fair few women, so is covered in battle scares.

I'm not sure if I should get the body work done, or just buy another one in better condition. It's not a show so I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.
Steve X16XE

29th May 14 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the thing to ask yourself is, is it safe and does it do what YOU want it to do?

If both are yes, then keep as it is.

Plus if it's got battle scares all round, you'll push a little harder on a track as if you ding it, well it's just another!
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 06:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's it, if I crash at 150 mph a bent crash bar isn't really going to make any difference.

The car was the cheap bit of the build if I honest, so I'm not too fussed it's just getting home I worry about.
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I entered into the fight club at PVS with Total Vauxhall, but the week before I had noticed a few patches of oil on the drive. I had look underneath and noticed oil on the join between the sump and gearbox and thought rear main seal. A massive job that I wasn't looking forward to, but after starting from the top I noticed a load of oil around the breather flange on the block. I cleaned it off and went for a test drive, which confirmed it was that.

I bought a new gasket and some sealer from the local dealer, along with a new coilpack and oil and filter. Which solved the leak, and I've fixed a random misfire I've been having after trying a new coilpack that a mate let me borrow.

I was really happy with the car at Santa Pod, and someone filmed me on the handling track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FLswaOk3RE

[Edited on 17-06-2014 by corsadonk]
carl roper

17th Jun 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to see it's still going strong. I see the handling circuit was challenging again like last year lol.
Any plans for more power?
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 05:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a lot better than last year, I even spun on one attempt.

I just need to wait for T V to come out to see how I did.

No not mega power.
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Donk does Brands!

Just got back from an evening at Brands hatch, what a great track!

I had a few cracking battles, the best being with a C63 who gave up and let me past. The only let down was a few muppets in Impreza's, and I got told off a little bit for overtaking a Porsche on the wrong side.

I'm over the moon with the car.

Thanks for looking.
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In this months TV they have listed the top 9 results from the Fight club, I came 5th which I'm over the moon about. They said on the day about 30 entered.

It's a bit blurred.

I also treated myself to some pictures from the track day at Brands.

I just need to find a place to put them.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 23 database queries in 0.1429210 seconds