corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
reecegsi

User status: Offline
15th Jun 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much where your rear shocks? Also you find the bushes better? I need to sort them out on my zlet
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found the shocks for £75, new old stock on ebay. I need to soften them up a bit, because the rear is stiffer, I'm not sure on the bushes, I'm sure they are also a bit stiffer.
reecegsi

17th Jun 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the intercooler kit on this the tx one? Ive got one fitted to mine but the intercoolers huge lol want a neater setup lol but tx ones are £350
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep TX intercooler, the hoses are pretty poor so I bought some better stuff.
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found a set of SRI pedals today, while trying to find/remove a clutch switch from a 1.8 I was told about.

After that I took a picture of the Alcantara gaitors I fitted a while ago.
reecegsi

22nd Jun 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where where rear bushes from cheapest I can find is £75
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which ones?
kedowan

22nd Jun 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it mate
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, so do I. It doesn't look much, but it's some much fun. I upset a bloke in a C32 AMG on the way back from PVS, pushed him along when he overtook a car.

I think it's gonna be around for a while.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed after PVS I had leak from the N/S inner CV boot, so I thought I'd best sort it out.

Once I had it all apart Saturday afternoon, I could see I was given the wrong boot. So I cleaned up everything the best I could and called it a day till Monday. Camberley's could find the correct boot for my car, so I ended up with a universal one.

After that I slotted it all together, fitted the clips, I saw the pretty much full bag of grease. :lmao: So I had to cut the clip off and fill it back up with grease. Then buy a bag of clips.

I've also changed all the locks so one key does the door and ignition, because I broke the barrel when I swapped the transponder.

Next month's TV has a write up on the Fight club from PVS, so I might even be in the mag.
reecegsi

7th Jul 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Notice any difference with the copy inlet and xev cam?
corsadonk
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, only because the engine was bog standard in the Astra. Then it got put into the Corsa.
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Jul 13 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, so this thing is pretty erm, quick.

Proper sleeper too! I'd have been properly confused if I didn't know the car...
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 05:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks.

I think the driver in the CL500 was on the way up.
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jul 13 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a boost leak since I built the car, so I thought I'd best do something about it. This leak tester saw in the Sealey offer flyer, so I got the boss to order it, it took a few weeks to come, because it was on back order.

It comes with most sizes needed, so I capped off the pipes.

So it looked like this, and plugged the airline in, opened up the regulator, and it leaked loads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgYsMqqkrI0

In the end I changed them for normal hose clips, which sorted it, I found few others which I fixed.

The car seems to go better now as well.

[Edited on 20-07-2013 by corsadonk]
Generation

20th Jul 13 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a decent bit of kit! How much was that mate?
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jul 13 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm paying £52 for it. But I only pay the VAT on the price my work pay.

Here is a link.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALEY-VS2030-Turbo-System-Leakage-Tester-/151079764570?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item232d0e425a
Generation

20th Jul 13 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate! Looks like a very handy kit to have
bigron1988

20th Jul 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like generation said very handy bit of kit, have to get my self one
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jul 13 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers. I've been thinking about getting one for a while. Didn't you have a leak on your C? The biggest one is 90mm.
bigron1988

20th Jul 13 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Cheers. I've been thinking about getting one for a while. Didn't you have a leak on your C? The biggest one is 90mm.

i prob did as it only made 260ish on proper dyno which was a little low for the mods
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1/4 mile times at PVS were pretty slow, so the leaks must of been losing a fair bit of power.
Steve X16XE

23rd Jul 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap Cheap...

http://www.toollineuk.com/product.php/site/froogle/sn/VS2030
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play, good find.
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since PVS I've had trouble with my N/S inner CV boot, first off the old boot started to leak, so I changed that for a universal stretch boot, with came off pretty much straight away. So I thought I'd get a genuine boot kit from Vauxhall, which came with bands, so I went round to Dale's and nicked a few of his boot clips, I put it all back together went for a test drive, and they came off. :grr:

So then I invested in a band clamp tool, and fitted them. Once I had put it all back together, I went out for a test drive. A few miles away, the car started to hold back and splutter, I turned around and went home. The MAP sensor I had glued on had popped off, :face: So I rang round last week and got 888 Dan to send me out a stainless boss, because my old one was aluminium which was why I'd glued it on, I had the new one welded on at Gilsons in Newbury. :thumb:

The old alloy boss.

The new steel one welded on.

I fitted the boost pipe back on and went for another test drive, Parked the old girl back on the drive, and for **** sakes the clip has come off again. :grr:

On a lighter note, I ordered some tyres on Monday, and they turned up on Wednesday. Ready for Castle Combe on the 14th.

I'm gonna try a hose clip tomorrow, fingers crossed it holds out for a bit.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 23 database queries in 0.0189631 seconds