corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Golf .:R32

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf .:R32
Mertin

User status: Offline
10th Jul 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a mates vag com for all my stuff, Calum / Iain Addison.
Ebay special sidelights came in today so fitted them.

Also got a set of bolt covers in as 2 were missing from the back where normal longer bolts are fitted in place of the locking wheel nuts (due to spacers) so got them fitted to tidy it up.
New boot latch also came into VW today so got that fitted as the old one didnt latch unless you gave it a good slam and worked the handle at the same time which used to take me 10+ attempts lol
Gave the garage a much needed tidy up after I bought some shelving so everything wasnt scattered all over the floor
Before

After

Mertin

10th Sep 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after a busy weekend the R32 had the following work :

Engine flush, oil and filter change (Mobil 1 5w30)
Gearbox oil change
Coolant change
New LUK clutch, DMF and redlease bearing
2 x new timing chains, tensioners and guides

All carried out on axle stands at the farm, worked 11 till 11 on Sat and then 11 till 9 on Friday. 2 x mates who are car mechanics were running the job, I was there as an extra pair of hands and to learn a bit more as Im a mechanic but in a different area.

My readings before were -9 and -9, now -1 and -4 when it was cold. Cant really says if car feels any different because taking it easy but first impression is that it does. used to have a really bad flat spot in 3rd at around 2500 - 3k rpm

Now to give it a good clean and get all the greasy finger prints off!

Also a pic there aswell of the dirt that was caught behind the front arches. And in the future I think Il take off the front bumper to change headlight bulbs as I reckon it would be quicker than scraping knuckles and fiddling about. Bumper was a doddle to take off, as with the whole front cross member

Some pics, didnt take much as hands were black most of the time

And hows this for "stance"

Mertin

24th Jan 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars been running spot on after the timing chain replacement, no issues after that and can my mind can rest knowing its been done.

Its booked into to VW bodyshop on Monday to get the front wings repaired under warranty and VW are paying 50% of the cost of having the rear wings repaired. Fronts have been stone chipped down near the skirt and then its started to corrode. With the rears its just a small bit of corrosion on the inside of the arch lip. Bodywork will be spot on after thats sorted so will likely be keeping it a while after that as imo its a really good and clean example.

Approaching 80k aswell so will give it another service with some spark plugs and also haldex oil and filter change aswell. This will be its 3rd haldex service in 80k so its had more than enough

MOt time is coming up in Feb or March, need to dig out the docs and check the exact date, also tax due this month aswell. Maybe get a decat fitted once the MOT is past as I also have a milltek resonated centre section I got for £19 so will just need to get the backbox bought to make up the system
Simon_16v

25th Jan 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recognise this car, you swapped it with a lad called Scott Osborne.

I went to school with him and he was the main reason I got the FR too. He is proper OCD when it comes to cleaning to should be covered it plenty of different products
Mertin

25th Jan 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye Scotts got my FR now. Ever see it going about? I found the for sale ad and build thread from the boy scott bought it from and he was into detailing aswell. I havent had a layer of wax on it yet u fortunately, however after its getting some bodywork next week il have it book into Alan at AMDetails for some correction and protection and wheels refurbished too
Mertin

29th Jan 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Golf got dropped off yesterday at VW bodyshop to have front and rear wings repaired / resprayed under warranty.
Got this little beauty while its in, I seem to of lost 3 cylinders!
Some pics of each arch below aswell

Bonney

29th Jan 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think all goofs get a build up of dirt behind the front wings, mine had a good few inches thick with muck behind them when I fitted my front mudflaps.
antnee

31st Jan 13 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you buy this off Scott whos had 2 Ibizas already? Can't believe hes gone back to another
Mertin

31st Jan 13 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Did you buy this off Scott whos had 2 Ibizas already? Can't believe hes gone back to another

Aye, swapped the Fr for it 7 months ago so hes now got the Ibiza
Simon_16v

31st Jan 13 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee

Yeah it's the lad you're thinking of, had the white FR diesel and then Cupra 20VT
Mertin

3rd Feb 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the car back on Thursday with the 2 new front wings fitted. After further pics VW decided against paying 50% of the rears. Not too fussed as they were hardly that bad and the bodyshop said themselves it isnt worth paying for myself as its minimal. I was just chancing my luck asking for them too really.
Had some coolant and power steering caps for a while, got round to giving them a polish and seal last night and fitted along with some strut top caps aswell.
Standard plastic ones are gash, 1 was cracked and 1 missing
Ideally like to get hold of one for the washer bottle to finish it off

Mertin

7th Feb 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave it a good clean so decided to get some proper pics using my dslr seeing as it was all iphone snaps I had from when I first got it. Found two on the camera that Id forgotten about

MOT time tomorrow, fingers crossed it passes.

Pre private plate :

3CorsaMeal

7th Feb 13 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very smart. Love it.
Mertin

8th Feb 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Failed its MOT. Needs 2 rear springs, track rod end and a cv boot. 1 advisory on the other cv boot.
TPS want £108 per spring, going to order a set of H&R's with a 25mm drop for £186
Jon_C
Premium Member

8th Feb 13 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good excuse for an upgrade. Like it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Golf .:R32 23 database queries in 0.0141020 seconds