corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My car...
Sunz

User status: Offline
21st Jun 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I believe an MOT is only valid for the day it was written in terms of the tester being at fault for any issue.

So even if they don't write down the car failed on emissions it's only the owner who's liable just like all the other problems, tyres, brakes etc.

As for overlooking, they would still check it and tell you it's at fault I would expect but wouldn't fail your car upon that result.

As for the OP and OT, Emissions is the only one that would be a bugger to sort out, you could probably source some ball joints from this site and see how much a local garage would charge to fit them if you didn't feel comfortable doing it.

I guess if the engines running sweet and the rest of the cars in decent condition then it's worth fixing it all rather then finding another car which could have a valid mot for the year but be full of unknown faults.
Adster

21st Jun 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy who did my MOT reckons the imissions are down to needing a new cat.

He MOT's our motorhomes and cars we sell so that price is just a rough idea at the moment,
Corsa_Sport21

21st Jun 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How bad are the emissions?? Ive had a few cars failed badly on the emissions. Fire some redex fuel/injector treatment in, along with a tenners worth of V-Power and take it out and kick its hole in. Not once have i had the emissions fail again after doing the above.
Adster

21st Jun 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were very high and i would do that if the nearest shell wasnt a few miles away and the car still had a litle bit of MOT left. it ran out in january and has been off the road since due to low funds
Corsa_Sport21

21st Jun 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not get a jerry can of fuel, and then kick its hole in on the way down??
corsa120

21st Jun 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love how people think because someone may have fitted a de-cat or somat meaning an mot tester forgives it........................ however ur brakes are leaking fluid everywhere so he will spot this and pass ur car regardless some of u are pathetic... it would take a pretty sick mot tester to let something really unsafe be released back onto the highways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the emmisions is not exactly life threatening is it!!

sure people who are whinging are gonna grow up to be them old miserable anarak wearing twats that hold fake speed camera's up in there village cos they have nothing better to do

[Edited on 21-06-2012 by corsa120]
Root

22nd Jun 12 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by Adster
track rod end (got one already), both ball joints, headlight insecure (but i've got what i need to sort that) handbrake, pads, emissions. and some more i think :/

all in a days work. and extra £20 donation to the testers friday night fund should see the emissions fixed

why hunt for a 1.4?

doubt an mot tester is going to risk his license for a '£20 friday night fund'

Take your car to http://weonlymot.co.uk/

You only pay them if it passes. So as long as the majority of safety issues are fixed, they might let you go with emissions and you could save buy a new cat or whatnot
tregga

22nd Jun 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well didnt this thread lose its point lol, i have a few cats here would be happy to weld on if not to far and for a small fee oc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My car... 23 database queries in 0.0236280 seconds