corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(
l88fty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 15 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More bargin of German eBay, it's the little things

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Kieran
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do really like this. Top work
l88fty
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
I do really like this. Top work

Thank Kieran

l88fty
Premium Member

7th Aug 15 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With having the bonnet open at events to keep the engine cool when the audio is playing, I decided it was time to tidy up the bay.

I work for Roose Motorsport so the hose part was easy - even though we don't do a kit for the X16Xe so it was more of a see what we can put together. That along with some added gloss black on the engine covers and getting rid of all the idiot proof yellow on all the caps, it looks a lot better. Also picked up a new expansion tank as well

Just need to sort the inlet out now

oJNAo
Premium Member

7th Aug 15 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks way cleaner with the simple changes, had a look round it at Trax but there was no one around
l88fty
Premium Member

7th Aug 15 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Looks way cleaner with the simple changes, had a look round it at Trax but there was no one around

Just need to get some of the rust in the bay treated and some black hamerite I was probably in the paddock cafe with the wife

l88fty
Premium Member

23rd Aug 15 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The hoses from Goodridge turned up before the weekend, so was able to get the V6 upgrade finished before taking her to a show today.

Out with the old X16XE brakes

Today at the Humber Car Show

gidged500
Premium Member

23rd Aug 15 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job on the brakes , green stuff pads aswell how you finding the brakes ?
l88fty
Premium Member

23rd Aug 15 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Good job on the brakes , green stuff pads aswell how you finding the brakes ?

There's a lot of travel in the pedal, even with the braided lines. May bleed the system up again next weekend if it's still doing it. Brakes work though once your foots on the floor

gidged500
Premium Member

23rd Aug 15 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they do that you'll get used to it . Bleeding them won't make them any better if its been done directly first time
l88fty
Premium Member

20th Sep 15 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sadly after 4 years with the car I have decided it's time to move on, ready for something a bit more styleish, powerful and comfortable lol.

It's going to be very difficult to value the car, as they say it's only as valuable and you(the owner) values it and the modifications don't really add much value it's still a 1999 Corsa Sport with high milage.

It has been fully rebuilt though and I'm sure the right person will pay whatever price I decide I want for it, but I'm not great with these sort of things and if anyone could point me in the right direction would be helpful, thanks

[Edited on 20-09-2015 by l88fty]

--ToM--

20th Sep 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better off breaking it for parts
Ian W

20th Sep 15 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Better off breaking it for parts

+1

It's not worth a lot in one piece sadly, maybe £1800 to £2000? Cannot think of a time when I have read anyone paying any kind of decent money for a Corsa B.
l88fty
Premium Member

20th Sep 15 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer this is what I'm worried about, even being a nice example there not alot of people out there that are going to think it's worth what I probably want for it.

I don't have the time or resources to break it, I don't think I could do that to it either :/

Jason x
Premium Member

20th Sep 15 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if you got what Ian said you'd be extremely lucky, I can't see you getting more than £1,500 and even then I'd say you'd be luckily finding someone who'd pay that.

I did a quick add up of all the bits on the car (excluding the audio stuff as I don't know the value of it) and it's probably worth £1,700 in bits in my eyes plus of course whatever you get for the shell and the audio equipment but then you'd have to spend the time removing it all and there'd be lots of things you'd probably end up being stuck with.

[Edited on 20-09-2015 by Jason x]
l88fty
Premium Member

20th Sep 15 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
I think if you got what Ian said you'd be extremely lucky, I can't see you getting more than £1,500 and even then I'd say you'd be luckily finding someone who'd pay that.

I did a quick add up of all the bits on the car (excluding the audio stuff as I don't know the value of it) and it's probably worth £1,700 in bits in my eyes plus of course whatever you get for the shell and the audio equipment but then you'd have to spend the time removing it all and there'd be lots of things you'd probably end up being stuck with.

[Edited on 20-09-2015 by Jason x]

I think it's going to be a case of finding someone who falls in love with it and will pay what I want. A lot of people will just say 'it's only a Corsa' but the right person will understand what there paying for. The audio is worth £1500 alone, but someone into the that sort of thing will expect a higher price tag for it to be sold as it is with all the mods and the condition it's in.

Jason x
Premium Member

20th Sep 15 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you want for it?
l88fty
Premium Member

21st Sep 15 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
What do you want for it?

I haven't even begun to work that out, if I can't get what I want I may be left with no choice but to sell it cheap or break it. Probably somewhere between £2300 and £2600, but that price tag is only going to appeal to someone who wants a modified audio car, not your everyday petrolhead.

[Edited on 21-09-2015 by l88fty]

--ToM--

21st Sep 15 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even then that's top money. The only way you'll see that is sadly by breaking it.
Generation

22nd Sep 15 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never going to get tha for it, lovely car but as a whole I reckon £1200 at most.

Worth far more in parts, appreciate the audio is worth a lot but people serious about audio won't be buying this
johnny86
Premium Member

22nd Sep 15 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have bonnet
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 15 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

split the audio, split the car, otherwise you're looking at less than a grand for the lot
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Sep 15 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't take less than £800
l88fty
Premium Member

22nd Sep 15 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will generate some interest once the private plates off and see where I get, if no ones going to pay what I want, then I may have to break it.

johnny86
Premium Member

22nd Sep 15 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy wheels and bonnet

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :( 24 database queries in 0.1170199 seconds