corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(
l88fty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 14 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Hyper silver like mine has a really good shine to it, might look better on the 928s if the chrome will show imperfections with it being such a flat surface

I don't know Gav, I just think it would be a waste of such nice wheels to go so stock.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
l88fty
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's back on the road on Thursday, am hoping for some good weather over the bank holiday weekend so I can get her polished and go for a drive out

Last job before doing the tax, oil & filter change.

l88fty
Premium Member

12th May 14 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just your average Sunday afternoon

johnny86
Premium Member

12th May 14 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice cars. You should never work under a jack like that. My dad's friend died when the jack failed and he was under he's hot rod.
Generation

12th May 14 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ fully agreed. That's a really stupid way to work on a car.

Both ars looking great

l88fty
Premium Member

12th May 14 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Nice cars. You should never work under a jack like that. My dad's friend died when the jack failed and he was under he's hot rod.

Luckily its not me, its a friend of mine whos a master tech at Charles Warner Vauxhall. Most would probably say he knows better, which he probably does but he trusts his equipment.

Generation

12th May 14 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing better? I'm sure he knows a lot, but what e is doing is stupid.

I do have that exact jack, and 3 different bolts have needed to be replaced, and come clean out, it twists to one side often too..

Here it is

[Edited on 12-05-2014 by Generation]
l88fty
Premium Member

12th May 14 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Knowing better? I'm sure he knows a lot, but what e is doing is stupid.

I do have that exact jack, and 3 different bolts have needed to be replaced, and come clean out, it twists to one side often too..

Here it is

[Edited on 12-05-2014 by Generation]

I would never question his judgement, so I trust him.

That jack on your picture does not look like the same one anyway mate, we had this discussion about him only being on the jack when he did it, it cost over £1500+ and is an amazing bit of kit.

He works on both our Corsa & maintains all my company vehicles on site, I don't think I've ever seen him use axle stands, maybe I'll buy him a set for Christmas and tell him better to start now that have a car drop on your head!!

Generation

12th May 14 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, mine definitely wasn't that much, think I paid £130 from machine mart.
Wasn't having a go at anybody, but for sake of a stand I would never takes risks. Just don't want somebody to end up hurt. Sooner or later most things break, only takes a seal, or handbrake on car to be weak and start rolling etc..
l88fty
Premium Member

12th May 14 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wasn't having a go at anybody, but for sake of a stand I would never takes risks. Just don't want somebody to end up hurt. Sooner or later most things break, only takes a seal, or handbrake on car to be weak and start rolling etc..

Oh yer I know what your saying & I will mention it on the sly next time he's at my yard doing some work for me. This is a born motor head with fuel running through his veins, has built many amazing cars, has been a TV cover car with his Nova on bike carbs and a professional mechanic for 20 years. I'm not trying to justify not using the axle stands, because he probably should - but I certainly trust his judgement if he decides not to.

Christopher

14th May 14 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l88fty
quote:

Oh yer I know what your saying & I will mention it on the sly next time he's at my yard doing some work for me. This is a born motor head with fuel running through his veins, has built many amazing cars, has been a TV cover car with his Nova on bike carbs and a professional mechanic for 20 years. I'm not trying to justify not using the axle stands, because he probably should - but I certainly trust his judgement if he decides not to.

Just because hes chancing his life i wouldnt say i trust his judgement. If anything hes lucky if hes worked like that for years! The next time could be his last time and for something a silly as some £20 axel stands

[Edited on 14-05-2014 by Christopher]
l88fty
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Preperation for this show season, 3 stage paint correction

Before

After

Still my favourite of the products I use.

Topped with Instant Show Shine - this is the bonnet!!

Gutted the Porsche rims aren't going to be on her for this season, but hopefully once I've sorted out the adaptors will get them on

[Edited on 19-05-2014 by l88fty]

jay26

19th May 14 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Behave that jack didn't cost £1500, I've got the same one
Jamie prentice

19th May 14 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars looking good mate
Haimsey
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good.

My jack scares me. Been replaced once when it leaked fluid

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
--ToM--

19th May 14 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter how experienced you mate is or weather he's a master tech or a jack of all trades master of none jacking a car up to that height with no axle stand is fucking irresponsible, I'm a technician an I use state of the art top quality equipment I'd never trust just a jack especially not at that height plus if he's a master tech surely he would realise that to drop the oil and get it all out you should jack both front corners up evenly so the oil can all drain out if it's right up on one side half the oil will slosh over to one side and not drain out so effectively your only getting half an oil change lol

Never the less very nice looking car mate
Ant182
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice corsa mate, looks superb.
l88fty
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you

Hopefully going to get the de-cat pipe on tomorrow, so she will pop a bit more and sound a bit better

ArdenblueDan

21st May 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking great dude are you at modded nationals this weekend?
andy_mk3

21st May 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen all that about the jack, so thought I'd share this cos my mate had the same jack fail on him. He'd literally jacked the car up, stood up to fetch and axle stand and the car dropped to the floor!

I don't care who it is, if I ever see anyone without axle stands I'll tell them.
flybikeslee

21st May 14 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

21st May 14 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both jacks shown on this page aren't the same. They're just the same colour.
l88fty
Premium Member

21st May 14 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Both jacks shown on this page aren't the same. They're just the same colour.

The jacks both people have shown are the Clarke one from Machine Mart and I have seen them fail myself.

Chris's one is a Snap-on Raceline one and I was a bit out on the price, but it was £450 + VAT.

But please can we leave the jack thing, I promise next time its up it will be on axle stands!!

Yes Dan I am at Modified Nationals mate, look out for my club you'll see the flags "LN Customs".

Cheers

l88fty
Premium Member

22nd May 14 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So wanted the de-cat on in time for Modified Nationals, purchased it off "smoothie SRI" on here. Was assured several times it was the direct replacement de-cat for the x16xe as thats what it came off.

I made the mistake of buying it and not checking it until now.

So was left with a car on the ramp and no de-cat, so went to the local Powerflow dealership and had one made.

This time the garage that was doing the work and had the same blue Clarke trolley jack as the failed ones above, so an axle stand was a must

She sounds like a fucking monster!!

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd May 14 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why where they using a jack and axle stand to do a decat when they have a free ramp Infront of them? Haha

None the less. Atleast you got it sorted in the end

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :( 24 database queries in 0.2468190 seconds