corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 330ci M Sport - Individual

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 330ci M Sport - Individual
SetH

User status: Offline
21st Aug 12 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There have been serious man hours in going from conception of the idea to actually getting this rims on the car though.

Much more then just picking up the phone, ordering them and slinging them on you weirdo.
Jambo

21st Aug 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you should get compass mirror, BM USB dual charger, push to start button and SMG paddles.
Fad

21st Aug 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Them wheels would look the tits in Gunmetal.
SetH

21st Aug 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contemplated gunmetal but trying to keep it a bit more OEM looking and prefer the better contrast with a lighter colour.
Fad

21st Aug 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know what you mean it could be hit or miss hence why I havent done mine in Ferric Grey yet.

Jambo is harrassing me to do it
Ben G

21st Aug 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pics of ferric grey fad? I think thats quite a light colour is'nt it?
Rich H

21st Aug 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Any pics of ferric grey fad? I think thats quite a light colour is'nt it?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ferric+grey
Ben G

21st Aug 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sarcastic sod i was on my phone and didn't want to open another page up.
Jambo

22nd Aug 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SetH

1st Sep 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the car in to have alignment carried out and see how much negative camber we could dial in to try. The theory being this would result in tucking in the wheels slightly at the top thus giving a few more mm clearance.

Front camber has been set to maximum negative.

Rear camber has been set outside of recommended tolerance.

Left -2,29'
Right -2,33'

The technician advised that anymore and I would shred the inside of the Tyres.

On the drive home noticed the handling was a lot better and having a wider track did not seem to have
had any negative effects.

However the offside rear wheel still rubs under heavy compression. FML

I have had the wheel off and cannot see any marks inside the arch where it is catching, again hardly any rub marks on the sidewall either. It literally must be catching by a couple of mm FFS.

All I can think of is that when Arch Enemy rolled the arches they managed to get marginally more role on the nearside.

Thus solutions are

1) Fit 215 width tyres (which I already have in Garage)
2) See if Arch Enemy can get any more role on the offside although I am reluctant to spend any more money
3) Do a Cowboy bodge job and see if I can pull the arch out a little or shave something somewhere

This is the first time I have modified a car for looks. Have never had 'Phat' wheels/stance or dropped a car more then 40mm. Always been about tuning/handling and braking on my previous cars. Starting to regret it now.

Anyway had a surprise on the way home the other night on wet roads. I took a gentle left hander and not a great speed probably only 40mph or so and the rear end totally stepped out. It did not snap out it really was a progressive slip but a fairly aggressive angle. Straight away the DSC kicked in and there was a massive thump which I assume is the DSC braking an inside wheel.

This really surprised me as I was not pressing on and previously on the MV2's with the 255 rears I could really press on in the wet. With the 225 continental winter contacts I could push on even more.

So next roundabout I thought I would provoke it and it didnt take much. Again 30 mph, back end steps out, quite a big slip angle and before I can apply opposite lock DSC kicks in an straightens the car up.

I would hate to think what would happen on a fast corner in the wet and guess with this set up I need to granny drive in the damp/wet. Wont be a problem in Winter as the MV2's will be going back on with winter tyres.

Tempted to sell the Style 32's as they get good money refurbed with rubber as are in demand. I might just break even.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Sep 12 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't sound good.
I would think there are plenty of wheels that could look awesome without all the trouble and without such negative effect on handling.

SetH

1st Sep 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I explored the options of MV3's and MV4's but they are bloody expensive.

I could not find any aftermarket wheels that I liked. They all seem a bit too 'bling' and it's easy to ruin a 3 series with the wrong wheels.

Depending on what happens with my planned house purchase next spring could be a new car on the cards after christmas so if i can't get this sorted i'll get the MV2's refurbed and back on.
Phil W

1st Sep 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBS CH

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 330ci M Sport - Individual 24 database queries in 0.0155361 seconds