corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Organiser required for South East Region

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Organiser required for South East Region
Cole

User status: Offline
19th Jun 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have meets in different parts of the region not just somewhere round the fucking m25 that was the problem before it was always near jrs or Willays houses no offence towards them but it was for example the wharf is where dartford iirc didn't jr live somewhere very close then the was the one in hoddesdon was round the corner from Willays and they were both the organisers for the region at the time. Spread it around come down to Brighton Hastings once in a while then members that live down that way that don't have to drive 60miles e/w for every meet opens up the region a bit tbh. I'm not saying have meets up by the m25 area just not every single one .

Rant over

[Edited on 19-06-2012 by Cole]
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Have meets in different parts of the region not just somewhere round the fucking m25 that was the problem before it was always near jrs or Willays houses no offence towards them but it was for example the wharf is where dartford iirc didn't jr live somewhere very close then the was the one in hoddesdon was round the corner from Willays and they were both the organisers for the region at the time. Spread it around come down to Brighton Hastings once in a while then members that live down that way that don't have to drive 60miles e/w for every meet opens up the region a bit tbh. I'm not saying have meets up by the m25 area just not every single one .

Rant over

This is what I was discussing earlier in the thread. We should arrange meets all over the region. Half the problem is its such a big postcode area. But I'm up for travelling down to Eastbourne every so often for meets
SAL
Premium Member

20th Jun 12 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
I miss the good old SE days

Il attend a meet if someone gets one going

Southend was allways full of members on a Sat! Going back to Willays farm was good too...days gone by eh
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Jun 12 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deadliner
quote:
Originally posted by Cole

Rant over

This is what I was discussing earlier in the thread. We should arrange meets all over the region. Half the problem is its such a big postcode area. But I'm up for travelling down to Eastbourne every so often for meets

I think the reason why they took place near where we live as we knew the place and felt comfortable with it. The Whalf wasnt that near jrs (round the corner from Fad actually ) but we knew it was a safe venue.

There is nothing worse organising a meet somewhere and then theres no spaces/seats/whatever/stuff to do.

And Brighton aint no south east need to get you mugs in your own region

jr

20th Jun 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As will said very difficult to organise something To ensure it's decent, happy to have us, know the owners etc insomewhere you've never been before

[Edited on 20-06-2012 by jr]
Fad

21st Jun 12 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jr's house shouyld be a new venue I hear thats pretty central
Warren G

21st Jun 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's JR?
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so as I am very interested in organising some regular meets I oppose a meet & greet session one weekend (maybe next weekend?) somewhere where everybody knows and has been e.g lakeside just to meet everyone from the area and get to know each other before we start going for regular meets. I know this isn't central to everyone but the postcode area is massive and lakeside is likely to produce the best turnout for a first meet.

We won't be using lakeside Or surrounding areas all the time as this is what caused the problems last time.

Maybe if everybody could make a short list of places localish to them that are decent and we can go from there when we start this up proper. I'm happy to travel if we are going to a good venue with a good turnout

[Edited on 21-06-2012 by deadliner]

jr

22nd Jun 12 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
Who's JR?

dont start
ktz28

8th Jul 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im well up for this hope it gets sorted its been a bit of a flop for a while ive heard but i wanna get involve n meet some need faces
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Jul 12 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deadliner is taking it by the horns at the moment, but thank you for the interest.
gav93

9th Jul 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think Martin would do a fantastic job , but we'd obviously need to help whoever takes this on and as ive said i will be there to help, and our first little get together was great!
mattylufc87

13th Jul 12 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il deffo be up for bluewater, medway city estate is also a good place but is starting to get a bit quiet!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Organiser required for South East Region 23 database queries in 0.0124378 seconds