corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 330ci Clubsport FOR SALE!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 330ci Clubsport FOR SALE!!!
Edges 58

User status: Offline
11th May 12 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
Really? What size are they? Why won't I fit them on the car?

The CSLs are 19" and like 9.5" wide. Without arch work they wont be going on, or if they do you wont be able to lower it one bit so they'll look huge and ruin the look of the car. Most people go for the 18" staggered reps and they look great but tbh i would leave yours as it is.

Mine are 19x9.5..............
chrisd1983

11th May 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Really? What size are they? Why won't I fit them on the car?

The CSLs are 19" and like 9.5" wide. Without arch work they wont be going on, or if they do you wont be able to lower it one bit so they'll look huge and ruin the look of the car. Most people go for the 18" staggered reps and they look great but tbh i would leave yours as it is.

Mine are 19x9.5..............

My BBS' were 19 x 9.5" on the rear too.

If you're looking into buying CSL's get a decent set of reps, as there are some shocking ones out there! I think the decent ones could be VMR's? Not 100% sure

Check if you exhaust has the 'golf tee' mod done too it, if not have a go at doing it, is basically a pneumatic butterfly valve in one of the pipes which opens above a certain rpm which gives a better exhuast note
kennySRi

11th May 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry i didnt realise yours were 19s, damn i bet that is a close fit. Have your arches been rolled? If not i wouldnt mind getting some for my 330, wouldnt mind buying your wheels actually
chrisd1983

11th May 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry i didnt realise yours were 19s, damn i bet that is a close fit. Have your arches been rolled? If not i wouldnt mind getting some for my 330, wouldnt mind buying your wheels actually

Here's a pic of mine on my old 330......... loads of arch space all round!!

taylorboosh

11th May 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be tempted by the wheels also
Edges 58

11th May 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arches are normal kenny. I think I'd prefer 18's to be honest. And I want genuine BMW wheels anyway!

How would i check for the golf tea mod? And is it easy to fit if it's not been done?
Neil Dagens

11th May 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just have a look to see if the butterfly valve inside the exhaust is shut, mine was rusted open, so was always a tad louder. This should open when you rev obviously. So just locate the vacuum hose on the exhaust and disconnect it. Then just plug it with anything, a screw will do. There's plenty of videos on YouTube for clearer advice.

Very nice car though, love the wheels!
Edges 58

16th Jun 12 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not updated here for ages!!

Spend a few hours the other day trying to figure how the rear door cards and seats come out, the rear drivers window wasn't opening so wanted to get it working!!!! Eventually found the reason it wasn't working, the motor wasn't plugged in :/ nice quick fix!

Decided to actually clean it as well, then of course take pictures...

Still, want some more bits....... Depo front indicators, black kidney grills, 18" wheels and decent tyres and in desperate need of some good coilovers!! Liking the looks of BC Racing ones at the minute!! Anyway... Pictures!!

Edges 58

25th Jun 12 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the bimmer detailed again the other day, looked absolutely gleaming and smooth...... then it rained

Anyway pictures
Pre clean

Post clean

Fixed a few things lately too, got my rear window fixed.. it now opens so all four leccy windows work. Also finished servicing it... new spark plugs, air filter and pollen filter from BMW.... £128 :O

Surprised to find that a) one of the bolts for my engine cover is pissed threaded and wouldn't come off for shit, so I had to drill and snap parts of the plastic to get it off. you can't tell now it's all back together but i know its there and it's bugging me! b) the spark plugs were shockingly bad.. looks like they haven't been changed for quite a while!

How engine cover stud should be

How the nackered one is

changing these plugs and filters then getting the ecu reset cleared the emissions light I've had on almost constantly since getting the car.... However a week later on my way to a dyno day the damn light came back on Still ran the dyno though. ECU says the engine is running lean so the dyno people checked the air fuel mix for me and said its bang on... :/

pics and vids

skip to about 35 seconds

And it was a little bit close to the floor coming off the ramp.. was closer going up for some reason

Results were 212 BHP @6502rpm and 205.77 ft/lbs torque @3703rpm with a ambient air temp of 22 degree C. Suppose to have come with 228 BHP new

Thanks for reading

[Edited on 25-06-2012 by Edges 58]
SetH

25th Jun 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is some loss

I wonder what mine is putting out.
Ben G

25th Jun 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What fuel were you using? As has been pointed out to me, these engines only hit book figures when run on 97 ron fuel.

Edges 58

25th Jun 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Running 99 octane fuel... We reckon those rollers are shit though as a 150 brake 106 came out at 122. Taking it somewhere else soon to see what happens.. Plus like I've said, emission light is on which doesn't help obviously
Edges 58

20th Aug 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So about time for an update.

One of the angel eye lights gave up the ghost and couldn't be arsed to fix one as the wiring looked a knight mare. So the lot came out!! Also decided that the big 19" wheels were too big for decent tyres. As i want to do track days and drive fast I wanted to go for 17's so bought some style 68's of ebay or a bargain and had them powdercoated in dark anthracite!

Got hold of some black front kidney grills and smoked front indicators and side repeaters. Much better than standard! Then while the sun was shining after work today I decided to wash the car and find some nice picture locations. Plus just got an iPhone 4s and wanted to test the new camera on it. Here's the pics.

Thanks for reading
Edges 58

20th Aug 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also fitted some new brakes... Grooved and dimpled discs and OEM pads. Stops really well!!!!
daymoon
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an engine cover From a 2.5 but looks same
Edges 58

20th Aug 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
I have an engine cover From a 2.5 but looks same

I think the bigger problem is the stud of the rocker cover that is broke :/
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate, not keen on the new wheels though

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
LukesCorsaSXi

20th Aug 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Looks good mate, not keen on the new wheels though
kennySRi

20th Aug 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is stunning! Not usually a fan of the blue but it's very nice there. The new wheels dont look anywhere near as nice but it's not my car
Ben-B

21st Aug 12 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels suit it ad, love it.
Edges 58

21st Aug 12 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads.. The debate on the wheels could go on for a long time. I agree the old wheels look a lot better but it drove shit coz they were too big and the tyre stretch was just silly. On these wheels it drives so much better and I've always like this style of wheel
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

21st Aug 12 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough mate, no point having it stancing without being able to give it a blast if you're in to that kind of thing

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
BeetleGav

21st Aug 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked fantastic on the 19s, think if i ever get an e46, which i will be doing at somepoint, they are my wheels for it!
BeetleGav

21st Aug 12 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked fantastic on the 19s, think if i ever get an e46, which i will be doing at somepoint, they are my wheels for it!
SetH

22nd Aug 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As has been said looked immense on the 19`s suited it really well.

Fair enough if you want to adapt the car so that it is more track friendly.

I think you mentioned you were running cheap coilovers? I am running some cheap ones also but this is only for road use and purley so I could achieve the drop I wanted. Do you think your coilovers will be up to track work? which ones did you go for?

As you probably know E46's suffer heavily from bush wear, especially on rear trailing arms and the front control arm bushings. One of the best mods you could do if you are going to track it will be to polybush those ups. Also check your control arms for play, they are borderline a consumable on these cars. The meyle HD stuff is really good and will stand up to some punishment.

1 & 3 are the ones I would do first if you are on a budget

Was speaking to my local Indy and they said that pretty much 90% of joe public drive their E46's around with knackered control arms and bushings and are none the wiser. It's only us enthusiasts or spirited drivers that notice when our handling goes to crap. When I changed mine it transformed the car.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 330ci Clubsport FOR SALE!!! 24 database queries in 0.1131911 seconds