corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CS Trackday

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CS Trackday
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Apr 12 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N3lly
With the risk of sounding like a fool, I want to get involved in some track days however only have a 1.2 Corsa... is it worth it? Are there any track days specifically for small engined cars?

I'll be upgrading in the latter part of this year but I just don't want to wait.

A few members here have had small engined Corsas on track and still had plenty of fun, FAZ had a 1.2 I think? Mike B had a 1.2 and now has a 1.6.
Ojc

19th Apr 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah I'm sure we have a solution somewhere. Does frustrate me a bit that the reason WR isn't busy is people say WR isn't busy, but that's probably not for this thread.

I fancy Cadwell just because I've not done it.

Cadwell is immense
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well worth it. Had so much fun on track in my old 1.2. The only reason I got my 1.6 is because I crashed my 1.2, could've been fixed but I got given a shell with a 1.6 so it wasn't worth fixing the old one.
N3lly

19th Apr 12 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool! Are there specific days for small engined cars? Or can I just go along to regular track days?

[Edited on 19-04-2012 by N3lly]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's novice days rather than small engined, I've never felt the need to do one myself, I've always been out in mixed ability groups without any real issues.
Edges 58

19th Apr 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N3lly
With the risk of sounding like a fool, I want to get involved in some track days however only have a 1.2 Corsa... is it worth it? Are there any track days specifically for small engined cars?

I'll be upgrading in the latter part of this year but I just don't want to wait.

i took my 1.2 8v round silverstone at trax last year and loved it! was really slow on the straights compared to many others but i didnt care. just uprate your suspension and chuck it round the corners
N3lly

19th Apr 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, thanks everyone.

Suspension is already upgraded and also got decent tyres so I'll give it a go, cheers for the advice!
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ttt are we going to arrange a track day then
AK

13th Jun 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you lot can be arsed to use your cars and travel to a track then yes, I can arrange a trackday.

Failing that - something at Oulton or Anglesey...
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up for those pref oulton I'd have a look at the focussed events site if I wasn't on my phone, anything in a month or two
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jun 12 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it doesn't clash too close to Billing I'm in.

Whole of August is OK assuming that doesn't make it hundreds of pounds.

Wouldn't mind doing Oulton in the dry.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il have a look at whats on at work today
FlamingCorsa

14th Jun 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
if you lot can be arsed to use your cars and travel to a track then yes, I can arrange a trackday.

Failing that - something at Oulton or Anglesey...

yea oulton or anglesey sounds good, both close ish to me :-)
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some events in august/sept

http://www.focusedevents.com/car_event_list.asp
AK

14th Jun 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

late Aug/early Sep would posibly be best times for me - I dont mind midweek, prob easier infact
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what other websites feature events?
AK

14th Jun 12 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feature?

Do you mean who organises trackdays?

Javelin, Bookatrack, Apex, Focused Events
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anglesey GP Sat 22nd September 105 dba Book Early Price £129 Book

isnt a bad price
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

07/08/12 Oulton Park £220.00
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

28/09/2012 Oulton Park - OPEN PIT LANE Friday 10 £195
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be up for it
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which one mate
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not fussed with any. Just not cadwell......
Fonz
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've lost track ('cuse the pun) of the conversation but i'd like to offer my suggestions

Silverstone is £££ it is difficult to get change from £300 and if AK is right, not an exciting track.

Bedford (Feb 2011 @ £99) is long and full of everything i enjoy about a race track, top gear straights (note pural) and low gear, on the brake corners, has a nice pit area and being so long means there can be lots of cars on track without getting in everyone's way
recommended!

Malory is known by the club, it is used for car set up on alternate Wednesdays so those wanting to tweek/play with car settings seems like an obvious place to start (personally i'd like to see a chincane included however just to add some more interest)

Stowe (Silverstone) - i went here for a morning for £80 (Sept 2011) , a great fun circuit (in open format, the chincanes down the straights would spoil it), very fast in the dry and predictable in the wet (the weather was changable in the one morning!) being a short track it cannot take a mass number of cars on track. when i was there we were shown the chequered flag to give other drivers chance to get on!
thoroughly enjoyable however and offers good view of the track, and facilities near by
recommended

there is a link on WR showing track day organisers Click here

i always keep my eye on these
http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/tracks.asp

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php

and
http://www.trackdays.co.uk/

particularly the last one, i like the website and how you can see a full diary or select by circuit.

Blyton seems to be getting more popular and seems to be a reasonable price although i know nothing about it does seem to be getting a name for itself and looks to be an interesting circuit

personally i would join in with a club's track day if the price was £150 or less, with fuel costs to get anywhere (minimum and hour for me to get anywhere, typically two hours) plus time on track the fuel costs quickly start matching event costs and £300 for a day out is a lot of money!
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23 Jul 2012 Bedford Gran Turismo circuit Open Pitlane 101 169.00

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CS Trackday 22 database queries in 0.0164871 seconds