corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  132    133    134    135    136  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 16 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ford garage nearest me has a real bad reputation for the workshop side. That's what has put me off in the past.
Ben G

6th Oct 16 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got my wheels back and quickly fitted them yesterday so I could take my car to work, as I had been using my dads tank of a mondeo.

Also bought yet another new centre brake light as my 3Rd (I think) new one had once again cracked.

Fortunately I had £30 of nectar points which I converted into ebay vouchers, so it only cost £39 for the brake light. Springs and nuts.

Fitted that today. Hopefully it won't crack again.
BeetleGav

6th Oct 16 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How tight are you putting it in? Mine was cracked when I bought it, so I repaired it and it's not cracked again since.... I literally just nip it up so it doesn't move but isn't held tight
Ben G

6th Oct 16 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a combination of me doing the nuts too tight and the missus slamming the tailgate shut
Steve
Premium Member

6th Oct 16 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ease up on the roids pal
Ben G

10th Oct 16 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the alloys back to the refurbishers as they had sprayed them shadow chrome on the inside, aswell as the faces. This meant I had 2 alloys with black barrels and 2 with shadow chrome

I only noticed it when fitting the wheels, but thought I'd be able to live with it. Unfortunately not, so he going to spray them black.

Unsure how they didn't notice as they had all 4 wheels in their possession and fitted the tyres to them.

Anyway, to put my mind at ease, Ive sold a spare set of Facelift rear lights I had aswell as the broken centre brake light. £35 profit, so pretty much paid for the new brake light

[Edited on 10-10-2016 by Ben G]
3CorsaMeal

10th Oct 16 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MatthewR

13th Oct 16 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

14th Oct 16 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I got the wheels back, washed and then sealed with some Gtechniq C5. Very happy now, though I probably wont use their services again due to the terrible communication!

I bought a 2nd hand NSF wing this morning, off ebay. I've had quite a bad dent in mine from a truck for about 2 years now! They hardly ever come up for sale from breakers as so many Z4's appear to love having their front ends smashed up.

Anyway, it's going to be delivered Monday and I just hope it turns up undamaged it's silver, so needs painting anyway. I just wanted a dent free panel.

Tonight's little project is to paint the centre vent and cd player fascia in matte black to match the other stuff I painted long long ago.

Pic's as and when.

[Edited on 14-10-2016 by Ben G]
Ben G

14th Oct 16 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Split the vent and cd player apart. Cd player was quite fiddly and will take a lot of patience to re-assemble.

Rubbed down and a couple of coats of primer on them at the moment.

Ben G

17th Oct 16 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gradually getting through this. Had a few issues with the air vent slats which scratched when I re-fitted the sliders.

Also remembered the paint the air vent dial surrounds, so done them yesterday

Looking a little better. The grey was very dull and aged, so needed repainting either way.

Ben G

17th Oct 16 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And done...for now.

Apologies for the manky looking interior. Hasn't been cleaned in a good while it is my daily driver after all.

All I need now is to get that grey ring out from around the sport button and replace the headlight dial with a black unit.
Ben G

28th Oct 16 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to buy a black headlight switch unit from eBay at a fair price. Unfortunately the parcel guy turned up after I left for work, so for now I've managed to separate the cover from the housing (the part I was worried about) without breaking anything.

Reason for this is the mileage is stored in this unit aswell as the speedo, meaning if I changed the whole unit without coding it, a tamper dot could well pop up on my dash, which I definitely don't want.

Hopefully I can do the same for my existing grey switch and then pair my unit with the black cover.

I could've painted it, but the symbols would've disappeared, which would make it look rubbish.

Finished update coming tomorrow, along with (hopefully) a roof clean and protect and hardtop installation, ready for winter.
Ben G

30th Oct 16 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapped the covers over today. Thought I'd messed it up when the lights on the board came on, but I had just knocked the auto light setting on

Next I want to get red Seatbelts, new door handles from the other doorcards I have in my garage and finally get around to painting the dash trims.
Ojc

1st Nov 16 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

5th Nov 16 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painted the sport button surround. Interior is now void of grey plastic, besides the door handles, which I will be swapping with the chrome ones from my other interior, sitting in the garage.

Today's job was to retrieve my dashcam memory card which had fallen down the side of a seat. Impossible to get out, so had to remove both seats. Whilst they were out. I hoovered the carpet, which was disgustingly filthy.

I then cleaned the roof and Bodywork, in preparation for the hardtop being fitted.

I also fixed a Heatshield underneath which had dropped down, causing a dreadful metallic scraping noise over bumps and Chucked a load of oil in it.
Ben G

6th Nov 16 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardtop on. Feels like a different car

boylers11

6th Nov 16 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good with the hardtop on. Does it chafe the paint where it sits on the rear side bits or is there a channel for it to sit in?
Ben G

7th Nov 16 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers it has a bit of rubber underneath it which sits on the Bodywork. I made sure it was clean before putting it on.

I was worried about it marking the roof fabric as last year when I removed the hardtop after a few months, there was a black line across the roof which was a pain to remove. I made sure everything was clean this time, but will check in a week or so to make sure it isn't causing any marking.
Ian W

7th Nov 16 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look fantastic with the hardtop, only time I miss mine is when I see one with the top on
Ben G

7th Nov 16 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
They look fantastic with the hardtop, only time I miss mine is when I see one with the top on

I haven't seen another Z4 with a hardtop on in my near 5 years of ownership I suppose many owners can't be bothered with fitting and removal of it, when the soft top does a perfectly good job of insulating the interior.
Ian W

7th Nov 16 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen a few recently, I agree though, not really needed but they do make them a bit more unique.
Ben G

21st Dec 16 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked a new Fiesta ST up yesterday. Why? It was a year old so needed tax and servicing. Dealer called up and said he had black and white ones in stock with parking sensors for £7 a month less than were currently paying. No deposit needed, as per usual.

I was adamant I wouldn't ever have another black car, so went for the white one.

Parking sensors are a nice addition, though they look rather ugly on the rear bumper. Gearbox feels tighter and I've struggled getting it into gear 3 times in 70 miles. Air dump on throttle lift off sounds louder than before.

Soon as I got home I replaced the orange bulbs with osram diadems and put some osram LED's in the rear no. plate lamps.

I've ordered some mountune springs to lower it, mostly because it sits like a 4x4 at the rear, which annoys me.

Tempted to keep this one and get a Mountune kit fitted. These drive beautifully and they're very fun, so I'm thinking about keeping this for myself in the future.
Ojc

22nd Dec 16 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't you get the ST200 on a deal? Looks good in that grey.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Dec 16 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not a black car? I'm not a fan of white tbh

<<  132    133    134    135    136  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.2231681 seconds