corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  125    126    127    128    129    130    131  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Dec 15 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Page 11 of my thread features my best puddle shots. My latest pictures are semi pro looking though, it's the new phone.
Ben G

1st Jan 16 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished off the brakes today. New discs and pads on the front.

These are the only pics I have for now so they'll have to do

Haven't tested them out yet, but I suspect they'll be better than the old stuff. Also had to replace the brake pad sensors as the warning light had came on, on the dash.

Next, I finally fitted a secondary first aid box under my drivers seat. The passenger seat already had one and I needed somewhere to put my sunglasses. Door pockets are shallow, so I bought this about 2 years ago

Had the seat out a couple days ago to sort the handbrake cables, so decided to take it back out whilst I remember what I was doing.

Seat out, not too difficult, just a bit awkward.

Next, bolt on a bracket. 3 bolts, ratchet needed as it's a tight fit.

Finally, clip the box on.

Enough space for sunglasses and wallet. Not much else.

So that's where i'm up to now.

Next jobs are as follows:

- Install halo's in the headlamps and remove chrome tint film on indicator domes, aswell as fitting new indicator bulbs.

- Install facelift rear bumper and lights.

- Fix drivers door lock as it spins. Bracket has came loose, requires houdini like arm movements to fix.

- Solder my roof module wiring into the OEM wiring as the scotchlocks were rubbish and unreliable.

- Research CCV, something to do with high oil consumption and possibly replace this.

- Refurbish the alloys. Finally!

[Edited on 01-01-2016 by Ben G]
Jambo

1st Jan 16 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neat idea Ben.
Ben G

1st Jan 16 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. It was someone elses idea so I can't take credit for it adds a bit of much needed storage space in a tight cabin.

I tried fitting it with the seat in situ ages ago and failed. Was going to sell it but thought i'd try again and I succeeded
Nic Barnes

1st Jan 16 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's great, simple yet effective
BeetleGav

1st Jan 16 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have storage issues?! Atleast you have the spaces behind the seats, I don't even have that.

Ccv looks like a ballache of a job, the vanos seals can also cause higher oil consumption. I've bought vanos seals just need to brave doing them, I've got a lack of low down torque and I get a surge of power high up in the rev range. Prime symptoms of perished vanos seals.
Ben G

2nd Jan 16 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't know about the Vanos issue's Gav, so cheers for that, i'll have to research it. Power ajd torque seems fine on mine though, the engine runs sweet as a nut so my guess is on the CCV being blocked, meaning the oils getting kicked out the exhaust rather than recycled through the CCV.

Just drove home after doing all that work and a rear bulb has decided to blow this car loves to cause me grief

MOT is due this month so I need to make sure everythings 100%.
Ben G

2nd Jan 16 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dashcam installed today. Not 100% on it as I would've preferred to have it hidden behind the mirror, but we'll see how it goes.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Jan 16 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone needs to make a mirror with a camera on the back. i cant find one anywhere only ones that clip over the existing mirror
BeetleGav

2nd Jan 16 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you wire it in like I have?
Barely notice mine anymore
Ben G

2nd Jan 16 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't figure out how to remove the plastic panel at the top of the windscreen so tucked the wire in the sunvisor for now. Thwn I ran it down the A pillar, down the side of the dash and then under the glove box theres a plastic panel which I removed, tucked the wiring in and then went theough the centre console. Can only see the wiring in a couple of places so it's quite a tidy job.

Mark, mirror and camera does exist. It's an option on fiesta's, quite expensive though. My rear view mirror is auto dimming so would probably cost a fortune for a fancy dashcam mirror for mine.

One bad thing about this dashcam is it keeps emergency recording whilst i'm driving, due to the firm ride and bumps in the road. It has already used up all the emergency recording slots in 20 miles of driving

[Edited on 02-01-2016 by Ben G]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Jan 16 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be a setting on it to adjust the g sensor?
Ben G

2nd Jan 16 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly. I've been a typical bloke and fitted it without reading the instructions

Just went to change the rear light bulb and the old one had nothing wrong with it possibly the connector as it's missing a clip. Put a new bulb in anyway and pushed the connector in hard and it's working now.

Bloody cars a nightmare
--ToM--

2nd Jan 16 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben I'm not on any BMW forums I assume you are, to save me the hassle could you shed any light on the halo lights.

My e61 has them but there kinda yellow/orange I want them bright white but I also don't want the car to have an electrical melt down, if you could point me in the right direction with what to buy my opinion of you will be greater than it allready is! They seem to be around £30 on eBay so I don't wanna buy the wrong ones.
Ben G

2nd Jan 16 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your car already has halo's then you should be able to buy bulbs which change them to cool white, like the new BMW lights. That's the deal with the current shape Z4 anyway, so hopefully your 5 series is the same.

Personally, I would use a good branded bulb as I hate changing them when they blow

Mine doesn't have halo's as standard so mine are actual halo led unit's which will need to be wired and glued in. A lot more hard work
--ToM--

2nd Jan 16 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right thanks mate I'll look into what's the best to buy
Ben G

10th Jan 16 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to put copper grease on the hubs and spacers, so had the wheels off yet again. I've had a few seized wheels and do not wish to go through that again, so this is an easy preventative measure. May have put a bit too much on though

- MOT due next week, should pass as everythings sorted now.

- After that I need to invest in some front spacers for my front wheels.

- Sort out my headlights. Can't see much as the beam is set too low and halogens are crap. Looking into some more HID's and need to fit my halo's too.

- Drivers door lock still spins freely. Think it needs a garage to look at it as I read that you need some special tool to remove the handle to access it.

- Need to solder the Gaptech roof module in, to allow remote functions. Those crap block connectors were absolutely awful, so I ripped it out. Better off doing a proper job on it.

- My drivers door mirror jumps when moving up and down. Must not be connected to the backing plate correctly. It's more an annoyance than a problem though.

- Finally, my windows need aligning correctly as I have wind noise. I gave up doing it myself as it's a lot of trial and error and constant testing at speed.
Ojc

17th Jan 16 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gw m9
Ben G

17th Jan 16 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave it a quick wash, ready for the MOT tomorrow. Should pass, just need to sort headlight aim out as it's too low.

--ToM--

17th Jan 16 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooo nice transporter over the road.

Only and arse hole would fail it for headlamp aim literally takes 30seconds to adjust aim on a test I allways do it unless the adjusters broke and the beam won't move then I'll fail it.
Jambo

17th Jan 16 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really like those discs Ben, how do they compare to the stock ones you had before?
Ben G

17th Jan 16 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When cold, they're probably about the same as oem, but when warm, they stop very well. Not sure whether that's the discs or the textar e-pads, but I'm very happy with them.

Also quite like the noise made by the discs, under braking
Jambo

17th Jan 16 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the whooshing? My E46 had similar discs (standard) and they used to woosh

Wonder if they do those for my Astra
Ben G

17th Jan 16 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the whoosing noise it's quite cool.

They should do the discs for your Astra. Check mtec brake discs website as they sell them for all different marques.
--ToM--

17th Jan 16 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do, get some APs or hispecs for it, had hispecs on my mk2 gte epic brakes

<<  125    126    127    128    129    130    131  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.2801499 seconds