corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  124    125    126    127    128    129    130  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
--ToM--

User status: Offline
27th Nov 15 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Handbrake shoes handbrake isn't on the caliper shot design by BMW

I got my fitting kit from my local motor factors / suppliers I get all my bits from at the garage. 5er plus vat made life loads easier
Ben G

27th Nov 15 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Tom, i'll have to have a look in my local one. ECP only do the caliper clips. Nothing for the handbrake shoes
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Nov 15 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love new brakes. Something geekily exciting about having them

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
--ToM--

27th Nov 15 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Search "handbrake shoe fitting kit z4" on eBay there loads on there mate
Ben G

27th Nov 15 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Love new brakes. Something geekily exciting about having them

Weirdly it's the first time i've ever had to replace the discs in almost 10 years of driving Love the fact they're nice and clean. My current ones have massive lips on and are covered in rust. They look terrible

Cheers Tom i'll have a search on there.
Ben G

5th Dec 15 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, dealer phoned up and said they'd give me a new Fiesta ST for 10 quid a month cheaper than the old one. Went for it and picked it up today.

Only difference is this one has the new LED rear lights, which are 4 vertical stripes. Pretty cool. Other than that, I believe it sounds louder inside and the BOV sounds louder outside also.

It doesn't pull as hard, but that may be because it only had 20 miles on when I started ragging it so will see if it eases up as the miles pile on.

Probably keep this one, unless he can do another one cheaper in 9 months
Chris C

6th Dec 15 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a nice phone call to receive
Ben G

6th Dec 15 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it was very nice thoroughly impressed With Ford Edgware. They had the car under a black cover and when I walked in I didn't even realise it was under there made it a bit more special than walking outside and having it under a tent, like other dealerships do.

Anyway, back to the Z4. After owning it for 3 and a half years and having to put up with a very rough idle on cold start up, I decided now was the time to look in to the problem.

Finally, someone suggested the Idle Control Valve was at fault and it just needed cleaning out.

Easy enough job to remove. Probably took 30 minutes. When I got it out, I could see and hear the valve inside completely caked in black crap and stuck. Gave it a quick clean with brake cleaner and the valve started moving freely, so hopefully that fixes it. Nice and free problem sorted,hopefully.

No pics as it was cold, wet and I was in a garage getting pissed off with tight bolts
Kev_GSI

9th Dec 15 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Discs arrived. Look massive when not on the car. I paid extra for a silver coating so they shouldn't go rusty, hopefully!

get the brakes hot it will peel off Mind you I fitted mine and went to the nurburgring so they did get very hot
Ben G

9th Dec 15 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, hopefully they won't get too hot driving to work and back and the odd weekend blast.

Cars looking nice and clean for once.

[Edited on 09-12-2015 by Ben G]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great under there.

I don't understand the being back your old car and have a new one cheaper thing

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
MatthewR

9th Dec 15 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roof looks good mate
Ben G

9th Dec 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Looks great under there.

I don't understand the being back your old car and have a new one cheaper thing

Neither do I really

Traded the old fiesta st and had £700 odd equity in it after 9 months. Old car was £236 a month. New one is £225 a month, so the equity is probably why it's cheaper.
tom130691
Premium Member

14th Dec 15 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you do small mileage,

My ST3 is 12k miles and £250 a month
Generation

14th Dec 15 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ommmmm nommm
Ben G

14th Dec 15 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
I assume you do small mileage,

My ST3 is 12k miles and £250 a month

Allowance is 9k p.a though the previous one was touching 8k after 9 months and they didn't say anything.
Ben G

29th Dec 15 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the ST it's first wash in my ownership yesterday. Shoddy pdi from Ford. Sticker residue left on every single alloy and black dots and light scratches all over the car. Couldn't get the sticker residue off, but manage to remove the black dots and scratches with Polish and t-cut. Shocking that a brand new car can be handed over like that.

If i had paid full retail i'd be kicking off big time

Anyway, took it for a drive and ended up down a quiet rural road in the countryside, so took some photo's, Jason X style.

Ben G

30th Dec 15 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Z4 update, with no pics as we were bloody busy.

Finally fixed the handbrake. It must have been stretched cables as once we replaced them with new Pagid item's, it worked fine.

Absolute nightmare of a job though, which involved removing 2 plates, a heatshield, a support brace and 2 brackets holding the backbox up, just to get access to the underside of. The transmission tunnel.

A quick look didn't show anything obvious, so we then had to remove the centre console, both seats and pull the carpets back to get a good look at the handbrake mechanism.

Again, nothing obvious, but the connector the 2 handbrake cables sit in was loose and as everything else was working fine, we decided to replace the cables and see where that left us.

In doing this, the rear brakes had to come off and as I had new discs, pads and handbrake shoes to go on, we managed to fit them all.

All back together after 6 hours and everything finally works perfectly! Just in time for my MOT in a few weeks.

The drilled and grooved discs make a very odd noise which I initially thought was something to do with the handbrake shoes, so that'll take some getting used to.

Still need to fit the front discs and pads and solder some wiring back together as it split when removing the ashtray button panel, but we're almost there, at last.

[Edited on 30-12-2015 by Ben G]
--ToM--

30th Dec 15 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drilled and grooved discs should quieten down they allways sound horrible when new
Ben G

30th Dec 15 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok, that's good news then. I only realised it was the discs making the noise after pulling up at my house, having just driven 7 miles from my parent's. worried pretty much the whole journey that something was wrong
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Dec 15 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must be mental taking so many photos Ben
--ToM--

30th Dec 15 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally go out and do some heavy braking they soon get quieter lol don't worry.

Ben G

30th Dec 15 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
You must be mental taking so many photos Ben

I know mate, I felt a bit weird and ran back into my car when I heard another vehicle coming down the road

No chance of heavy braking tonight unfortunately. Raining quite bad here so everyones decided to drive at 15mph.
--ToM--

30th Dec 15 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didn't take a pic of it parked in a fucking big muddy puddle. I'm let down Ben. Jason is a better photographer.
BeetleGav

30th Dec 15 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the brakes make a bloody awful noise for a few 1000 miles, vibrate/buzz like hell.

<<  124    125    126    127    128    129    130  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 24 database queries in 0.0468650 seconds